Challenge 2005 Part Iii

GlobalRat

Challenge 2005 hits 200!!!

To date 202 active new caches have been placed resulting in a net gain of 145 caches in 2005.

That's a massive 52% increase!!

WC still leading the pack. GP was hot on their heels but have fallen back somewhat with waaaaay to many unavailable caches spoiling the figures, hopefully these get rectified soon.

They are followed by KZN where things have gotten quiet over the last few months.

The rest of the pack is a rather sad affair :) . There seems to be a spark of hope in the FS.

Wonder whether we will hit the 250 alluded to by Warthog??

Yeah, I was in and then left my GPSR on the lid of my boot ....it fell and broke the screen. Now I'm only doing caching in front of my PC until the new unit arrives, with which our customs officials stuffed up the paper work etc., etc., etc., by the time the unit gets to me I'll have to go for retraining.

Edited by Africard

WC Yeehaa! :)

I have a traditional and a multi that I am going to be placing in the next few days. Hopefully before the weekend is over, if I can get to a printer and print that little info sheet. :D

I am focusing in on a peculiar phenomenom that I have observed using Google Earth. There is a void in the southern suburbs, and since I live there, it is my rightful duty to correect this horrible event.

Also, mentioned to me at a cache event last weekend by a poster on this very thread (you ought to know who you are if you read this) that south africans like to see a mountain and decide that the top is the best place for a cache! ;) I come from the land on urban sprawl (New Jersey, USA) and am working to change this to some interesting city caches. The view may not be as nice, but the cache itself can be pretty cool. :D

Until then, ..... :D

WC Yeehaa! - Only a month in Cape town, and Vespa is already a member of the "Cape Chauvinist society", as david kramer puts it ;)

I am looking forward to some nifty city caches - lets see what you got, Vespa!

Interestingly enough, despite us Kapies liking to put a cache on top of any mountain we see, there is still no cache on table mountains highest point, which i plan to do sometime if i ever get the energy :D

Well I have justed completed a year of geocaching with a find count at 113. So if I spend the next two years finding at my current rate, I will just keep up to the current amount of caches placed in South Africa in 2005.

This means I can cache away at my present speed and be content with the finds. :D

But then, with the amount being placed, I wonder what 2006 will be like for placements! I'll have to up my energy and find more than my 2 a week average. :D:D

Oh, and Tricky Vickey & Mickey and Globalrat seem to always need new caches to find! Discombob also! :D:DB)