Jeep Contest Photos September 05

Jerseytrex

SO what exactly, do most people not get about, "No Photoshoped entries allowed."????

Some of them are really cool looking but they are not allowed considering the rules.

Also, thanks for the woderful cropping job Jeep!!!

Anyone who wants to check it out it's called "Old Glory"

I am not whining for votes here, I just believe they could fix things a little bit.

Personally I lik ethe one with the Jeep resting on the dog's head in front of the American Flag. It's a perfect high resolution, and color toned photo with a little humor in it.

Sorry I am at work so I dont have time to include links.

Got to go....

Mike

Jereseytrex

We're one of the dummies that didn't read the rules closely. We photoshopped our July picture and entered it and then about two days later I ran across the rule. So it was alot of wasted time and now, no chance to win. Oh, well it is a good picture and we had fun. But anyway maybe some other folks didn't read the rules too closely either.

We're one of the dummies that didn't read the rules closely. We photoshopped our July picture and entered it and then about two days later I ran across the rule. So it was alot of wasted time and now, no chance to win. Oh, well it is a good picture and we had fun. But anyway maybe some other folks didn't read the rules too closely either.

Well I don't mean to make it sound like I am really pissed off about it.

Actually, I wish we could mess around with them.

There are some great altered photos along with some imaginative props.

These are my picks:

I'm a Yankee Doodle Doggie

The Next Generation of GeocachingCactus WranglingJeep FlagshipSparklers on the BeachOld Glory

Since there are already enough white jeep topics I thought that I would just use an older one instead of making a new one.

The August voting has begun and here is our submission. I would appreciate any votes that y'all might be willing to send our way.

I was trying to go for humor in my picture (bears as geocachers) and hope that it comes across that way.

Thanks

August entry

We had a lot of fun making our August photo Tarin's Scrapbook Memories. The pictures in the album were all taken while on geocaching trips around our beautiful state of Wyoming. You can click on the image to see it in a better size and more detail.

The left hand page has pictures of the jeep amonsgt dew drop covered ivy, under a makeshift tent, and in front of a sunset over Laramie Peak. We also found a nice overlay for this page that even is titled "The Great Outdoors" at the top. The right hand page shows the jeep fishing on a rock at the edge of a pond, cresting a boulder on the way to a cache (big green bucket in the background), in front of a rainbow after an afternoon mountain thunderstorm, and rolling up from a field into a rockscape. There were too many pictures to choose from from our adventures so we did for Tarin what we usually do with our trip photographs anyway - scrapbooked them.

Of course, we are going to permanently keep this layout to remind us of how much fun we had geocaching this summer - even though it is showing Tarin's adventures with us! We even have Tarin decorated with scrapbooking cutouts of camping gear as he admires the photos. If you look closely, he even has some marshmallows on a stick to toast!

Any votes for the photo would be appreciated as we are hoping to win a GPSr for our friends in New Orleans that started caching with us during our vacation there last year and havent been able to go since due to a lack of a GPSr.

LET PEOPLE VOTE HOW THEY WANT TO VOTE. YOU DON'T NEED TO BEG FOR VOTES ON THE FORUM. LETS KEEP IT FAIR FOR ALL WHO ENTERED.

Dang W360, what's with the hostilities? No need to be on the offense, IMHO. Let's keep it friendly, a'ight? :huh:

<_<

BTW, VOTE FOR MY ENTRY!!! It has my dog Jill in it!!! She wouldn't sit still!!!

Some good photos already! I like Jagman714's Up a Creek.

Here's my Jeep photo for "Traction," but it fits along with the Water Fording and Ground Clearance goals as well.

My entry for "Traction"

I'd really like to win a new GPS. I bought ours for my husband and now he complains how much I use it! He's been hogging it when we're out caching together so I need my own now!

There are lots of great photos entered in the jeep contest. I had a lot of fun trying to get a white jeep and was ever so happy when we found one. From what I understand, 25% of your "score" is with the voting. It was hard trying to come up with an idea for the photo but I think we did pretty good. Please take a look and see what you think? I hope you can vote for me. I also am curious what other photos people like. It's hard to judge others when you enter your own.

