Aliens

Ya know you all think you are being funny, but think about it for minute. Doesn't it make sense that aliens would engineer the free use of GPS and use of the internet to set up something like this as a "game", or "hobby" just to see who plays it?

We are the cream of the techno crop. we are athletic enough to go out and hunt these things down and have the tecno savy to be able to use these resources.

Folks they are out there and they are looking for us specifically.

Laugh if you want, but I w ill be checking the rest of you out very carefully to see if you have been replaced by pod people, Briansat has already had another incarnation.

edited for spelling

Edited by Verga
....we are athletic enough to go out and hunt these things down and have the tecno savy to be able to use these resources....

Yeah, I used to believe that too...until I started going to events and meeting other cachers.

:)

:) BWAHHHHAAAAAAA

To funny

:P

Oh wait you were being serious

I wasnt caching, but was deep in the New Jersey pine barrens doing a job. It was late February, heavily overcast and about 15 degrees. As I was tromping through the woods I stepped into an area that felt hot. It stopped me dead in my tracks and I felt as though something was there. I stood there not knowing whether to bolt or to wait and see what happened. I stood around and looked and nothing bizarre happened. I walked forward about 20' and was back into the cold air. I tried to step back into the warm area again, but it wasnt there. I can assure it wasnt menapause, but I dont know what the heck it was.

I've never seen one, yet... But.... How do we know who's controling the satalites that tell us where to go? How do we know who really left the cache that we're looking for? Who knows how many cache's THEY have left. THEY can't track us with out GPS's, but THEY can track us with the things we take from different cache's. IF you want my advise, always wear gloves when handeling a cache, sign the log, and run. Not that I'm going to stop playing this game/sport. Whats life without some risk and excitement, but like I said, I haven't seen one, yet. But I know I will, and so will you..........................

I've never seen one, yet... But.... How do we know who's controling the satalites that tell us where to go? How do we know who really left the cache that we're looking for? Who knows how many cache's THEY have left. THEY can't track us with out GPS's, but THEY can track us with the things we take from different cache's. IF you want my advise, always wear gloves when handeling a cache, sign the log, and run. Not that I'm going to stop playing this game/sport. Whats life without some risk and excitement, but like I said, I haven't seen one, yet. But I know I will, and so will you..........................

JAMIEB520, please cease and desist from revealing our agenda and our methods. Our mission on Earth will go far better without your meddlesome revelations to your fellow humans. Loose lips can sink our starships. Therefore, please reform your behavior immediately.

JAMIEB520, please cease and desist from revealing our agenda and our methods. Our mission on Earth will go far better without your meddlesome revelations to your fellow humans. Loose lips can sink our starships. Therefore, please reform your behavior immediately.

My fellow humans? Who said I am one????

You want to see aliens?? Go to Wal-Mart (on Ordinance Road in Glen Burnie MD) on a Friday or Saturday night. It's quite un-nerving.

Edited to add -- This is not a plug for the above mentioned commercial establishment, as a matter of fact I stay away from that particular place and I recommend every one else stay away too.

Edited by Team Red Oak

You want to see aliens?? Go to Wal-Mart (on Ordinance Road in Glen Burnie MD) on a Friday or Saturday night. It's quite un-nerving.

Edited to add -- This is not a plug for the above mentioned commercial establishment, as a matter of fact I stay away from that particular place and I recommend every one else stay away too.

Is it not truly amazing the wide variety of odd human beings who come out of the woods (or the woodwork) and show up at places such as street festivals, or at Wal-Mart late on Friday nights? The only sobering thing for me about all this, as I walk around such venues looking at such people, is the realization that many of them are probably looking at me and thinking exactly the same thing, i.e., "What is that thing? Is it even human?"

:D:D

:D:D:D:D

OMG that is so true.

We've only lived in the area for 2.5 years and I'll never forget the first time I went to that particular establishment. Two of the employees were in the parking lot yelling at each other regarding the carts and who was supposed to be outside retreiving them and how it was supposed to be done. We really thought they would start throwing punches that is how heated the argument was.

