Singapore Geocachers

chengsing

I invite you to create many different threads there. Perhaps it would help if you started your subject line with the country name so that it is easy to see them among the other countries?

Example:

"Singapore: blah blah blah"

I think using the 2-letter ISO country code would be better then: "[sG] blah blah blah"

I take many geocoins now..need found another 4 more and complete my geocoins book...please put more coins for me and find.

I return travel bugs I take if I get the 4 more geocoins I need for mine collection.

Pls help...pls plant Geocoin near town or 6th ave area so I easy retrieve.

Edited by fifafu
I take many geocoins now..need found another 4 more and complete my geocoins book...please put more coins for me and find.

I return travel bugs I take if I get the 4 more geocoins I need for mine collection.

Pls help...pls plant Geocoin near town or 6th ave area so I easy retrieve.

Erm, sorry if I misunderstood, but I noticed that you have nothing logged in your trackables page, so I assume you're keeping them. With very, very few exceptions, you're not supposed to keep the geocoins you found, but to move them along to another destination.

If you are moving them to other destinations, you should log them so that the coin owners know about the progress of their coins.

The part about travel bugs makes this post sound like a ransom note...

I take many many geocoins from FCP..I also take geocoins from the "hill" behind paradize centre.

Does anyone know a cacher called lanz86.

they took 2 coins I had placed in Fort canning park, and so far have not moved them on or responded to any emails. I just wondered if they where ok or if anyoen knew them.

For those doing the cycling race on 22nd Feb... Good Luck!!!

Last call for anyone in the race to contact me for the tatoos... :lol:

I won't be able to handle any request for tatoos after tomorrow.

(Shop close for 4 weeks.)

finally found my 50th cache... and nice to do it while in HK :(

ok.. shop is open again, shipping will resume on 12 March onwards.

I doubt I will be bring in more items. So, do grab it while stock lasts. :)

I love the fact that those guys said, I took all the geocoin and please plant more for them to "COLLECT"

Cheers from a Singaporean currently in Hong Kong. Will be back for a month in May for some work + geocaching.

Would love to have people to tag along for more efficient caching :-)

Cheers

Cheers from a Singaporean currently in Hong Kong. Will be back for a month in May for some work + geocaching.

Would love to have people to tag along for more efficient caching :-)

Cheers

Hey,

I'll be in SG for a very short while in the begining of May. When will you be back cause I would love to tag along. I've never been to SG at all so it will make my life easier as well.

If there are some Geocachers out there who might want to assist me in some sort of way please send me a PM. I would love to do as much as possable in my short stay there,

Thanks guys

Megaben

Hi there all Singaporean Geocachers!

For the ones who dare crossing the border, let me invite you to our newly created forum "Geocaching in Malaysia".

http://mycachers.freeforums.org

We have a number of new caches in Malaysia. Come and join us!!!

Cheers, STRPHCJNB

I repeat what I said in the Malaysia Cacher's forum on GC.com:

Why create yet another location that one has to monitor for contents? If this forum ws

overrun with content splitting something off would make sense..

Hi All

SG Geocachers

I will be in Singapore for the F1 GP, Training and supporting your local officials. I would like to find some caches after the GP. I will be staying on until about the 1st or 2nd October.

Any help would be appreciated

Hi Datruk,

Welcome to Singapore. There are several caches around the track itself. In fact one of my cache (Bay watch) is practically at the side (& under) of the race track. I've done some cache maintenance over the weekend (especially on the camoflauge) and the level of difficulty is just as high as before! Enjoy ur stay and good hunting!

fkuan

Edited by fkuan

Hi All

SG Geocachers

I will be in Singapore for the F1 GP, Training and supporting your local officials. I would like to find some caches after the GP. I will be staying on until about the 1st or 2nd October.

Any help would be appreciated

Hi Datruk,

Welcome to Singapore. There are several caches around the track itself. In fact one of my cache (Bay watch) is practically at the side (& under) of the race track. I've done some cache maintenance over the weekend (especially on the camoflauge) and the level of difficulty is just as high as before! Enjoy ur stay and good hunting!

fkuan

Hi!

Formula 1 that's my topic, I`m visiting the Singapore during the racedays, too.

