A Missing Link?

AB4N

Ah. Good. Also the stacked coin icon will be added early next week on the nearest cache pages. This is to combat the huge number of travel bugs listed in an event cache.

With as many different coins as there are possible, I'm not sure how much the wrapping is going to help. (Better than before but still too much).

Maybe the tb/coin/jeep icons showing up next to events can be 1/2 or 1/4 the side of regular ones? This would allow for more of them to fit on the same space but still there so you can hover over them and see what they are...

With as many different coins as there are possible, I'm not sure how much the wrapping is going to help. (Better than before but still too much).

I don't think he is talking about wrapping anything. If I understand correctly, there will be a new single stacked coin icon that will show if there is more than one type of geocoin in an event, effectively reducing the total number of icons showing.

With as many different coins as there are possible, I'm not sure how much the wrapping is going to help.  (Better than before but still too much).

I don't think he is talking about wrapping anything. If I understand correctly, there will be a new single stacked coin icon that will show if there is more than one type of geocoin in an event, effectively reducing the total number of icons showing.

I think he's refering to the "nearest caches" page, that currently get all messed up when there are 15 different TB types in the cache, which often happen at event caches.

--Marky

It'll take an hour or so to work, but the changes have been made in the database. Sorry about that (and thanks for letting me know!)

Any chance of finding out what the problem is with uploading the EU geocoin icon. I sent the gif files in about two weeks ago. The coins have started to hit the streets this weekend, so the proper icon would be nice.

alex.

I am not directly responsible for the geocoin additions to the web site. If you are developing a geocoin you should have a contact within Groundspeak to ask for status updates on things like coin icons.

I have got a contact in GC that I've been working with, but nothing has happened despite repeated promises.

How come you can help the OP, but not me?? <_<

Alex.

It seems that the icon is uploaded to the website:

157.gif - http://www.geocaching.com/images/WptTypes/157.gif

but the icon is not associated with the EU geocoin.

Can this be fixed?

Alex.

Seems like Groundspeak don't mind making and taking money for new coin icons, but can't be bothered to honour their contact by actually making the icon available.

Over 3 weeks for something so trivial. Very poor.

157.gif  - http://www.geocaching.com/images/WptTypes/157.gif

Can this be fixed?

Alex.

Seems like Groundspeak don't mind making and taking money for new coin icons, but can't be bothered to honour their contact by actually making the icon available.

SlytherinAlex's first request about this was dated Oct 16th...9 days ago, not 3 weeks.

Much like your attitude.

I made the adjustment. It may take an hour to update on the site but the icon is now available.

Over 3 weeks for something so trivial.  Very poor.

Much like your attitude.

I made the adjustment. It may take an hour to update on the site but the icon is now available.

The fix is confirmed on my profile. Cool. Thanks!

157.gif  - http://www.geocaching.com/images/WptTypes/157.gif

Can this be fixed?

Alex.

SlytherinAlex's first request about this was dated Oct 16th...9 days ago, not 3 weeks.

Slytherin's first post here was 16th Oct, but the files were sent a forthight before.

That's 3 weeks of doing sweet FA with promises and no action.

Over 3 weeks for something so trivial.  Very poor.

Much like your attitude.

It's not a poor attitude to point out the need to honour contracts and provide a prompt,timely service.

But by kindly making the 'adjustment' at least you seem to have accepted some responsibility at last for icons, despite your previous post to the contrary.

Thank you.

What took so long? Too busy with the Waymarking fiasco?

I'd remove the icon from the server, refund the amount paid, and direct all inquiries to qichina.  :laughing:

And that certainly would be a breech of contract, liable to legal action no doubt.

Groundspeak Sycophancy Rules evidently. Any more? :laughing:

I'm not sure what short pants have to do with it. I'm imagining you wearing very constricting breeches right now which may be causing your knickers to be constricting into a twist.