Pocket Queries Not Being Sent?

WebbWalkers

I went to modify a couple of queries this morning and they don’t seem to be being emailed to me, however they’re showing up as generated. Normally once their shown as generated I receive them right away. I have tested my mail server and everything is coming right through. Is anyone else having a problem?

Thanks

Is there anything new in this?

I ran 4 PQ to run around 8 P.M. eastern last night. (Before I was aware of the server problem) I have also run two more in the last hour.

As of now (9:00 A.M. eastern) I have not received any emails from any of them.

Yes all of the PQ did generate.

Thanks

Jim

kc8bdr

Yep - sumpthin's clogged...

I got 4 PQ's generated over 14 hrs ago, and NOTHIN' in my inbox. It ain't on my end, either - I checked 'er out real good.

Hey Jeremy - get out yer plunger, or dump some Ex-lax into that computer, would ya?

Much obliged if GC could take a second look and git back to us...

I don't know if there is an increase in the scheduled PQs because of the e-mail server failure yesterday, but the PQs I scheduled to run today aren't running. Did you turn off the PQ engine until the e-mail server is fixed?

--Marky

At 6:18 AM PDT I asked for a PQ to run that had previously run on Sunday. It ran within 5 minutes. (Now the e-mail hasn't arrived, but it did run.)

ran 3 yesterday and none in my inbox yet. send an email to those nice people at Groundspeak who said that it may be my isp (despite the fact that I have used 3 different ISP's with different email accounts)

Glad I did a search as I was begining to thing that it was all my systems that had gone down the swanny......

Edited by Big Wolf
Clearly the thing is goosed so why is there not an announcement in a hightly visible place on the web site giving some idea when normal serviec will be resumed.

Glad I did a search as I was begining to thing that it was all my systems that had gone down the swanny......

You mean kinda like a sticky at the very top of the Geocaching.com Announcements Forum. :mad:

Yes! Finally got my PQ's from yesterday.

ahhhhhh... that feeling of relief!

Thanks to whoever and whatever, but I agree with Big Wolf and Teamhawaii1981 that when something like this goes down, it sure would be nice to have a highly visible notification somewhere on the website telling us that sumpthin's busted. It might save a whole lot of folks running around yelling like the sky is falling; might even stop a suicide or two.

Yes! Finally got my PQ's from yesterday.

ahhhhhh... that feeling of relief!

Thanks to whoever and whatever, but I agree with Big Wolf and Teamhawaii1981 that when something like this goes down, it sure would be nice to have a highly visible notification somewhere on the website telling us that sumpthin's busted. It might save a whole lot of folks running around yelling like the sky is falling; might even stop a suicide or two.

I was pointing another cacher TO the already posted thread about email being down (see winky). I thought that was the warning everyone was looking for, I found it alright.

DOH!!

Thanks, Teamhawaii1981 -

I don't never use these Forums much, and I'm kinda ignorant 'bout 'em. Next time I'll know where to look, but I'll probably forget...

Hey, this reminds me of how when I can't find a cache, and my buddies keep nudgin' me and sayin: "errr.. did ya check inside that holler log, Genius?"

DOH!!

Thanks, Teamhawaii1981 -

I don't never use these Forums much, and I'm kinda ignorant 'bout 'em. Next time I'll know where to look, but I'll probably forget...

Hey, this reminds me of how when I can't find a cache, and my buddies keep nudgin' me and sayin: "errr.. did ya check inside that holler log, Genius?"

Holler Log? Does the log actually yell at you? That would make this much easier: "Hey, you, the cache is over here!" :mad:

It was my mistake that PQs didn't get delivered yesterday. When I switched over to the backup mail server, I didn't double-check that all the servers were configured to use it. Sure enough, the PQ server wasn't. :unsure:

All yesterday's PQs were queued on the PQ server, and I updated the configuration of the server this morning to use the backup mail server. By now, almost all of them have been delivered.

Please accept my apologies for this oversight.

:ph34r: Elias

I've tried to run three over the last couple of days. But didn't think to check and see if it was a GC issue. Silly me.

Since I haven't actually generated a PQ in about a month for caching... it would be REALLY nice to have coordinates and pages w/o having to be, like, sooooooo 2003.

:ph34r:

Time to go paperless kiddo! :P

Btw... Stale data or not, this looks like a good time to point out to TPTB why maintaining an off-line database such as GSAK is a good thing. No worries on not having the appropriate data on hand for when a hunt becomes available. Now if we could just get the archived caches included in the PQ's when they do run, it would be so much better. :unsure:

Btw... Stale data or not, this looks like a good time to point out to TPTB why maintaining an off-line database such as GSAK is a good thing. No worries on not having the appropriate data on hand for when a hunt becomes available.

I'm not sure how that makes any sense. Sorry. Stale data is stale data.

Btw... Stale data or not, this looks like a good time to point out to TPTB why maintaining an off-line database such as GSAK is a good thing. No worries on not having the appropriate data on hand for when a hunt becomes available.

I'm not sure how that makes any sense. Sorry. Stale data is stale data.

It depends on how stale it is. Mine is never over a week old. It sure beats the stale data printed on dead trees.

I've eaten leftovers that are older than that :unsure:

Edited by Right Wing Wacko