And I'm on a mission: in my hometown here in Germany is a Travelbug (Travelling Merlion).

As you can see one of its goals is Singapore. I need an easy to reach and find cache were I can put it. I`m travelling with a muggle, so I'm not planning to search a lot caches.

If you have any tipps whcih cache I could use it would be very helpful.

THX in advance

Halvar von Flake

Edited by Halvar von Flake

Hi!

Formula 1 that's my topic, I`m visiting the Singapore during the racedays, too.

And I'm on a mission: in my hometown here in Germany is a Travelbug (Travelling Merlion).

As you can see one of its goals is Singapore. I need an easy to reach and find cache were I can put it. I`m travelling with a muggle, so I'm not planning to search a lot caches.

If you have any tipps whcih cache I could use it would be very helpful.

THX in advance

Halvar von Flake

I think Lee Hsien Loong TB Hotel would be a good choice for an easy to reach and find cache. Being near a museum and close to the shopping belt (as well as near the f1 race track), it should offer plenty to keep your muggle friend occupied.

Hello

I'm going to singapore at the end of Jan, and looking to do some caches. What are the best to do and any advice how the best way to get to them. Mainly for the jungle caches. Also willing to meet up if any trackables want to head to Engalnd. If i can set up a cahe meet would people be intrested???

Gary

Hello

I'm going to singapore at the end of Jan, and looking to do some caches. What are the best to do and any advice how the best way to get to them. Mainly for the jungle caches. Also willing to meet up if any trackables want to head to Engalnd. If i can set up a cahe meet would people be intrested???

Gary

Hi Gary, for jungle caches, try Yamas***a's Gold. The directions are pretty clear but go back out the same way you came.

As for cache meets, yes there are people who are interested, but it will usually be only a handful. Have not been to one myself.

Hi All !

Any other recomendations? We should compile a 'favourites' list once and for all.

These list of old recommendations have been culled from various sources such as forums and profiles, and is basically outdated. Some caches no longer exist, but it's a start. What are your favourite caches today?

By the IndianaJanes

President's Palace is a good one to start with and you will even get to see the Istana (which is just across the street). Just look out for the Poggles ("men-in-blue") when you get the clues.

There are THREE caches on Sentosa - aren't you going to try them ALL ??

Around the Orchard Road area are :

Emily Rose - it's nearby and in a nice quiet park. There's a Hangout Hotel nearby with the best little restaurant called Wild Rocket (check out their website) with great Chocolate Fondant...

Sculpture Square (by metrohomme) - easy one except for muggles.

No Looking Back - easy one done inside aircon comfort and your bored kid can go read books while u look for the clues.

The Two Old Trees (by thsalbert) - near Little India, another touristy spot.

Santa Klutz - on the other side of Orchard Road but still in town - a cache frequented by overseas cachers, it's becoming a little TB hotel.

If you have time :

The Story of a Migrant (by metrohomme) - is a great one for sightseeing around the Chinatown area.

Up and Out (by Spa Susi and Javamama) - It's a 2-part cache but if you want to see some creative caches, this is it!

It's a pity you don't want to try the multi's because we highly recommend "Shaken, not Stirred". Very creative hiding again (by Spa Susi and Javamama) and a really pleasant area to visit. The first clue might stump you already although it is very near Orchard Road!! One of the waypoints of this multi is actually a quaint little restaurant where your wife can sit and have a drink while you continue with your quest!!

PLUS, our very own "P.S. I Love You" is in the same area!

OK.. Now for Bukit Timah. It's great that you are trying some of our 'jungle' caches. Too few overseas cachers have time for them and they are really fun! Do bring LOTS of mozzie repellent though. And strong shoes in case it gets muddy if it rains.

If you are doing Bukit Timah 1, you must do

- Cache in, Cash out

- Bukit Timah 2

And also, you may attempt "I thought I saw a crocodile" is a super fun & creative cache again.

"ESCAPE From The Jungle" is also easy to get to and very creative cache. "End of the Woods" is not far from there.

You probably noticed by now that whenever I say "creative cache", they refer to Spa Susi/Javamama caches.

If you want an easy grab and go cache, "Safety Inside" is the one.

Should I recommend another restaurant again?? haha.. What's geocaching without food, right?

