Bloated Head, Part IIa

hydnsek

WOOHOO I'm IN.

I won't be getting out of Burien southbound until 5:30 ish.

I have 3 extra sets of neoprene chest waders mens size 9-11 if anyone wants them let me know and I'll pack them along.

gg I need to get those waders to you to try on. They are mens size 6 and I think they may be too small. Whats your schedule like tomorrow night? (Thur) I could swing them by after work at 7:30PM

- hydnsek

- Kiersolvd

- LandRover

- willcall

- travisl

- Weightman

- Stump

- Terrible Ts

- Allanon (aka Elly's Dinner)

- globalgirl

- CENT5 (maybe)

- WaywardSailorGirl (maybe)

- Recdiver (maybe)

- AnalogDog (maybe)

It seems like a lot of greasy fat sacks will be tromping through my bog. You will try extra hard to avoid any damage won’t you? If all those hooves create a trail I will kill you. Oh wait, I was probably going to do that anyway.

All my love

E.

Better put me down as a 'maybe' as well.

I came back to work today after catching a bug sick this weekend and being sick the last 2 days, and I'm still wobbling arould like a drunken sailor (OK, even more so than normal). If I'm not 100% by Saturday, I'm not playing in the wind/rain and running the risk of falling in the swamp...makes it too easy for Elly to get me that way. :D:huh:

Edit: I'd fix the mistakes in this post, but WM's quote of it below catches it forever anyway, so why bother... :unsure:

Edited by Allanon
Better put me down as a 'maybe' as well.

I came back to work today after catching a bug sick this weekend and being sick the last 2 days, and I'm still wobbling arould like a drunken sailor (OK, even more so than normal). If I'm not 100% by Saturday, I'm not playing in the wind/rain and running the risk of falling in the swamp...makes it too easy for Elly to get me that way. :D:unsure:

Which probably makes me next on the list.

Oh well, such is life, I hope.

CENT5, I will take you up on one of those pair of waders.

I wear a size 12 shoe, will those waders work?

Probably. They run pretty large.

And I recounted and have 4 extra sets not 3.

I'd also probably love to have a pair, if extras are around. Otherwise, I'm going in with old jeans and very tightly-laced (and worn-out) tennis shoes. :D Somebody warn me if that's suicide (somebody other than Elly, of course).

I would love to do Bloated Head on Sunday, but as of now, I have heard of no one else that would like to do it. Though, I have done some crazy things solo caching, going into a swamp in the middle of the night, does not seem like a very smart choice.

Even though knowing treats would be left there for me. I'm still game if a few others would like to join me. Though I would have to refigure out where we entered the swamp last year.

I was thinking about going down after lunch sometime to located some of the other caches in the area. Then dinner someplace before the main event. I've heard that there are also some night caches in the area but havn't confirmed that. Would anyone else be interested in doing that too?

Got a time and place for meeting for this pre-bloat cache-a-thon? I can be there most anytime.

I would love to do Bloated Head on Sunday, but as of now, I have heard of no one else that would like to do it.  Though, I have done some crazy things solo caching, going into a swamp in the middle of the night, does not seem like a very smart choice. 

Even though knowing treats would be left there for me.  I'm still game if a few others would like to join me.  Though I would have to refigure out where we entered the swamp last year.

Guess I didn't speak loud enough.

WOOHOO I'm IN. I won't be getting out of Burien southbound until 5:30 ish.

Yippeeee - glad to hear it! How 'bout I meet you at Casa Centavo?

gg I need to get those waders to you to try on.  They are mens size 6 and I think they may be too small.  Whats your schedule like tomorrow night? (Thur)  I could swing them by after work at 7:30PM

7:30ish is fine - thanks!

WOOHOO I'm IN. I won't be getting out of Burien southbound until 5:30 ish.

Yippeeee - glad to hear it! How 'bout I meet you at Casa Centavo?

gg I need to get those waders to you to try on.  They are mens size 6 and I think they may be too small.  Whats your schedule like tomorrow night? (Thur)  I could swing them by after work at 7:30PM

7:30ish is fine - thanks!

All of my spare waders are spoken for. globalgirl, PlaidGuy, WeightMan, Hydnesk and willcall. I'd suggest ya'll bring a couple pair of socks if they run too large.

Meeting at my place at 5:30PM works fine.

See ya tonight

Lots o' activity - another update for later arrivals.....

Elly Baiters:

- hydnsek

- Kiersolvd

- LandRover

- willcall

- travisl

- Weightman

- Stump

- Terrible Ts

- Plaidguy

- globalgirl

- CENT5

- Troopster

- Allanon (maybe)

- WaywardSailorGirl (maybe)

- AnalogDog (maybe)

Swamp Edge Heckling Club:

- Prying Pandora

- LittleBlue

Meeting time: 8:00 pm, Sat Oct. 29

Meeting spot: Huggins Crossing and Evans Court 47.1073 and -122.6353

and for those that don't like to convert coordinates, N47°06.438 W122°38.118

Weightman and I are planning to meet up at the South Renton P&R at 1:00 pm for some pre-bloating :( exploration. Willcal may meet up with us later in the afternoon as well as Globalgirl and Cent5 (maybe). Anyone is welcome to join us to explore the south Tacoma area. Let me know and we can coordinate that off line.

Plain calf-high rubber boots might be best for this hunt.

The walk to the cache goes through more dense brush and thickets than actual swamp wading.

I'd be worried about snagging and tearing some expensive neoprene.

Have fun!

