Bloated Head, Part IIa

hydnsek

Starting a new thread so as not to usurp Java Duck's planned venture on Halloween eve (Sunday evening, Oct. 30....

At tonight's WSGA meeting, several of us worker bees expressed interest in doing this as a group on Saturday night, Oct. 29, meeting about 8 pm, rather than midnight Sunday night. Hey, that's still Halloween weekend, and as a bonus, we can leave some "treats" for those who follow us Sunday night. :P

So....who's interested in taking on Elly on Saturday evening, Oct. 29?

Prying Pandora, we'd really looooove to have you along to heckle, I mean 'guide,' us in our quest....

At tonight's WSGA meeting, several of us worker bees expressed interest in doing this as a group on Saturday night, Oct. 29, meeting about 8 pm, rather than midnight Sunday night. Hey, that's still Halloween weekend, and as a bonus, we can leave some "treats" for those who follow us Sunday night.  :P

So....who's interested in taking on Elly on Saturday evening, Oct. 29? 

Prying Pandora, we'd really looooove to have you along to heckle, I mean 'guide,' us in our quest....

Well, I certainly can't miss that, and the 8:00 start time is much better for this worker bee who has to work on Sunday.

So who wants to join me at the Swamp Edge Heckling Club? Andrew?? Nolie? Funnynose? Marcus? BL? Remember that Dupont Crossroads is still there laughing at us!

Edited by Prying Pandora

Thanks to the admin who fixed the erroneous 'i' in the title (we editors hate typos like that; it was bugging me). :(

Elly Baiters:

- hydnsek

- Kiersolvd

- LandRover

- willcall

- travisl

- Weightman [maybe]

- Stump

Swamp Edge Heckling Club:

- Prying Pandora

- Ellylidan [let's hope it's heckling, not gnawing.... :( ]

There's safety in numbers....who else?

Edited by hydnsek

Per LittleBlue's query, here's the Elly Baiters and Swamp-Edge Hecklers so far:

Elly Baiters:

- hydnsek

- Kiersolvd

- LandRover

- willcall

- travisl

- Weightman [maybe]

- Stump

- Terrible Ts

- Allanon

Swamp Edge Heckling Club:

- Prying Pandora

- LittleBlue

Meeting time: 8:00 pm, Sat Oct. 29

Meeting spot: Huggins Crossing and Evans Court 47.1073 and -122.6353

and for those that don't like to convert coordinates, N47°06.438 W122°38.118

"bait[ers]"?  I'm sure my wife would be happy to hear that I've become bait.  She's been hoping for an accidental death (extra insurance coverage).  As long as I don't limp out simply maimed.  :blink:

I have some extra dive weights and they may never find your body. Does that count as "accidental"?

"bait[ers]"?  I'm sure my wife would be happy to hear that I've become bait.  She's been hoping for an accidental death (extra insurance coverage).  As long as I don't limp out simply maimed.  :blink:

I have some extra dive weights and they may never find your body. Does that count as "accidental"?

I don't know. My employer self-insures. I'm sure they'd drag it out until my wife had the swamp drained (and the belly of the beast pumped, if that's what it took). :blink:

We all know I'm the biggest and slowest 'bait' going on this trip. If Elly decides to stock up for the long, cold winter, I'm sure I can provide a good 'cover' for you all to escape...

To paraphrase an old punch line, we don't have to run faster than the swamp monster. We just have to run faster than you. ;)

I'm considering this. Gotta find my old pair of waterproof boots. Really, how deep is it?

If you take the correct way in, even with all the rain we have been getting, if it was up to your knees I would be shocked. I would guess about ankle to mid shin at the deepest.

Or you take the wrong way in which case the Jesters post is appropriate

Is it worth it to travel to log just one cache. Not always, but for this cache, especially if you're doing it in the dark with a bunch of other crazies (uhhmm, I mean cachers), yes it is. It is one experience you will never forget.

I debated last year if I wanted to go and am glad I did! It was a blast. Sadly, I have to skip on this year, have family coming into town. I'll be thinking about all of you while Ellyidan and Peg slowly move in and.....

Is it worth it to travel to log just one cache.  Not always, but for this cache, especially if you're doing it in the dark with a bunch of other crazies (uhhmm, I mean cachers), yes it is.  It is one experience you will never forget. 

I debated last year if I wanted to go and am glad I did!  It was a blast.  Sadly, I have to skip on this year, have family coming into town.  I'll be thinking about all of you while Ellyidan and Peg slowly move in and.....

Hey Java Duck

If you were responding to my post, what I ment was there is a multi in Dupont that I was only half way into. I got BFH a while ago.

Edited by andrewrj
Is it worth it to travel to log just one cache. Not always, but for this cache, especially if you're doing it in the dark with a bunch of other crazies (uhhmm, I mean cachers), yes it is. It is one experience you will never forget.

I debated last year if I wanted to go and am glad I did! It was a blast. Sadly, I have to skip on this year, have family coming into town. I'll be thinking about all of you while Ellyidan and Peg slowly move in and.....

Hey JD - does this mean you're not going to do your Halloween trip on Sunday, the night after us? We were going to leave you some.....treats....

Update.....

Elly Baiters:

- hydnsek

- Kiersolvd

- LandRover

- willcall

- travisl

- Weightman

- Stump

- Terrible Ts

- Allanon (aka Elly's Dinner)

- globalgirl