I suppose it is a good thing to feel such passion about your job. :D

There is another Wal-mart closer to my house that isn't nearly as entertaining, but it is a smaller store.

Edit: I forgot to stay on topic. I think I must have been abducted by aliens once, because I have the weirdest children. :D

Edited by Team Red Oak

:D:blink::D:D

OMG that is so true.

We've only lived in the area for 2.5 years and I'll never forget the first time I went to that particular establishment. Two of the employees were in the parking lot yelling at each other regarding the carts and who was supposed to be outside retreiving them and how it was supposed to be done. We really thought they would start throwing puches that is how heated the argument was.

I suppose it is a good thing to feel such passion about your job. :D

There is another Wal-mart closer to my house that isn't nearly as entertaining, but it is a smaller store.

Edit: I forgot to stay on topic. I think I must have been abducted by alien once, because I have the weirdest children. :D

:D:D:D:D:angry::D

i have never seen an alien myself, but i lived in phoenix most of my life. you may recall many years ago the whole lights over phoenix thing. well the show you see on tv most is the several lights in the sky that look like they are going behind a mountain, well that is pretty much widely known as b.s. but the thing that got that going was the large triangle of lights that was seen heading northeast from tuscon all the way to phoenix a week earlier, you dont here about that side of it very often. unfortunatly i was inside at the time and didn't see it. but the next day at school before really anybody saw it on tv there were quite alot of people talking about it. in particular a friend of mine who was a total religous freak and non believer in other life out there, was totaly convinced after that night.

Sure, it seems easy being a space alien. You've got your x-ray vision, your latest model of space ships and media coverage galore. But, as usual with most glamour jobs, there's a lot of nitty gritty work the public doesn't get to see. The job can become routine, and even a bit tedious, as we learned when we stumbled upon this intriguing page from...

SPACE ALIEN'S LOG BOOK

8:15 AM Leave asteroid for work.

9:00 AM Hover over cornfield on outskirts of small Midwestern town.

9:30 AM Land in backyard where housewife is hanging laundry. Silence barking dog with penetrating gaze.

10:00 AM Stun housewife with laser-gun or energy pulsating finger- tips. Levitate her body just long enough to be glimpsed by a passing motorist. Materialize the body inside spaceship.

Remove internal organs; weigh, label and categorize. Return most, if not all, to the body. Erase all traces of surgery.

Rematerialize housewife in backyard. Turn back time two hours. Bid enigmatic good-bye. Leave.

1:00 PM Visit once prestigious astronomer who everyone thinks has gone mad. Deliver pep talk. Leave him fist-sized fragments of an unidentifiable element.

2:15 PM Drop by Whitley Strieber's house, pick up royalty check from best seller. Communion.

3:00 PM It's Saturday; Beam Mulder psychic impressions where to go next.

3:20 PM Hover over southwestern desert.

3:30 PM Offer psychotic drifter a lift.

4:30 PM Pose for cover of "Weekly World News" with Pres. Clinton. Discuss ozone depletion, space travel, scandal evasion, future political endorsements.

6:30 PM Back at the asteroid. Introduce psychotic drifter to other aliens. Listen to Windham Hill.

9:00 PM Dinner. Eat drifter.

10:00 PM Wash antennae, brush eyeballs, peel off outer layer of skin. Beam cryptic message to NASA satellite. Lights out.

Sure, it seems easy being a space alien. You've got your x-ray vision, your latest model of space ships and media coverage galore. But, as usual with most glamour jobs, there's a lot of nitty gritty work the public doesn't get to see. The job can become routine, and even a bit tedious, as we learned when we stumbled upon this intriguing page from...

SPACE ALIEN'S LOG BOOK

8:15 AM Leave asteroid for work.

9:00 AM Hover over cornfield on outskirts of small Midwestern town.

9:30 AM Land in backyard where housewife is hanging laundry. Silence barking dog with penetrating gaze.

10:00 AM Stun housewife with laser-gun or energy pulsating finger- tips. Levitate her body just long enough to be glimpsed by a passing motorist. Materialize the body inside spaceship.

