Who Has The Most?

scmegl

Just wondering who has the most finds worldwide?  I've seen 6,000 listed but who has more?

Team Alamo has >10,000 and DavidT21& Fisherwoman have over 6000. I have been privileged to cache with both groups multiple times (they live pretty close to me).

Edited by Wacka

I'm sure someone else will post the appropriate links to the list or to another thread, so here's a little copy and paste of the Top 10 finders in Geocaching.com as of this week:

1. CCCooperAgency

2. TeamAlamo

3. ventura_kids

4. EMC of Northridge, CA

5. Southpaw

6. rippietoe

7. DavidT21 & Fisherwoman

8. dgreno

9. Monkeybrad

10. bthomas

I have personally met 5 people on this list, where DavidT21 & Fisherwoman count as 2 people. One person is "under ranked" since he still has back logs, last I heard.

Personal observation: yes, they are fast, they plan well, and they will work together as a team when appropriate. I don't see them post too often in the forums. :ph34r:

And keep in mind that local cache density is a big factor in high find counts.

1. CCCooperAgency

2. TeamAlamo

3. ventura_kids

4. EMC of Northridge, CA

5. Southpaw

6. rippietoe

7. DavidT21 & Fisherwoman

8. dgreno

9. Monkeybrad

10. bthomas

I'm more impressed by the solo cachers than the teams. It's much harder to find a cache with only one set of eyes than having 2, 3, or 4 sets of eyes searching at once. Is EMC the first solo cacher on the list?

1. CCCooperAgency

2. TeamAlamo 

3.  ventura_kids 

4.  EMC of Northridge, CA 

5.  Southpaw 

6.  rippietoe 

7.  DavidT21 & Fisherwoman 

8.  dgreno

9.  Monkeybrad 

10.  bthomas

I'm more impressed by the solo cachers than the teams. It's much harder to find a cache with only one set of eyes than having 2, 3, or 4 sets of eyes searching at once. Is EMC the first solo cacher on the list?

CCCooper is basically one person.

Edited by briansnat
I'd love to meet her; apparently she is one energetic little LLLady.  :P  ;)

I have twice.

Gotta tell this story:

The second time I met Lynn was at a cache in Georgia. The cache was about 250 yards from parking. I had bagged the cache and stayed there long enough to consult a map. When I looked up, a familiar long haired streak went across my rearview mirror. It was Lynn. She had parked behind me, bagged the cache, and was returning to her car when I saw her. There was no car behind me when I opened the map. I swear that I only looked at it for a couple minutes. Lynn is one smokin' cache finin' machine! :P

Edited by Snoogans

Basically? Either is one person or is not one person. Not sure how someone can can be "basically one person". Would love to hear that definition.

"Basically one person" meaning that she is one person but does cache with other people (children, friends, etc....) so not all of the caches she's found have been with just "one set of eyes" as alluded to in an earlier post. As others who have also cached with her have noted, she hustles so much that I think we slowed her down rather than provided any help ;)

It shows that CCCooperAgency has hidden 407 caches, how does she keep track and make sure there all maintained?

Not all of them are active. ;) But the discussion of "how many is too many" is already being done in another thread.

She's got over 11,500 finds, and has hundreds of friends to help out if needed. So she's not only taken from the game by finding caches, but has given back quite a bit as well. Not only through caches she's hidden (with or without the aid of her friends), but through events she's hosted, cachers she's acknowledged (her famous golden ammo cans for those that hit 1k), and her genuine friendships she has.

People give her crap for this reason or that, but forget that there's a great person behind the numbers. Here in MD we're lucky that she attends pretty much each and every one of our events. She visits plenty of others though... attending events all over the country.

:P

"Basically one person" meaning that she is one person but does cache with other people (children, friends, etc....) so not all of the caches she's found have been with just "one set of eyes" as alluded to in an earlier post. As others who have also cached with her have noted, she hustles so much that I think we slowed her down rather than provided any help ;)

So she is one person as opposed to conjoined twins? Or she is basically one person and part something else?

The confusion, if that is the correct term, is different than "teams" where any team member finding a cache often counts towards the entire team's total. Not all team members have to be present to find or log. I believe the "agency" part of the name gives people the impression CCC is a team. I'm glad she's basically one person.

Basically? Either is one person or is not one person. Not sure how someone can can be "basically one person". Would love to hear that definition.

I have an account and log my caches under it. Sometimes friends or my wife come along, but most of the time I cache alone. So the BrianSnat account is basically one person. Same for the CCCooperAgency account.

q22q17 is me, although I don't cache alone. My husband has his own account, Grush, but he does not log our finds separately. If he went off on his own, and found a cache without me, I may not log it on my account, as I didn't set it up as a "team" account. But with only 280 finds (as of yesterday), we haven't set off in separate directions. We are actually excited that we have found a hobby that we both like to do. I have been to Texas to visit my parents, without him, and have logged some finds without him......... however. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I don't want your topic to go off another direction.

Have met the VK's and EMC here in Southern California, both are fabulous people!

Edited by q22q17
1. CCCooperAgency

2. TeamAlamo 

3.  ventura_kids 

4.  EMC of Northridge, CA 

5.  Southpaw 

6.  rippietoe 

7.  DavidT21 & Fisherwoman 

8.  dgreno

9.  Monkeybrad 

10.  bthomas

I agree with that. Extra sets of eyes and combining different search styles can really speed things up.

I believe most of the people on the list can be considered solo cachers. TeamAlamo is often just one cacher, and I've heard the same with ventura_kids.

I've met EMC of Northridge recently, and yes, she is not a team, and represents herself only.

It's very common for individuals to team up for a cache hunting trip, and this is no exception with the top 10 finders. Don't mistake this as a "tag along for the numbers" thing, because there's a friendly competition of "who can spot it first" going on which is a challenge in itself. :rolleyes:

I play under a "team" account because I usually don't cache alone. My caching partner never caches alone. So while I've been to every cache on my find list, my caching partner hasn't.

Now...how is this important again, and who really cares? :unsure:

Well said. She's not on steroids or in front a Senate Committee. She obviousily has worked her cache off to make the finds. Gotta give her props on it and Team Alamo. Those are some pretty impressive numbers.

Imagine the finds they didn't log. I know I've missed a few logs on finds.

:ph34r:

Anyone can find 'em.  It take a special talent to hide caches.

Who has the most cache hides?

Anyone can hide them. All it takes is a film canister, a slip of paper and a Walmart parking lot.

Imagine the finds they didn't log. I know I've missed a few logs on finds.

Oh I assure you there isn't a find that went unlogged.

Edited by briansnat

I have an account and log my caches under it. Sometimes friends or my wife come along, but most of the time I cache alone. So the BrianSnat account is basically one person. Same for the CCCooperAgency account.

:lol: Yep, that's correct. Actually all the top ten are just single accounts. :lol:

The Ventura Kids are ME ! ;)

The name adds a bit of inclusion to my son (who finds the toughest) and Sandy (who actually finds the most), when they cache along with me.

They don't want to create another account, and they don't log online.

(Sometimes logging all those finds on the site takes the most effort.)

They also enjoy the geocaching events ;) , campouts ;) , journeys :blink: , dinners :blink: , parties :D , and hikes ;) ..... well.... maybe not the long hikes :o