Another Armchair Cache Query

I had a go at the Anglamarken cache last year, but couldn't work out how to upload the final screen to prove I'd solved it. I was advised then to take a photo with a digital camera and upload that as proof. At that time I didn't have a digital camera so I just left it. Now I have one and all this recent talk of armchair caches brought this cache back to mind. Just had a look at the cache page again, but now I can't see how to access the simulator!!! I'm sure the cache page looked different last year and there was a huge link which brought up the simulator, but now I'm baffled as to what I do to. Am I missing something obvious? How do I get to play with the simulator?!!

Even easier is alt-print screen (hold both keys down at the same time). This will put the screenshot on the clipboard, from where you can paste it into any app you want. If you use MSWord, you can crop and resize to your heart's content!

Yes I'm aware of the Windows function But MWSnap allows you to grab exactly what you want and not get boarders of windows etc.

Milton (aka Moote)

I can't find a link to this Anglamarken. I did a search in the Find a cache section of the geocaching website - not found. Any help appreciated!

The Hancock Clan have just found it, so click on their forum name to go to their profile and then click on User Stats and then click on their finds, and it's there.

I can't find a link to this Anglamarken.  I did a search in the Find a cache section of the geocaching website - not found.  Any help appreciated!

Posted above by Mancunian Pyrocacher

Milton (aka Moote)

Ooops Sorry Geoff, see what you meant after reading Stuey post

Thanks everybody for all the help and advice. I have just made a quick visit to Sweden and I'm back home now to log it! I did just take a photo in the end - the alt/print screen technique was suggested to me last year but I can't get it to work on my computer. The other method sounds good but I am rubbish at techie stuff - I didn't know what a USB cable was until yesterday!

Thanks again everyone!

Oh dear, ethical dilemma... just yesterday, I was saying that it seems like cheating to log finds if you haven't actually got up off your backside and physically looked for a cache. But some of those on the 'armchair caching' list look really interesting...

same here, but i was referring mainly to TBs and coins. If the cache requires some intellectual input (does being able to turn the PC on count?) then I don't see it as cheating! the anglamarken is quite an easy one though... I'm still humming and hawing!

Dave

Just had a look at the cache page again, but now I can't see how to access the simulator!!! I'm sure the cache page looked different last year and there was a huge link which brought up the simulator, but now I'm baffled as to what I do to. Am I missing something obvious? How do I get to play with the simulator?!!

I done this cache last year, and had no problems logging onto the simulator, but now checking the cache page, I don't have a clue on how to find the simulator. there certainly doesn't appear to be a link on the page now. :unsure:

For people that like doing armchair caches, which I appreciate isn't everyone, you can find a bookmark list here.

If you have any difficulties with armchair caches, please don't ask for the answer on here, it isn't right, you wouldn't post the final co-ords to a multi on here, so don't post the answers to armchair caches either. That was just a polite request before it happens again. :unsure::(

Oh dear, ethical dilemma... just yesterday, I was saying that it seems like cheating to log finds if you haven't actually got up off your backside and physically looked for a cache. But some of those on the 'armchair caching' list look really interesting...

same here, but i was referring mainly to TBs and coins. If the cache requires some intellectual input (does being able to turn the PC on count?) then I don't see it as cheating! the anglamarken is quite an easy one though... I'm still humming and hawing!

Dave

I have been tempted a few times, But as of yet I have not ...........Must be strong......... logged it :unsure: :unsure: