Big Bear, Ca Trackable Geocoin

Tandemaniacs

ATTENTION ATTENTION!

That's it! We are sold out! We sold 200 coins in almost 4 hours! Thank you so much for all your responses. You will be getting an e-mail from me soon if I got your order. I will send you your total amount. If you do not get an e-mail from me, I am sorry I can't get back to you. I had no idea how popular this would be. I am just one person with 200 sold coins. I have a lot of work ahead of me yet.

For those who ordered, www.coinsandpins.com said I should have the coins in my hand by Nov. 1st and I will be sending them off to you.

Thanks also to those who purchased from Germany, Netherlands, Finland and Canada as well as the GOOD OLE USA!

-Ronney

(Tandemaniacs)

ATTENTION ATTENTION!

That's it! We are sold out! We sold 200 coins in almost 4 hours! Thank you so much for all your responses. You will be getting an e-mail from me soon if I got your order. I will send you your total amount. If you do not get an e-mail from me, I am sorry I can't get back to you. I had no idea how popular this would be. I am just one person with 200 sold coins. I have a lot of work ahead of me yet.

For those who ordered, www.coinsandpins.com said I should have the coins in my hand by Nov. 1st and I will be sending them off to you.

Thanks also to those who purchased from Germany, Netherlands, Finland and Canada as well as the GOOD OLE USA!

-Ronney

(Tandemaniacs)

Is there any chance of you putting a list together of who made it and who didn't? I know you said you where going to e-mail those who got in, but can't always trust cyber space.

ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, can you just tell me if I made it :rolleyes::ph34r: ?

Is everyone an pencil pusher/desk jockey?on the PC all day waiting for coins. :(

Just kidding :rolleyes:

So i missed it, but is this your personal coin/ personal city coin?

whats the "Geocacher ### "? or is that there the GC.com tracking number is going to go..

otherwise Good job :ph34r:

Edited by xfalcon1
QUOTE (junglehair @ Oct 11 2005, 11:01 AM)

Still didn't answer the question about if this coin will have the PC prefix?

Now that you have sold them all, will you answer this question?

Although I can't answer for them on this coin, we are just finishing up our San Diego area coin that will be trackable. The information we received was that since it is a regional coin, it does not fall into the "PC" prefix category. Therefore, our number will start with "SD." (Sorry South Dakota) and our icon will be our surfer on the coin.

Following this example, I would guess that the Big Bear coins will start with "BB."

(But don't quote me on that, I've already been lit up for misquoting once today!) :rolleyes:

Thank you all again for your responses.

To answer someone's question: The coin will be listed as a personal coin.

Other question was why does the coin say "geocachers ###"? The ### is the place holder for the tracking numbers.

I had no idea it would be this popular. If I had known I would have done 500 coins and paid the extra money for the COOL icon! Next October, Big Bear will have it's 2nd annual "Big Bear Cache Bash". I will redesign the coin for 2006 and have 500 minted and get a cool icon!

Thank you again for making my 1st venture into design and sale of a coin an huge success!

Ronney

M&M Hunter Posted: Oct 11 2005, 09:49 AM 

Great Coin!

Email sent for 2 coins

Anyone have one for trade? I emailed for coins when there was over 70 left, but my email was conveniently not received until after they were sold out.

BTW: All directions were followed. Went to the web site, sent email, coins were not sold out (note time of post), and was not allowed to purchase any coins.

Edited by M&M Hunter

PLEASE, PLEASE STOP!!!!

Please stop the harassing e-mails. I took the orders in the order that they came in my e-mail. If you thought you ordered them through this forum, you didn't order my coin and I'm sorry. You needed to click on the link to my website ( 1st note in this forum) and then send me an e-mail with the amount of coins you wanted. They are all gone. I only got ONE COIN! I forgot to order for myself.

As for all you working stiffs... I'm sorry I didn't have more coins to offer you when you got home from work. Maybe I should design a working stiff geocoin.

Please, try to be a good sport. I'm sure someone will sell theirs either here or on, G-d for bid, E-bay.

-Ronney

(Tandemaniacs)

Anyone have one for trade? I emailed for coins when there was over 70 left, but my email was conveniently not received until after they were sold out.

That's lag for you. The time between the last update, your email, the coin maker checking their email, sorting out who's got what, and providing a new update.

When KTAG came out I ordered when there were some left but didn't even make the waiting list. That's just the breaks. For what it's worth, I didn't get any of these either.

Edited by Renegade Knight
M&M Hunter Posted: Oct 11 2005, 09:49 AM 

Great Coin!

Email sent for 2 coins

BTW: All directions were followed. Went to the web site, sent email, coins were not sold out (note time of post), and was not allowed to purchase any coins.

Same thing happened to me! I was one of the first to email!

Anyway, does someone have one to trade since my order for 1 when the post started was not "recieved"?

Edited by ladycacher

That's lag for you. The time between the last update, your email, the coin maker checking their email, sorting out who's got what, and providing a new update.

When KTAG came out I ordered when there were some left but didn't even make the waiting list. That's just the breaks. For what it's worth, I didn't get any of these either.

All you have to do is take each email in order. How hard is that? You are able to tell what time the person emailed. FOr the people who ordered last, send them a email stating it has been sold out.

Edited by ladycacher

I think I have written to all of you now. Those who got coins, got an invoice. Those who didn't got an apology letter. I am only one person with 200 coins. I didn't know that 600 of you would want a coin from a small town like Big Bear. I DID take the orders in the order I recieved them. I am an anal retentive neat freak! Yesterday I was busy making a spread sheet as the orders were rolling in and I put them all in order of when they came in. When it hit 200 coins, I stopped and sent out apology letters. If I didn't get your e-mail or you posted your request on the forum instead of my e-mail thru the website, I'm sorry. I will try better next time on my next coin. And I'll set up with PayPal too!

-Ronney

Anyway, does someone have one to trade since my order for 1 when the post started was not "recieved"?

Same thing happened here. I was on the web sight when this coin offer posted. I sent two emails and posted a note (the sixth person to do so) on the forums. there are people after me and before the message saying "70 coins left" that got thier coins.

Can't figure out what happened...

I went back and checked my email (it saves sent messages) It says that the email was sent at 12:48 pm. When they replied saying they were sold out, my message said it was recieved at 6:32pm. For whatever reason it looks like some of our emails got lost on the way and took longer to get there. :mad:

... For whatever reason it looks like some of our emails got lost on the way and took longer to get there. :mad:

That's the internet. I've had emails never show up, and some took a week while one sent 30 seconds later made it in the usual 5 seconds.

There has been an internet war of sorts between rival companies that has impacted things we take for granted on the net.

Every time you send an email or click a URL link it is possible that a different route will be taken. You are at the mercy of the servers that you are routed through. In today’s world with all the firewalls and spam filters and whatever else they may have running you could have the potential to be held up for seconds, hours or even days.

Same thing happened here. I was on the web sight when this coin offer posted. I sent two emails and posted a note (the sixth person to do so) on the forums. there are people after me and before the message saying "70 coins left" that got thier coins.

Same thing happened to me and they tell me they never got my email. :unsure:

So I got a big fat 0 for coins.

I'm on the list for two of this coins, but I got a problem.

Since I live in the netherlands I can't pay by personal check, money order or cashier's check. I can however pay by paypal, but the seller can't accept paypal yet.

I'm looking for someone in the USA that can help me out with this, I can send paypal payments, so I am searching for someone that can accept that, and then send a personal check, money order or cashier's check to the coin maker (Tandemaniacs).

I'm on the list for two of this coins, but I got a problem.

Since I live in the netherlands I can't pay by personal check, money order or cashier's check. I can however pay by paypal, but the seller can't accept paypal yet.

I'm looking for someone in the USA that can help me out with this, I can send paypal payments, so I am searching for someone that can accept that, and then send a personal check, money order or cashier's check to the coin maker (Tandemaniacs).

You need to e-mail me.

I would rather send via paypal too. I would be interested in paying the additional fees then going to the post office. Its easy to start a account.  But If i dont hear otherwise, I'll get a postal order in mail tomarrow.

Smokey

I offered PayPal payment for those buyers out of the country that couldn't otherwise send a payment via check. They pay me via PayPal, and I'm sending the seller a check (in US funds) on their behalf. Join the club and just send Ronney a check like everybody else. :)

Edited by ShowStop

Thank you all for working with one another. It's nice to see that the bickering stopped and everyone is helping one another. Thanks you ShowStop for helping our foreign friends obtain my coin.

I am in the middle of designing another coin. I will be producing 2000 coins and I will ultimately sell the coin outright to one buyer who will sell it and ship it for me AND take PayPal. The next coin I hope will be even more exciting!

-Ronney