The Geocaching Youth!

Hi im Da Rubber Chicken and I am Totally hooked on this sport already :o

I have been doing Geocaching sinse August 24th 2005 and at the moment I am only one away from 50!! I posted this topic to see if there are any other Geocaching Youths who share my passion for this sport i will be looking forward to reply's :DB)

rchicken.gifDa Rubber Chickenrchicken.gif

Edited by Da Rubber Chicken

Well done there, Rubber Chicken, on not quite getting to 50 finds. :o

Personally, I'm delighted to see thoughtful and intelligent youngsters like yourself who have such consideration for us old people. You obviously grasped that we have very poor eyesight, and needed to use the giant typeface to get your message seen. Leaving out all those stupid full stops and commas makes the whole thing simpler, and far less cluttered.

Good job - I'd do the same myself, if I wasn't worried that my posts might be, well... unintelligible.

-Wlw

[Edited for sarcasm]

Edited by wildlifewriter

You'll find that a large no of familys with children cache together, but it's extremely rare to find any of the younger members posting on here. Which is not surprising as the No of UK cachers who actualy post on here is minuscule to start with. One thing to remember is post that are made in all capitals is considered the equivalent of Shouting. Your post in large block capitals is the equivalent of someone shouting down your ear from a distance of 2.5cm.

Dave

Come on guys... :o

He's a young man keen to make an impression. I don't think he expected a load of miserable old duffers to put him down so roundly. B)

Welcome to the forum - congratulations on nearly reaching 50!!! :D

To give them one less thing to moan about why not edit your opening post down to a smaller size? B)

Edited by The Golem

That's a fairly scarey B) avatar pic you have there, Rubber Chicken! Or may I call you Da? I'm glad you and your friends are enjoying geocaching: I've had a look at your profile and I see you have a lot of highly esteemed companions who have probably guided you onto the Road of Enlightenment in The Great Quest For The Plastic Lunchbox. I know of one other young geocacher in this area who lists his occupation as "School" so he may be even younger than you - he goes by the name of The cache sniffer. Your post is colourful and enthusiastic :D and at least you didn't type it in capital letters :o which is considered to be "shouting" (so I'm told!)

Mrs B (alias The Mad Axe Murderer evil.gif )

He's a young man keen to make an impression.

That He has B)

I don't think he expected a load of miserable old duffers to put him down so roundly

Hey hold off on the miserable :D , old duffer I might be B) (well 44 is old to a teenager or younger :o ). You learn from your mistakes, thats if someone makes the efort to explain that mistake B).

To give them one less thing to moan about why not edit your opening post down to a smaller size?

it's just that i feel that its important that children feel welcome thats my main concerne

Da Rubber Chicken has proved that he's prepared to learn from his temporary mistake

B) , and shows that he's thoughtfull about his own age group and younger ones as well B) . And they say that the young of today are rude and uncarring.

My son used to come caching with but unfortunatly illness stoped that, he's more into Final Fantesy now. My daughter comes out with me, but she does not interact with others willing as those who've meet her will aggree, so getting her posting on here would be a miracle (I keep hoping though B) )

Dave :D

DA RUBBER CHICKEN IS PROPER BO, I TELL THEE! :D

I MET HIM ON MY RIDGEWAY RUN - THE BIGGER EVENT CITO MEET AND I HAVE TO SAY HE HAS SKILLS NOT ONLY THAT HES A BUCKET FULL OF ENTHUSIASM AND HIS ALMOST 50 LOGS MAKE ENTERTAINING READING ID LIKE TO WELCOME HIM TO THE SPORT AND THE FORUMS TOO

SAFE AS FLICK! B)

SP

[Not edited for sarcasm :o]

OK...Watch me try to come to terms with coloured fonts....

Will this work?

Or will I just look a complete prat cos I really don't know how to do this?....

Should we open a new thread entitled "Congratulations on Nearly Significant Milestones" specially for that Flexible Fowl?

Chickens and birds in general are getting a bad press at the moment.....

Mrs B

...Blimey! That took me 10 minutes to work out how to do that! I hope that crazy Chicken appreciates my efforts :o

Edited by The Blorenges
DA RUBBER CHICKEN IS PROPER BO, I TELL THEE! B)

I MET HIM ON MY RIDGEWAY RUN - THE BIGGER EVENT CITO MEET AND I HAVE TO SAY HE HAS SKILLS NOT ONLY THAT HES A BUCKET FULL OF ENTHUSIASM AND HIS ALMOST 50 LOGS MAKE ENTERTAINING READING ID LIKE TO WELCOME HIM TO THE SPORT AND THE FORUMS TOO

SAFE AS FLICK! B)

SP

[Not edited for sarcasm :D]

B):oB)

B) LOL :D Cheers Pimply Saul B) I appreciate the comments made

..Blimey! That took me 10 minutes to work out how to do that! I hope that crazy Chicken appreciates my efforts B)
Impressed i am :o SP I cant stop laughing looking forward to caching with you again and pieman If your located around bucks and your son's up for it I will go caching with him B) Cor you old folks ent that bad after all!! SP youve still got it B) I Just want people to know that im seroiusly Deadicated to this sport and will be doing it for many years to come :D Looking forward to more replies.

