Geocoins On Ebay

Bjornian

Ok I've gone over board with my coin collecting :) . I want to sell off all of my extra personal geocins on ebay :) . I want to take all of your good coin designs and make a profit for myself and buy more coins and get myself into even more debt :) I will then buy more extra coins from everyone at cost and sell more later on ebay :D . Is that bad :D ? Please sell me more of your coins. I need them so bad. :santa: Geocoins are great!

I not really selling anything.... I will give my coins away before I sell them.

Time to hit the Streets of Mosul, today is the elections.

Merry Christmas :santa::D:santa:

CavScout, whether you or anyone else likes it or not, it's going to happen. You don't have to come in here and taunt people who might put their coins up on ebay. You don't know their reasons for doing so. Respect your fellow cachers and coin collectors please. I didn't appreciate the "humor" of your post.

Respect: Respect the guidelines for forum usage, and site usage. Respect Groundspeak, its employees, volunteers, yourself, fellow community members, and guests on these boards. Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, they deserve the same respect.

CavScout, whether you or anyone else likes it or not, it's and coin collectors please.  I didn't appreciate the "humor" of your post.

I agree with the crux of Cavscouts comments here but this might have been a personal attack, so I don't want to get to involved.

Edited by 2Dolphins

I didn't realize the entire state of Connecticut was the owner of the coin, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

When a group creates the state coin, they are in effect representing the state that coin is signifying. So when something goes wrong, like poor sales planning, people are going to blame the whole state and not just the person who had the poor judgment in this case.

This is why we (The Delaware State Geocaching Club) decided to make the Delaware Geocoin from a group of people not just a single individual that is looking to be paid for their work. This is a hobby, not a cash cow ready for milking. If you are going to make a coin for your state, be prepared to give a lot of free time away as it is a costly undertaking in that aspect. If you love what you do, you wont miss a thing, if you are looking to get paid for your time, you would be better off coming up with a another venture.

I feel that we as a group of collectors should be careful what State coins we buy and buy only the coins that are backed by state clubs. They are the best people to reprosent the uniqueness of the area they live.

That is just my opinion, I may be wrong.

2Dolphins

Edited by 2Dolphins
nothing against Connecticut before this.

©¿©¬

I didn't realize the entire state of Connecticut was the owner of the coin, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Respect your fellow cachers and coin collectors please.

Respect: Respect the guidelines for forum usage, and site usage. Respect Groundspeak, its employees, volunteers, yourself, fellow community members, and guests on these boards. Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, they deserve the same respect.

Besides, I thought you were from Maine.

©¿©¬

Edited by kcart

I want to know why the Geocoin club coin is on ebay and there is no mention of them even shipping to the members on their website???

I don't care if coins are sold on ebay or not (except "made for ebay"), but can you at least let us who paid good money for those coins get them before they are put on ebay for crying out loud!

On this whole Connecticut thing (I wasn't going to say anything but screw it), it doesn't matter what your intentions were. I don't care if you gave coins for free, you have made yourself look bad for becoming a "made for ebay" coin seller. You could have sold that coin in this forum for probably 15 bucks a coin and made enough profit to cover your a**. You are robbing the collectors and no matter what your coin, unless it has diamonds in it, it is not worth the price you are selling them for. I also feel it is not a geocoin and I WILL NOT consider it the state coin. You have become a Kirkland to me. Sorry to say this, but who ever buys that coin off ebay for that price is a darn fool!

Hopefully somebody will re-make this coin and the Hawaii coin.

I had made a promise to myself not to post within this forum any longer - a promise which I will break only now to put a final statement together for those who take the time to read it.

There have been verbal attacks on CT, myself, and my partners within these confines; this small community of people who collect, trade, and sell Geocoins has not reacted well within these pages.

Sit behind your terminal and type slanderous remarks; I can handle it - but please do not attack my CT State co inhabitants. Most of them had nothing to do with this coin being manufactured or distributed. I did; blame me if it makes you happy. However, without me and my partners there would be no CT State Geocoin. There were people talking about it, but no one took the initiative or invested the money to create something that honors our state. I did.

I invest thousands of dollars, and countless hours in the environment annually. I invest financially in the furthering of others regularly, to make them better people. I recently left a six-figure-a-year job, for a year, in order to volunteer help to someone who has given me nothing in return. I frequently give of myself to help others. I have also invested in a CT Geocoin hoping to make a lot of people happy, celebrate my home-state, and yes, make a modest profit. What I'm trying to say is that you don't know me, don't know my motives, and have no right to cast dispersions at me. I should not have to explain this to you, and I am taking it very personally.

