Shrinky Dinks?

Man-O-Man, shrinky dinks have been around for quite some time. Check out toys r us, or any toy section. They may be a little hard to find or just search the net for shrinky dink. They are plastic things that you cut out (could be cut already) then put in an oven and they shrink and harden when heated.

You may also try checking your local craft store. I know I have seen them at Michaels. The way they do them now, they try to convince you that you have to buy the "oven" for them to work. You should be ok just buying a refill pack. They never had the oven when I was a kid, and just sticking them in our regular oven worked fine. I don't know if they give you directions for doing them this way, so you may need to trial and error with a few to get the temp/cook time right. Just keep a close eye on them, and make sure you buy some extras. Man, you brought up some memories...I just may need to get some!!!

I've seen them (generic one's) at Wal-Mart too. I tried making something out of them last year (just messing around) and the things I made came out really wavy. How do you get them to come out flat, or can you? Maybe it was because I bought the generic one's.

Edited by mudda_UBER
I see that they've come out with Shrinky Dink plastick in 8x10 size that can be printed on your inkjet printer and then shrunk. Pretty cool I guess if you are creative and want to make a sig item.

As if I needed just one more thing geocaching related to add to my Xmas list. Santa's gonna come down the chimney and kick my you know what thanks to people like you! Thanks for sharing the link, I'm ordering now!!! Looking at my avatar, can you guess what my item will be???:laughing:

Edited by Jester2112