PS: I have finaly got my 50th!! Yay!!

Edited by Da Rubber Chicken

Da Rubber Chicken is a student of mine and he has shown as much dedication to Geocaching as he does to his karate.

I am extremely proud to be associated with him, not just in my club but also as a Geocaching buddy.

Well done Jason. I will also take the FULL credit for introducing you into this sport as I initially introduced your mentors - the Jolly Green Giants - to it.

My fault then.....

Oss!

PS. This is not a congratulations thread remember

Oss is a Japanese word written with two different characters. The first character means "to push;" the second means "to suffer." Combined, these two characters symbolize the importance of "pushing" and persevering while "suffering" through whatever difficulties life presents. The goal is to maintain high spirits, facing all obstacles with a positive attitude. A deeper meaning of oss relates to "keeping the faith," no matter what you encounter or strive to do. Finally, on the simplest level, oss signifies a feeling of deep respect.

B) welcome to geocaching well done on reaching your 50th i wish my son was as interested in caching as you im sure well here much of you in the future

if your ever up in whitby on holiday give me a buzz and ill be pleased to show you the great caches of north yorkshire

happy caching :o:DB)

Oss is a Japanese word written with two different characters. The first character means "to push;" the second means "to suffer." Combined, these two characters symbolize the importance of "pushing" and persevering while "suffering" through whatever difficulties life presents.

Thanks for that :D An excellent explanation of childbirth...... :o

...Wicked...

Wicked is yoof for good, not evil, btw.

As for Safe as Flick, it's the polite version of the title of Welsh band 'Goldie Lookin' Chain's latest album. Rude word? Outrageous!

SP :o

Edited to add I'm not weird - my mum says I'm special. Also to say Flick was my favourite character in Spaced. After Colin.

Edited by Simply Paul
Oss is a Japanese word written with two different characters. The first character means "to push;" the second means "to suffer." Combined, these two characters symbolize the importance of "pushing" and persevering while "suffering" through whatever difficulties life presents. The goal is to maintain high spirits, facing all obstacles with a positive attitude. A deeper meaning of oss relates to "keeping the faith," no matter what you encounter or strive to do. Finally, on the simplest level, oss signifies a feeling of deep respect.

Where did you get that from?!

In layman's terms:

Oss is a term used in many Martial Arts Dojo's around the world to signify any of the following;

Yes

Hello

Thank you

I understand

Goodbye

or anything else where appropriate.

Oss!

Hey Rubber Chicken! As forum moderator and local reviewer (and resident Grumpy Old Git :o ) I wanted to let you know that your contributions are most welcome.

Keep the postings coming and don't be afraid to accept constructive suggestions (such as limited use of coloured capitals :D !!). We may be getting on a bit but we could do with a healthy dose of irreverence from time to time B)B) .

Good on yer ! B)

Hi Dubber Ruck..

As a really ancient an deef duffer who cant speel wel. welcome to the fold.. You will find those interested in numbers.. positions etc and status.

I'm trying fer oldest ole cacher with least caches.. so far I'm winning.. but I'm willing to bet I'm going to get unindated with @No you aint@

Enjoy the hobby.. you get out wot you put in.. and see places you never new existed.

Nice one bonny lad.

Moss T :o

WTG on 50 Rubber Chicken, so when will we be seeing your first cache launched???

I have been caching about the same time as you, not quite as many finds, I don't have school to keep me busy during the day but do cache with certain other limitations!

IMHO as a relative newbie, by far the most challenging thing is to set a cache, submit the page, sit back and wait for approval then hovver near your pc while you wait for the FTF to succeed! Setting is challenging, but also nice to feel one is giving something back too! I doubt I'll ever be a prolific setter ... management would be a problem, but taking on this side of the sport is not only fun but enables one to understand more fully what's involved with caching as a whole!

Also, you get a sense of the warm fuzzies when others visit your cache and enjoy!

So, good luck with your first cache! :o

Now I am getting worried, 19 posts on your first day posting in the forums. you will soon be catching me up B)

But If SP says your cool, then your cool :o:D .

Welcome to the mad house

Maybe you should have a UK Poster of The month table Deego B)

Milton (aka Moote)

Edited by Moote