Remove internal organs; weigh, label and categorize. Return most, if not all, to the body. Erase all traces of surgery.

Rematerialize housewife in backyard. Turn back time two hours. Bid enigmatic good-bye. Leave.

1:00 PM Visit once prestigious astronomer who everyone thinks has gone mad. Deliver pep talk. Leave him fist-sized fragments of an unidentifiable element.

2:15 PM Drop by Whitley Strieber's house, pick up royalty check from best seller. Communion.

3:00 PM It's Saturday; Beam Mulder psychic impressions where to go next.

3:20 PM Hover over southwestern desert.

3:30 PM Offer psychotic drifter a lift.

4:30 PM Pose for cover of "Weekly World News" with Pres. Clinton. Discuss ozone depletion, space travel, scandal evasion, future political endorsements.

6:30 PM Back at the asteroid. Introduce psychotic drifter to other aliens. Listen to Windham Hill.

9:00 PM Dinner. Eat drifter.

10:00 PM Wash antennae, brush eyeballs, peel off outer layer of skin. Beam cryptic message to NASA satellite. Lights out.

11:15 PM Lights on. Call Hilary Clinton for dinner next Thrusday, go to the bathroom, scratch self (twice), go bach to bed.

11:32 PM Lights out.

Edited by foundbutlost

I woke up dazed in the woods while geocaching and I noticed my GPSr odometer jumped from 150 to 30,000 miles! When I got home I noticed TFTC was written on my lower back. Explain that Agent Mulder. :drama:

You got a TFTC?? That must've been one of the more polite races of aliens. That narrows it down. If you woke up dazed, it could be that you were the target of a Bruclat (they enjoy sitting in trees and dropping various objects that should otherwise not fall from the sky). I would ask if the aliens in question were FTF...but I don't want to pry that far! :lol:

Edited by Agents Mulder & Scully

You hit it on the head! My constant overriding fear in life -- one which may eventually drive me to an early grave -- is the fear that I may be abducted by space aliens while hunting a geocache and that they might perform dire experiments upon my body! In fact, I firmly believe that one or more geocaches have been emplaced by alien shapeshifters as a way of luring innocent humans out into the backcountry wilderness or outback, where they may be easily abducted. Even worse is the possibiity that they will -- via nasal and brain implants -- turn us into "chagelings", mere hapless robots serving evil alien masters!

More seriously, this promises to be a fun thread to keep an eye on!

Just as long as they let me log the cache first! :laughing:

Ya know you all think you are being funny, but think about it for minute. Doesn't it make sense that aliens would engineer the free use of GPS and use of the internet to set up something like this as a "game", or "hobby" just to see who plays it?

We are the cream of the techno crop. we are athletic enough to go out and hunt these things down and have the tecno savy to be able to use these resources.

Folks they are out there and they are looking for us specifically.

Laugh if you want, but I w ill be checking the rest of you out very carefully to see if you have been replaced by pod people, Briansat has already had another incarnation.

edited for spelling

Verga is right we are the cream of the techno crop. :laughing:

I photographed something strange while doing looking for a cache on a Sunday Morning. I took a picture of a hawk flying around the area and noticed something else on the picture when I viewed it on my computer. Since there is an Air Force Base a few miles from the cache location I assumed it was something from the base, but I sure don't know what it is from the picture. No reports of "strange crafts" in the news that day, but I do remember Jets flying about before I took the picture. Any Ideas?

ufo.jpg

I photographed something strange while doing looking for a cache on a Sunday Morning. I took a picture of a hawk flying around the area and noticed something else on the picture when I viewed it on my computer. Since there is an Air Force Base a few miles from the cache location I assumed it was something from the base, but I sure don't know what it is from the picture. No reports of "strange crafts" in the news that day, but I do remember Jets flying about before I took the picture. Any Ideas?

ufo.jpg

A hovering cone?

ufo.jpg

That's a ticked off mama bird driving away the hawk. Better luck next time. :ph34r: