Big Bear, Ca Trackable Geocoin

Tandemaniacs

... For those who ordered, www.coinsandpins.com said I should have the coins in my hand by Nov. 1st and I will be sending them off to you... 

-Ronney

(Tandemaniacs)

I guess I'll be the first to inquire if there is any info on the status of these coins.

Thanks!

--Marc

November 1, 2005 @ 12:57 PM

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'

I have called coins and pins for the past 2 days and they have not yet gotten back to me. The last thing they told me was that they would send the coins out on Nov. 4th. I already have everyone's envelope addressed and waiting for the coins to go into them. Now all we need are the coins! Thanks for writing and asking Marc!

The date was pushed back because Groundspeak didn't want me using "their" colors and coins and pins were arguing that they didn't have the market on those specific colors. We almost had to switch the colors aroung from yellow in the green section and green in the yellow, but that wouldn't be Gcaching, would it? I pushed to keep the colors and that set the date for coin release back a few days.

-Ronney

I have called coins and pins for the past 2 days and they have not yet gotten back to me. The last thing they told me was that they would send the coins out on Nov. 4th. I already have everyone's envelope addressed and waiting for the coins to go into them. Now all we need are the coins! Thanks for writing and asking Marc!

The date was pushed back because Groundspeak didn't want me using "their" colors and coins and pins were arguing that they didn't have the market on those specific colors. We almost had to switch the colors aroung from yellow in the green section and green in the yellow, but that wouldn't be Gcaching, would it? I pushed to keep the colors and that set the date for coin release back a few days.

-Ronney

Tess and Aron are out of town right now. You should here from them soon.

-Ronney

Make sure your envelopes and packing are up to snuff. I had some trouble with torn envelopes if the coins are able to move around at all inside, even though I used good mailers (as you recall).

I am sometimes amazed at the flimsy envelopes that have arrived in my mailbox with loose coins inside - Not that you'd do that, but just mentioning how much centrifugal force must be in store for mailed packages in our USPS was my purpose.

--Marc

November 1, 2005 @ 5:12 PM

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'