Places To Get Coins Minted (a Growing List)

SCP-173

I'm using coinsandpins.com and am pretty happy so far. They've gotten rather slow in updating my die art recently, but I'm just about positive that's because there's about a bazillion coins being made right now. They've been great about revising the art, though... and I'm VERY picky about it. :bad:

By the way... can we get a pin here? :D

spent almost the entire time at work today looking for geocoins online. i found a site that lets you subscribe and they send you some coins monthly. cool, but i refuse to use paypal. :bad: I finally found this spot on the forums!!!!!!!!!! I'm thinking if i can get my artwork straight, i'll just get my own.l i am dissapointed that i have yet to find one in a cache. they are probably to valuable to people around here and they would just keep em anyway. oh well one day i shall be satisfied, untill then..............................................

It would be nice if we knew which coin mints were used for the various coins.  TN coins were done at KVCoins

I don't want to get this thread too far off topic, but I was thinking the same thing.

I don't have any coins that jump out as being of superior minting quality, but the engraved tracking number on the Ohio coin is a hard to read. Does anyone know who made them and whether or not they've changed their engraving process?

My first and second edition coins were produced by D&R Military Coins & Specialties. They also produced the 2004 and 2005 Washington coins for us.

While they are nice people, they don't seem to listen well and their response time is s......l......o......w...... We had wanted the 2005 WA coins in time for Memorial Day Weekend and we didn't end up getting them until mid-August. Most of that was due to a communication black hole with them.

A couple of weeks ago, I contacted both D&R and Coins & Pins with questions about producing my third edition coins. To make a long story short, Coins & Pins are shipping out my coins next Wednesday. Meanwhile, D&R has still not gotten back to me with answers to my questions.

Needless to say, Coins & Pins have earned my business for the foreseeable future.

My first and second edition coins were produced by D&R Military Coins & Specialties. They also produced the 2004 and 2005 Washington coins for us.

While they are nice people, they don't seem to listen well and their response time is s......l......o......w...... We had wanted the 2005 WA coins in time for Memorial Day Weekend and we didn't end up getting them until mid-August. Most of that was due to a communication black hole with them.

A couple of weeks ago, I contacted both D&R and Coins & Pins with questions about producing my third edition coins. To make a long story short, Coins & Pins are shipping out my coins next Wednesday. Meanwhile, D&R has still not gotten back to me with answers to my questions.

Needless to say, Coins & Pins have earned my business for the foreseeable future.

:bad: Amazing what a little customer service will get you! And their quality is top-notch.

I've used Coins for Anything on 3 different coins now. I'm very pleased with their service, pricing, turn-around time and final product. I'd recommend them to anyone.

Also, I love the work of Coins & Pins. Many coins in my collection were produced by them and they are all top quality coins. I'm planning on giving them a try in the late Spring for the Wanna Go 2nd Anniversary coin. I'm sure I won't be disappointed :)

Who would give you the cheapest price for 100 silver 1 3/4 size coin?

I don't think anybody here is in a position to say who is the cheapest for all of these requests.

My suggestions:

1) Check thier websites

2) Email them

FWIW - I used KV in the past and wasn't wowed by thier customer service. Nice coins, yes.

I've worked with Coins and Pins recently and am very pleased with thier service, responsiveness, and I know the coin will be beautiful based on other work they've done.

The geobone was produced by coinsandpins.

I could not be happier. They took some very rough sketches, plus screen captures of coins and elements I liked and helped create the coin I wanted. I was SUPER worried that the geobone would come out as a dog collar tag and not the "coin" I wanted -- chunky and heavy. Anyone that has seen one knows that this is not the case! They came out exactly as I envisioned them in my dog dreams.

So.... CoinsandPins will be my coin maker on all future coins. Also, they *get* geocaching. They are even buying runs of tracking numbers so that you can order all your trackable coins in one stop (previously you had to get the numbers from Groundspeak and then find a maker that understood and was willing to place these on coins) -- if only they had offered this during the initial part of my 'red-handed' coin....

They understand what the coins are used for and recommended epoxy to protect them in caches, etc, etc.

My first and second edition coins were produced by D&R Military Coins & Specialties.  They also produced the 2004 and 2005 Washington coins for us.

While they are nice people, they don't seem to listen well and their response time is s......l......o......w......  We had wanted the 2005 WA coins in time for Memorial Day Weekend and we didn't end up getting them until mid-August.  Most of that was due to a communication black hole with them.

A couple of weeks ago, I contacted both D&R and Coins & Pins with questions about producing my third edition coins.  To make a long story short, Coins & Pins are shipping out my coins next Wednesday.  Meanwhile, D&R has still not gotten back to me with answers to my questions.

I also used D & R Military Coins for my coins. When Moun10Bike says they are slow.....beleive it, also the communication is slim to NONE. March of 2004 was my first order and I was treated like crap! I did a reorder of gold coins (my first gold) back on August 29th and I am STILL WAITING!!!!! B) I think D & R military coins has there focus on Military coins only, they told me yesterday my order was put on the back bunner in order to get the big orders (1500+ coins) out first. B) Dave said is would be another 10 days. Gimma a break!

Do not use them there customer service stinks.

Pepper

Edited by Pepper

The Federation coins were done by The Caching Place. My personal feeling was excellent service and excellent qualtiy. They are not the cheapest but they were by far the most customer focused of any of the coin manafacturers I talked to. Since their site is now online the additional services they offer more than balances the difference in price.

...and an outfit in Georgia called Esteem Collections. EC can be contacted at 205-585-1434. No website.

I just wanted to point out that Esteem Collections was the ones that made his Geoluau II coins. I think the detail on those coins is truly amazing, so wanted to make sure they received proper credit. I also read that they did those coins in 3 weeks!