Also, people like to attack our "weak" or "flawed" business/distribution plan. A weak business plan is to buy and sell at the same cost, so that others may turn around and take advantage of your hard work by selling your product at a much higher price. To date, in less than a week, we have sold, traded, and distributed several hundred of the CT coin. There have been 19 so far on eBay. That works out to roughly 6.7% of sales (still think it was a "made for eBay coin?"). Please understand the facts before you make accusations. In fact, we worked out deals with virtually every person who took the time or courtesy to email us. Up until now, all you had to do was ask us and we figured it out with you. I have such a negative impression from a portion of a community whom I thought embraced diversity, and freedom to do things one's own way. I am disappointed and surprised by the hypocrisy (do you even realize how many of you buy coins from others at $6-9, and then sell them on eBay for $20-50? If you do a little cross-checking you may be surprised, or maybe not...) I have witnessed daily since this coin arrived on the scene. I will say it now again without anger, spite, or sarcasm: if you do not want to support what you've deemed our "project" then exercise your freedom. I respect you for that.

I understand that I may have flaws in my statement, and that if you wanted to you could retort and turn around what I've said here. Any good debater could. I don't want to want to talk about this anymore - move on please.

Dustin "dustiano"

For the record I am not "attacking" you! I am stating the way I feel and my opinion(s).

After reading your post....I do think it is "made for ebay" and I will continue to think that because they have not been offered here for a decent price first.

(yes I think coins should be here before ebay, crazy I know).

Edited by Ladycacher & Boys

In the past week, the 2005 Connecticut coin has sold 15 coins on eBay for a total price (including shipping) of $615.30. That's equivilent to $41.02 per coin. The Gold/Color ones going for the highest price of $73 and $61. Anybody wonder why we have an issue with these "Made for eBay" coins???

At an estimated cost of $5.00/coin, which is probably high since they only had 100 coins with color on them, they've already collected enough funds to release at least 100 of their coins into the wild. :)

OK I've had enough of everyone badmouthing the Connecticut group for selling on ebay to recoup their costs before going on the forums with them.

I emailed the group and asked for a large quantity of coins to come over to the UK for the UK Coin group and got a favourable response! We reached a fair price on the coin and great shipping arrangements. Did anyone else bother to contact them? Especially groups???? Large sales means they recoup their costs faster and therefore go on sale to the public faster.

So now 60 mixed coins are on their way to the UK and you guys just want to complain about the ebay sales??? If other groups/clubs had taken the iniative we did they probably would have been in the forums already.

Sorry your loss for having such an attitude

Lynn

Edited by Team Maddie UK
OK I've had enough of everyone badmouthing the Connecticut group for selling on ebay to recoup their costs before going on the forums with them.

I emailed the group and asked for a large quantity of coins to come over to the UK for the UK Coin group and got a favourable response! We reached a fair price on the coin and great shipping arrangements. Did anyone else bother to contact them? Especially groups???? Large sales means they recoup their costs faster and therefore go on sale to the public faster.

So now 60 mixed coins are on their way to the UK and you guys just want to complain about the ebay sales??? If other groups/clubs had taken the iniative we did they probably would have been in the forums already.

Sorry your loss for having such an attitude

Lynn

What it boils down to is a feeling of being taken advantage of. And what's worse, is that it's like being taken advantage of by a friend. The geocaching/geocoining group has always been like a tight-knit community. You can meet another geocacher and always find things to talk about. Just like the coin collectors, we talk to each other in forums and through emails while arranging trades. You really get to feel like you know each other.

Then there are those that come along and just seem to be in it to make a buck. Either by charging outrageous prices for their coins, or coming out with a different coin to sell you every week, or by going straight to eBay so you have to pay $40+ for the coin if you really want one.

No one likes to be taken advantage of - least of all by someone you consider a friend.

Lynn

what's worse, is that it's like being taken advantage of by a friend. The geocaching/geocoining group has always been like a tight-knit community.

I thought we were just supposed to gripe about each other on the forums? Isn't that what this and other forums are for???

I would estimate that the majority of posts in the geocoins forums(besides the ones "I'll take two") are negative and I think its kind of ludicrous. If you don't want to pay $40 for a coin then don't pay for it and quit posting the same crap over and over and over.

I am really surprised that a moderator hasn't locked this thread yet since no one in it is saying anything new or useful for that matter. You wanna gripe about coins start a listserv for whiners. And for buddha's sake stop bashing people that you don't even know!

OK Folks, it has been stated that it was an indiviual making those CT coins, not a group. CT does not have an organization for coins or cachers that I am aware of.

Regarding this thread, everyone has agreed to disagree about how they feel about geocoins on ebay, so from now on if anyone wants to know if coins are for sale on ebay, you will have to go to ebay and check for yourself. This has turned into a free for all complaint fest and it has run it's course. So, say goodbye to the ebay thread. It was all a plug for ebay anyway.