I've been wearing the same pair of 5mm neoprene chest waders hunting HARD every season for 10 years. They have seen more blackberry brambles and rocks than you can imagine. They wear like iron and if torn are very easy to patch. (Mine have many a patch and GOOP down every seam.) They are as close to bullet proof as you can get.

I know I should of said something earlier but I would like to join in with you guys. But it will still be a big maybe until I see what is in store for tomorrow. My life is full of surprises.

Anyway, has anyone thought of a place to go to after wards? There is a place in

Dupont called "Farellis Wood Fired Pizza Place. It's on the corner of Center Drive and Wilmington.

Edited by IronMaiden
I know I should of said something earlier but I would like to join in with you guys.  But it will still be a big maybe until I see what is in store for tomorrow. My life is full of surprises.

Anyway, has anyone thought of a place to go to after wards?  There is a place in

Dupont called "Farellis Wood Fired Pizza Place.  It's on the corner of Center Drive and Wilmington.

My My we have quite the group forming. Elly's either going to be very full and sleepy until spring. Or he will quail before our assault with his tail betwixt his legs.

As to after the assault. I don't know the area, but if there's beer involved-- I'm there :lol:

My My we have quite the group forming. Elly's either going to be very full and sleepy until spring. Or he will quail before our assault with his tail betwixt his legs.

As to after the assault. I don't know the area, but if there's beer involved-- I'm there :lol:

Center Drive is the main drag through Dupont, (Nothwest Landing Developement). Should be a easy find.

I'm feeling a bit sick with a cold I'm fighting. So if it's raining too much I'm out until next year. :P

Ok- I plan to meet up with Prying Pandora and Plaid Guy in the area around 6:30- how about all who want to meet at that Farelli's Pizza place mentioned earlier? I for one would like to eat *before* standing around a swamp listening to your shrieks of fear...  :cool:

No meeting up early for me.

I will be going to a B-Day party for my grandaughters 1st and won't be leaving SeaTac until 7:00PM. So it's 8:00PM at the posted meeting place for me.

Ok- I plan to meet up with Prying Pandora and Plaid Guy in the area around 6:30- how about all who want to meet at that Farelli's Pizza place mentioned earlier? I for one would like to eat *before* standing around a swamp listening to your shrieks of fear... :cool:

gg and I will be in the area about that same time. I'll call PP and see where ya'll are at.

Ok- I plan to meet up with Prying Pandora and Plaid Guy in the area around 6:30- how about all who want to meet at that Farelli's Pizza place mentioned earlier? I for one would like to eat *before* standing around a swamp listening to your shrieks of fear... :cool:

Will try to get there - otherwise at the cache on an empty stomach

Last minute bail out.  I'll try to make Bloated Head III next year :cool:

(Farelli's has some of the best pizza in the county.  Good choice.)

Bummer. Sorry to miss you.

LB I e-mailed my cell # to you. gg and I will be at Farelli's at 6:30.

PP give me a call when you are on the way.

Edited by CENT5
OK, I was definitely on the 'no' side of the fence, but LB called and talked me into it...but I said I'd only go if we could eat Pizza... :o

The Deluxe Family Classic Combo sure looks good to me... B)

Not sure if I'll venture into the swamp yet though or not... :cool:

Go, its not any worse then some of the stuff you have done with us already.

OK, I looked up Farrelli's Pizza.  They have a website with a menu, and their phone number is (253)912-5200.  Don't have coordinates, but it looks to be about 600 feet SW of this cache: Dude, Where's my Cache III

Coords for the junction of Wilmington and Center are N47 05.517 W122 38.753

Well o.k. - to be preeeecise, the coordinates for the address of the place are:

47 05.526 122 37.992

(leastwise that's what multimap spits out...)

So looks like we'll (the cinco centavo lad 'n I) not be meeting up with Weightman for a pre-bloat cache run - in favor of snagging a slice or two of joy for our bellies instead, yes? Fine by me.

Oh my gosh! A swamp monster almost got us! (I'm not kidding)

While we were busy following the wrong "trail" on the way back, Prying Pandora was starting to wonder what was taking us so long. She called and asked if we had gotten lost or eaten. Wanting to prepare her for what was to come, I replied, "A litte of both."

:lol: The mysterious Swamp Man - who single-handedly made our creepy Quest for the Bloated an over-the-top memorable geoadventure! :drama:

39c9e231-1baf-4228-b713-c709166ec0ad.jpg

Lurking in the dark for (literally!) HOURS in order to pounce just as our ragtag band of nutso geozanies was merrily signing the log and snapping flash Kodak moments of the festivities (shoot, turns out - he too was nearby snapping flash pics in hiding whilst waiting to pounce!) Not only did he drag a REAL deer head in to add to the gore, but he rigged up a motion activated creepy sound-effect contraption as we neared the lair!

Truly thanks Oh Mystery Swampman - for a purely unforgettable adventure!

:ph34r: The mysterious Swamp Man - who single-handedly made our creepy Quest for the Bloated an over-the-top memorable geoadventure! B)

39c9e231-1baf-4228-b713-c709166ec0ad.jpg

Lurking in the dark for (literally!) HOURS in order to pounce just as our ragtag band of nutso geozanies was merrily signing the log and snapping flash Kodak moments of the festivities (shoot, turns out - he too was nearby snapping flash pics in hiding whilst waiting to pounce!) Not only did he drag a REAL deer head in to add to the gore, but he rigged up a motion activated creepy sound-effect contraption as we neared the lair!

Truly thanks Oh Mystery Swampman - for a purely unforgettable adventure!

Hey that's my husband your talking about!!!!! :(B)B)