It's just a short drive, very near Safety Inside. Here are the approx coords to Galbiati Italian Deli - N01° 21.463 E103° 46.061

AND FINALLY.... you really should download the routable malsingmaps (http://www.malsingmaps.com) mentioned in some of the previous posts. It will really help in navigation because all the nature trails are marked in detail.

Hmmmm... I see you have an ENIGMA cache!!! Sooo... rubberdad's "Puzzle In, Game Out! " shouldn't be too hard for you!! I'm sure you can handle the cryptic crossword in a breeze. It's a very fun but challenging multi but you can work on the codes at home before coming here.

Have Fun !

IndianaJanes (Viv & Mag)

By Javamama

ADVENTURE @ the BEACH!!

Singapore Challenge II - Singapore (GCQDQM)

By Spa Sushi

Nice TB hotel is Definitely-Santa Klutz by IndianaJanes (GCRPPD)

Maybe -Up and Out by Javamama and Spa Susi (GCTY0H)

Good Possibility-Emily Rose by IndianaJanes (GCT7A6)

Maybe-Sculpture Square by metrohomme (GCRZ0A)

If you love hiking and ghost -Yamas***a's Gold by Spa Susi (GCQV38)

If you love being crazy-Cliffhanger (Tidal Cache) by bochupda & metrohomme (GCXYR8)

If you have the time and want to get crazy-Shaken, not Stirred. by A Spa Susi and Javamama Geo Secret Agent Mission (GCY0AP)

If you want to see postcard view of Singapore-Esplanade Park by TheBengZ (GCRJF3)

If you want a good historical walk of Singapore-The Story of a Migrant by metrohomme (GCT7EQ)

If you want to stay indoor all the time and make all Singapore cachers envy -Contact by wherever (GCY6PM)

By THSALBERT

Yamas***a's Gold by Spa Susi (GCQV38). Good trail

Little Big Apple by IndianaJanes (GCTG02), Cyber travel few thousand km and take me 3 days to completed the found.

Flying Saucer by zeng (GCTAPG), Highly imagination Cache. A lot of things I had learn from this cache

Chronicles of Utama, the most challenging trail experience in Singapore.

Shaken, Not Stirred By Spa Susi and Javamama(GCY0AP), So far was the most challenging cache to date, I passed the test which became a geo secret agent 05, haha.

I thought I saw a crocodile by Spa Susi and Javamama(GCY5BQ), Good trail and creative hide, A good one.

hey hi everyone. just started this and am pretty new (only about 20 caches) so pls excuse my new-ness :lol:

was thinking of getting travel bugs, coins etc. how do we get them here in SG? my guess is that we have to look for a close partner shop and ship them in?

if so, want to do a mass order of about 10? :D

Hi Sharpion, welcome to the global treasure hunt. Alas, you can't get TB dogtags in Sinagpore. You'll have to order them from the US. We've had sad experiences with TBs and geocoins. You have to accept that most will be lost, muggled or stuck in a poorly visited cache. Good luck!

yup, I am winding down. Sold the last trackable just this month.

Left with stickers and lanyards.

Anyone Singapore cachers wants them drop me a pm here. As mention in last note, anyone with more than 200 finds or hidden 50 caches will get "special discount". (I actually intend to give them away foc with no strings attached - valid only for folks who found more than 100 cache or hidden 50)

Hey IJ, thanks for the reply - nice to join the hunt :D love your caches.

hai~ things do sound kinda bad here. still, ill prob try to get a coin and test my luck ;) probably buy from australia as i have frens there who can send them over.

with the increased availability of GPS devices, facebook and cheaper mobile data plans here, think that we are set for a revival actually. Just started recently but managed to 'poison' about 6 people already. its easy when everyone has GPS on their phones and carry them everywhere.

Helicraz, why are you winding down? u interested to hand over your business to someone else? :rolleyes:

Helicraz, why are you winding down? u interested to hand over your business to someone else? :rolleyes:

You can try contacting them if you want to set up a store. Anyone is very much welcome to take over my remaining stocks.

For those who received SPAM from my site, I am very sorry. I was just alerted today that a customer was receiving SPAM emails. Upon investigation, I found out that there is a newly discovered bug in the software I was using, and the hackers have been abusing sites using that software.