Mine is No. 25 in the list and labeled "Escape Your World" .

This should be the link to it:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/log.aspx?l...39-0161f2572e33

Happy Geocaching! ;)

Team Dupiedoo.

I'm going to try to get the photo here, hope it works. I did not realize there were so many posts on the contest until this morning. It's hard not to beg for votes I guess. How do you put the personal icons on the left? Some of those are really good. They should have a contest for them.

0057c41d-143e-4bd9-ad39-0161f2572e33.jpg

"Escape Your World"

http://www.geocaching.com/track/log.aspx?l...39-0161f2572e33

Edited by Dupiedoo
Shameless plug for my photo for the October contest. Knowing my affinity for Breast Cancer Awareness, geocaching AND my longing for a Jeep of my own, I took advantage of my annual "visit" to the radiologist. Please consider voting for mine, if only for the "courage" I had to post my mammo... :)

Thanks.

Do note, the Jeep is also my namesake....

Bling for Boobs...

Those are yours? :rolleyes::ph34r::(:(

I wouldn't say that mine was the best but top three for sure. :(

Actually since mine doesn't count here are three/four that I thought were pretty nice.

Submission

Submission

Tied with the next one for one I liked

Other tied picture just becuase I love snow

There are others that I liked the picture but couldn't see how they really fit the criteria.

And of course, here is mine just becuase I like it. September Picture

I just love the fish looking through the windshield.

Remember, the criteria is 25 points for creativity, 25 points for humor, 25 points for I't relation to the geocaching experience and 25 Points for voting.

I don't know how closely they follow their own rules. I mean I've seen photos win that have NOTHING to do with the geocaching experience, lol.

Edited by AtlantaGal

Congratulations to the winners and runnerups for the September contest -- some of the photos on this thread are in those categories! (I won't say which ones because I don't want to be the one to ruin the surprise if they haven't found out yet.) Anyway the winner's gallery is finally up, and it already includes the September winners.

Someone on this thread is going to be getting a new GPS soon! :D

Nice to see the winners from the other months.

I'm surprised to see that my favorite photo for july didn't even win a tshirt tho (it was the one with the US flag molded in the shape of the US with the jeep sitting on it). Weird. Also, I thought the rules state no pets in the photos, yet a pic with a pet won.

I told ya they didn't follow their own rules, lol!

Congrats to the GPS winner and tshirt winner in this thread for this month.

Edited by AtlantaGal
Nice to see the winners from the other months.

I'm surprised to see that my favorite photo for july didn't even win a tshirt tho (it was the one with the US flag molded in the shape of the US with the jeep sitting on it). Weird.  Also, I thought the rules state no pets in the photos, yet a pic with a pet won.

I told ya they didn't follow their own rules, lol!

Congrats to the GPS winner and tshirt winner in this thread for this month.

First let me say "Yippppeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" with regard to my own win and, no, I have not received a GPS yet.

Where did you see something about "no pets"? I hope that's not a rule. I like my picture and it would be nice to win the Jeep, but the picture of the Jeep on the pup's head is really, really cute. I like how sharp it is, I like the details (flag in back, scarf on the dog's neck) and I love the expression on the dog's face.

If I were judging this contest (opinion subject to change pending the October winners) I'd be tempted to select the dog with Jeep photo as my grand champion. But if any judges disagree with me and feel like voting for an alligator eating a Jeep, that's o.k. with me too. I mean, the judges have already proven themselves to be brilliant so who am I to argue with them?

If you get tired of seeing this entry VOTE :blink:

I am going to have to come up with another reason to visit this forum now that the contest is over. I guess it is time I motivate my kids to launch a few new TBs to track.

Nothing wrong with a bit of combining parts... :ph34r:

7b4e2b12-a728-4207-af8c-a8a5306d0431.jpg

Final chance to be part of the great Jeep travel bug contest...

http://www.geocaching.com/track/log.aspx?L...0f-bfe55c89f3ca

Thank you!