Singapore Geocachers

chengsing

Congrats to thsalbert on your 100th cache! :)

By the way people, I believe lately there was talk among some local geocachers regarding the creation of a Singapore Geocoin.

May I know if there's any update on the progress? I understand we'd have to place a minimum bulk order of 1,000 coins. Sounds like a lot of coins to retail. :huh:

Edited by metrohomme

Hundred or thousand caches found is not so materialise. It was the geocaching sperit, the free and easy type kept going and enjoy it is more importance. Thousand Singapore geocoin is not so many, We can let it travel to the world by fellow geocachers effort. Travel with geocahing the fun was great. Thank metrohomme to put up a very good cache( The Migrant) no doudt I have not done it but I appreciate the effort you put in. Happy geocaching.

Wahaha... Seems like u already have some design in mind. ;) I dun mind purchasing the SG Geocoin. After I've completed most of the local caches, wanna look out into the world to try caches in other places. The SG Geocoin will be a good momento to leave behind overseas. B)

Hope more details can be released soon on how to do our part. :D

I quite agree with Albert. Love the idea of a Singapore geocoin. Will plant them everywhere we go! :D

Must have merlion, travel palm and sarong party girl !! hahaha... Just kidding abt the SPG part lah.

Hi to all Sinapore cachers,

On my way to New Zealand I will have a stopp-over in Singapore March 10th - 12th and I am looking forward to find - apart from sight-seing also some caches.

I have some unregistered geocoins with and without own icon to trade or to sell. Could make money going to e.... but for the spirit of our sport I would prefer to take the one or the other to Singapore should there be an interest.

Should you be intereste just drop me an line to my geocaching.com e-mail address. I am compiling a list of the available coins and will send it out within the next ten days.

Albatross1901

As it looks now I'll be off to Singapore tomorrow...

I'll be too late to arrive for the CITO event, but I would like to do some kind of jungle cache on sunday (23rd) or monday(24th).

I am by myself this time, so if anybody wants to join for Yamas***a's gold or one of the Forest Walk caches....

Otherwise I'll have another go at Tower View, can't stand it that I was unable to get a good look at the site the last time I was in Singapore...

Any takers ?

You can get a glimpse of who you are dealing with from my last log of 'Tower View'......although that might scare you off ;-)

I am by myself this time, so if anybody wants to join for Yamas***a's gold or one of the Forest Walk caches....

Otherwise I'll have another go at Tower View, can't stand it that I was unable to get a good look at the site the last time I was in Singapore...

Hi there! You can do Yamash!ta's Gold first and then Tower View on the same day. After Yama, TV will be a breeeeeeze! We've already done those otherwise, would be glad to join u. Hope you find them ALL this time!! :D

Hi there! You can do Yamash!ta's Gold first and then Tower View on the same day. After Yama, TV will be a breeeeeeze! We've already done those otherwise, would be glad to join u. Hope you find them ALL this time!! <_<

I won't try Yamash!ta's Gold by myself.........I'll guess I'll have a go at 'Tower View' and 'A walk through the woods' then.

I know where to look for Tower View, just hope there aren't as many soldiers as last time I was there..... :huh:

Hi there! You can do Yamash!ta's Gold first and then Tower View on the same day. After Yama, TV will be a breeeeeeze! We've already done those otherwise, would be glad to join u. Hope you find them ALL this time!! <_<

I won't try Yamash!ta's Gold by myself.........I'll guess I'll have a go at 'Tower View' and 'A walk through the woods' then.

I know where to look for Tower View, just hope there aren't as many soldiers as last time I was there..... :lol:

may you have better luck this time around yah? :lol:

Singapore geocachers:

PATHSEEKER WEDS NATIONS!!

DATE: 5/27/2006

TIME : 9.45am

Venue : Church of Saints Peter & Paul

Add : Follow your GPSr to N 01° 17.835 E 103° 51.107

We've geo-cached 4 1 year, 2 months & 12 days!

In this time, we've got rain-soaked muddied mosquito plagued bruised & lost !.. with tempers flared dances invented & GREAT new friends made!

That is why, it is with much pride that we invite fellow geo-cachers to the WEDDING of THE YEAR!

We'd love to see geo-cachers old & new...

COME share this beautiful union of ours!

(unfortunately this could not be published in it's current form as a geocaching event cache, but please help me spread the word among Singapore's geocachers!

erik - volunteer reviewer of Singapore caches.

Hi Cheng,

I am in California - lived in Sumatra. Working to integrate GPS/Geocaching into middle school lessons. Am thinking about using waypoints to put together routs that are of historical significance - i.e. the Silk Road - for trade. Perhaps the spread of religions - Buddism, Islam, Hindu etc.

What do you think?

Lauri :rolleyes:

infact i think that is a good idea.. but the routes you mentioned seems too far in terms of distance..

we have a couple of cache in SG which also involved some of the histroical sites and indeed had a great time visiting them (as a multi cacahe eg. life of a mirgate)

Do you all Sg cachers or Cachers around the world feel one should or should not claim a point is the cache is not there. What if some evident that the cache was there, example a velcro? What if you found the correct spot but no cache?

Your view please.

:anitongue:

Personally I wouldn't log it as a find, since I didn't physically find the cache. Maybe I'd just email the owner regarding what I've found at GZ and ask his/her opinion if I can clock it as a find.

My 2 cents' worth. :rolleyes:

Hi everyone...

fkuan here. Most of you don't know me except benruth. He was the one who introduced GC to me back in June05. I've been in Alabama, US since July05 and will be coming home in Oct06.

In any case, I'm looking forward to cache in the heart of my homeland!

btw... I've been reading the forums and it seemed that everyone's interested in getting a Singapore Geocoin design. I'm not sure if anyone tried looking for a supplier in Singapore to do this. If not, for the remaining 2mths I've still got in the States... I can try ask around to see what is the lead time for one to be designed and delivered. www.geocoinstore.com is the only place I know of that does GC. But coins are really hot here... so I'm sure there's other resources.

With regards to TBs... I've bought 8TB and 15 "magneto" for personal use. Am going to get more bison tubes. For those who don't know... magneto is one of those really small round black magnet container. So... if anyone wants to get any supplies... I'll be more than happy to help buy some. :(

on another note... spasushi was talking about whether to log DNF or find if the cache container is missing and you can still find the "remnence". Per practices here in US... you log a DNF. In fact... there's a fellow cacher I knew here who's "evil" enough to have placed a "decoy" cache. Which reminds me that I should tackle that cache the next time I make my 2hr drive out there to do my asian groceries and cache run.

In any case, I hope there'll be an event to look forward to back home in the near future so that I can meet everyone.

Hello people,

Posting this note to ask if anyone would like to take over Cessna the Eagle TB that I've been shepherding?

Feel guilty that I hadn't much time to go geocaching. The caches I've been to simply aren't big enough to hold the TB. Hope the next geocacher will have better luck in fulfilling this quest. :laughing:

Hey all. Ever since coming to Singapore, I've been proud to live in the top caching country in SE Asia. I was scanning other countries last week and saw that Thailand is closing the gap fast. They have 103 active caches, most of which have come online just this yeat At the same time, it seems like the scene in Singapore is slowing down. Nations has a good excuse. Ed and Horney Toad left. What's up with everyone else???? Spa Susi and I want new caches to find. I hear the Janes are pacing themselves so they don't run out the last few caches too soon. I bet Jughead09 is looking for more excuses to skip school :D

How about we celebrate the recent national day by making sure Singapore stays the top caching country in the region? Here's a challenge to everyone. Let's get to 200 active caches by the end of September and let's all try to bring one new cacher into the game. What do you think? Can we do it? Spa Susi and I have an awesome multi-puzzle cache planned. We're also going to go back to our roots with some "simple" jungle bashing hides. How about the rest of you? Can?????

How about we celebrate the recent national day by making sure Singapore stays the top caching country in the region? Here's a challenge to everyone. Let's get to 200 active caches by the end of September and let's all try to bring one new cacher into the game. What do you think? Can we do it? Spa Susi and I have an awesome multi-puzzle cache planned. We're also going to go back to our roots with some "simple" jungle bashing hides. How about the rest of you? Can?????

Agreed! I'm going to plant one (finally) this Saturday. Hope it'll be out by Sunday! :D

Oh i am so confuse , Javamama. First we have cachers loging finds even if the cache is not there and now we have cachers loging, Find on their own Caches. How ? Since we got no more cache to find (in Singapore) can we do that too, go find our own and collect A Point??This game now Sooo funnieee. :wub::laughing::rolleyes::wub::ph34r::huh:

This is just wrong. Finding your own cache. I've discussed this issue with some of local cachers here in Alabama and they totally agree. I'm not sure how big the caching community is back home... but I believe it doesn't matter so long as we have around 5-10 serious cachers. In the entire state of Alabama, there are 2 major groups of cachers. Each in a city. Each group consist of around 10-20 ppl. Most of whom have an average of 15-20 hids. Ultimately the idea is to add fun and theme to the caches. There's even a "Alabama Autobahn" cache series, which has multiple hides.... but each one holds part of the coordinates to a find "bonus" cache. Perhapes we can try something like a MRT series or something... considering the fact that not everyone has a car. <there... Seemed like that's going to be a series I'll start for everyone once I come back>.

To get more cachers on board... we need to add fun. Create more events... to explain the game and build the community. Here they are starting to have an event every mth... if not every other. That way we can discuss cache placement and put some addiction back in the game.

In any case, you guys can be sure that I'll be putting some out when I come back!

This is just wrong. Finding your own cache. I've discussed this issue with some of local cachers here in Alabama and they totally agree.

heh heh... New cacher lah.. pan jan, ok? :blink: most people will not bother to read ALL rules and will probably just start geocaching (if they start at all!!!).

All things aside, new geocachers please read this very helpful FORUM page :

Click here for the Forum

..within which, you can find the question "Can I log a find on my own cache when I go back to visit?"

Knowledge comes with experience I guess.

Chill !

In any case, you guys can be sure that I'll be putting some out when I come back!

Holding you to your word ah... :blink:

Edited by IndianaJanes

Holding you to your word ah... :laughing:

No Prob! Just be sure you're willing to go Woodland first cos that's where I'll prob start? Hmmm... hey whata am I talking about here. You guys can go all the way to Changi to cache. What's Woodland! :)

btw... anyone going to Australia any time soon? I'll be bringing a bug back that's got a mission to go Australia. I'll got a few more TBs and Geocoins to bring back... so either I drop it off in a cache or perhapes even an event?

Hello Singapore cachers! EVERYONE needs to purchase one of the Singapore Geocoins at www.hogwildstuff.org.

After receiving an email from PathSeeker that there was a Singapore Geocoin, surfed over to www.hogwildstuff.org and sure enough there it was. I purchased one of each color, gold, black and silver. Goal of the coins will be to get one to travel to Singapore for PathSeeker to collect for his personal collection, one for matwood my friend who introduced me to geocaching, and one for HToad for sharing the adventure while we were in Singapore at the same time. Thanks PathSeeker for making this happen! Ed- :laughing:

G'day

I am looking for a Singapore based cacher to assist in releasing a geocoin for me in Singapore. Details in http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=141358.

If you could assist please let me know and please consider joining the World Release Register. See above link.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I know some ppl who are into geocoin and will ask them to write to you.

Cheers

spa susi