To prevent further abuse, I have deleted all the customers contacts in the database. I will keep doing so for any new purchases.

Edited by helicraz

hey hi everyone. just started this and am pretty new (only about 20 caches) so pls excuse my new-ness :)

was thinking of getting travel bugs, coins etc. how do we get them here in SG? my guess is that we have to look for a close partner shop and ship them in?

if so, want to do a mass order of about 10? :P

Hullo everyone, I'm new too. And I hope if anybody would want to buy Geocoins from overseas, I don't mind to get some too. Please keep me posted. Thanks...

hey hi everyone. just started this and am pretty new (only about 20 caches) so pls excuse my new-ness :anibad:

if so, want to do a mass order of about 10? :anibad:

Hullo everyone, I'm new too. And I hope if anybody would want to buy Geocoins from overseas, I don't mind to get some too. Please keep me posted. Thanks...

Thanks for the offer Helicraz, will consider setting something up. Could you pass me an inventory list perhaps?

Raimie, hi - i just bought 5 travel bugs, will only be using about 3 so maybe have 2 leftover, u want? bought with protectors, u can see them here

Event CacheBangkok pizza party

An Event cache by chancerandom Event Date : Saturday, 28 August 2010 Remember This Date!

Size: Size: Other (Other) Difficulty: 1.5 out of 5 Terrain: 1.5 out of 5

N 13° 44.347 E 100° 33.359

Come and join fellow cachers in the area. Meet for dinner around 7PM and we'll have a raffle at around 8:30. Lots of geo coins and other cool stuff will be given as prizes. No entrance fee - Everyone will pay for their own food and drink. Hope to see you there!

Soi 8. Look for 'do not enter' sign. We'll be meeting at Via Vai restaurant.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Revi...ai-Bangkok.html

I'm heading that way in a few weeks for my first trip to Singapore. Are there any quick do's and don't I should know? How about a side trip to pick up a few caches in Malaysia?

Get the one in the Airport. It's in the butterfly garden in Terminal 3. Get it BEFORE you go through immigrations - this is in the transit area.

http://coord.info/GC1HA96

Other than that, it really depends on how you intend to get around, and what kind of caches you like. I've only found 12 geocaches in Singapore, so I can't give you a definitive list. Singapore is hot and humid, something you may want to bear in mind when planning caching trips.

Have fun!

I'm heading to Singapore next week for the F1 (tough job but somebody has to do it) and have a pile of motorsport related TB's which i'm planning on dropping at the TB hotel at the museum, unless anybody would like to meet up and relieve me of them. I arrive wednesday and leave monday night.

Alex

Also if anybody needs any supplies i'm more than happy to pick them up and bring them over for you.

Edited by comerford

Spa Susi and I are leaving Singapore soon so we're having a garage sale. We have a used Garmin etrex legend for sale for $50. We also have a collection of travel adventure books, backpacks and other miscellaneous gear for sale. If you're interested in the gps or in listings of other items for sale, call or sms Spa Susi at 90222171.

Hi, I am a fairly new Geocacher that lives in Perth, Western Australia now. I regularly go back to Singapore and maintain a few caches there. Was wondering if anyone was interested in cache containers and trackable codes for sale. I sell some on my eBay shop too. What do you think?

If you want to gauge interest, you may want to try posting to the Singapore geocaching facebook page as well. I do not know if those in charge would oppose to commercial postings though, so you may want to check first.

Sure that sounds like a great idea...

The shop is more or less ready to open within the week once the trave; bugs and coins arrive... decided to go ahead anyway coz i figured i'm just buying stuff for myself... and its no harm to buy a few extras for the shop.

and it wasnt ever meant to be a profitable business... just a small shop so the local boys and girls can buy some trackables and what not..

:)

If you want to gauge interest, you may want to try posting to the Singapore geocaching facebook page as well. I do not know if those in charge would oppose to commercial postings though, so you may want to check first.

Is it that page catergorized as a business with 3 likes or something? thats the only one i found...

Is it that page catergorized as a business with 3 likes or something? thats the only one i found...

I couldn't find that one... this one is a group with 105 members. I'll pm you the user ID of one of the pioneers of the group and you can ask him if it's OK to post what you want there.