Rattlesnake Ridge Cache Machine

Cruiser Guy

Decided I would start a new thread for this one so people would see it. it is a carryover from the Mt Si cache machine thread.

Here was my last post in that thread.

So I was just starting the planning for next weekends Hike along rattlesnake ridge. Here's what I was thinking so far.

Meet at 9am at the Rattlesnake lake trailhead (off exit 32 go south) from there we leave some vehicles and head back to the starting point.

here are the caches along the way:

Goodfellow

Easter cache

H2O Tower #3

stumped at the Winery

Snoqualmie Point

the sound os music

the BIG Kahauna #2

Velcro

Rattlesnake rest stop

owen creek cache

RMT prospect peak

rattlesnake mountain - east peak

rattlesnake mountain - log jam landing

rattlesnake ridge

snakes that rattle 2

snake bite

rattlesnake cache

cedar falls

and a few more are located at the rattlesnake lake end of the hike. This is the long list and a few of these may need to be removed for us to make the hike a little more streamlined.

I'd love to go on this perhaps-last-of-the-season hike next weekend. I'm not nearly as sore as I anticipated from the Mt. Si hike (note to self: let's see what tomorrow morning has to say about that!), although that's probably due to my slow-and-steady-wins-the-race pace. Perhaps we can have a "fast track" group and my "slower track" group for the hike next week. :rolleyes:

Would we consider meeting a little earlier with all of those caches to be found?

we are still on for Sunday morning and I think we may have Plaid guy and prying pandora on board as well as some others. I'm sure we are going to have a great time. Anybody else who wants to go let us know so we don't leave without you.

Yep, we are a go at 8:30 Sunday morning! But CG, can you define the meeting location? Is it the main parking area for Rattlesnake Lake, or somewhere else? I know we'll need to do a car shuttle to the other end before starting since it's a thru-hike - what are the start and end points, exactly?

Here's the list so far:

Cruiser Guy

hydnsek

grossi

LittleBlue

LandRover

Prying Pandora & Plaid Guy

Who else?

Oops! I thought it was going to be on Saturday, but unfortunately I have to work on Sundays. :P Plaidguy may yet decide to go.

:P When you said you had to be back early to sing in church choir I figured you surely thought it was Sunday. Tell Phil he has to cache without you, we haven't seen him much lately and he needs to close the gap a bit. :P

Yep, I'm in. It's either that or mow the lawn and rake some leaves. But I figure if I do that by next weekend no one will be able to tell anyway. Of course, I'd probably be a lot less tired if I just stuck to mowing and raking, but what the heck. No Prying Pandora, though - she has to work.

Yep, I'm in. It's either that or mow the lawn and rake some leaves. But I figure if I do that by next weekend no one will be able to tell anyway. Of course, I'd probably be a lot less tired if I just stuck to mowing and raking, but what the heck. No Prying Pandora, though - she has to work.

Phil,

Do you want to meet up somewhere along Hwy 18 and ride up together?

Phil,

Do you want to meet up somewhere along Hwy 18 and ride up together?

Sure, we can carpool. You wanna drive? I'll pony up for gas, too. Why don't we meet at Shhh! ? What time? Would 7:45 give us enough time?

Sounds good.

I'll drive, see you at 0745, that should leave us plenty of time to get there.

Ok, looks like we're looking for the following folks in the Rattlesnake Lake parking area tomorrow at 8:30:

Cruiser Guy

hydnsek

LittleBlue

LandRover

Plaid Guy

alciato

LittleBlue, I'm sure you can find it with a (gasp) map. Or with one of the caches that are, well, right there - like Cedar Falls. ;)

Sorry I was going to post the coords but wasn't able to get there today and mark the parking lot. Head for cedar falls and you will see us parked in the first lot when you arrive at rattlesnake lake. this is the lot for the trailheadwe will be returning on.

See you all in the morning ;)

we made it off the mountain with only a few mishaps after 14.41 miles (little Blues track calc.) it was a great hike with a great group with at least one of out group hitting 18 caches on our trek. Thanks All for the great hike. I'm going to let some of the others tell the stories. <_<

And don't forget- no DNFs! Well, there was the one cache we found, and then immediately lost, but luckily it was found again... :o Maybe Plaid Guy should get to claim 2 finds on it? Saw almost no one until the second ledge before descending to Rattlesnake Lake. We had nice views on the way up, tho at the top we were in the clouds. No views there, but it was really cool the way the clouds roared across the summit and the trees grabbed the moisture and rained it back down.

What a wonderful hike- I highly recommend it! Made all the better by fun friends and good company. Tho there was a bit too much geeky talk going on at one point... <_<

I'm going to let some of the others tell the stories. <_<

Well, my legs and feet are telling me a story right now. Something about getting a mondo workout today and not wanting to cooperate when the brain issues them commands.

Had a great time today, even if those legs and feet think otherwise.

Oh yeah, miles walked- 14

caches found- 18

benchmarks found- 3

muscles I forgot I had- lots <_<

hiking wilth pals- PRICELESS

I ended up with a flashlight that I didn't start out with I think it was a "Tac Torch" LED unit. If it's yours let me know and we can figure out a way to get it back to you.