Compass Rose Coin Update

Team CoyChev

FYI, Here's a copy of an e-mail I recieved, after asking the status of the Compass Rose coin's distribution:

Hi Gary,

The compass rose coins were shipped to us today and we will get them out starting on Monday. Sorry for the delay, we had to wait on our numbers from Groundspeak.

Thank you,

Tess Weed

www.CoinsAndPins.com

Aaron Charles Promotions

Just as an update for those that ordered through USA Geocoins.

Please remember that once Coins and Pins get them then they have to ship them to us so please allow time for that.

Once we get them please allow us at least a few weeks to get all of the orders packed and shipped. We have quite a number of orders to go through.

Thank you

great!

what name will they have on geocaching.com? compass rose coin? or just usa coin? (since they are working together)

While we are working together the coins are not USA geocoins so I am guessing they will have a seperate icon.

I don't know if it is the generic icon or not.

I just got this e-mail today:

Dear ShowStop,

This ship notification is being sent to you by the U.S. Postal Service® at the request of COINSANDPINS.COM.

A package with a Click-N-Ship® label created on usps.com containing the following information is scheduled to be shipped on 10/11/2005.

My coins are on the way! <_<

Just to let everyone know who has placed orders for the 2005 Compass Rose geocoin through CoinsAndPins.com, we had problems with our mailing cost calculator and recently corrected the problem. It is now calcualting the shipping cost correctly. We will lower what was charged on everybodys order to reflect the correct shipping+handeling cost for priority.

The coins should arrive to everyone by this Thursday, and we hope you enjoy them. I also hope that some of them will make it into some caches since I would like to find one too and pass it along :unsure: . We did not get any extra for ourselves. Our 2006 coin will be available in January along with another kind of coin.

Just a reminder. For any of that ordered the Compass Rose Geocoins from USA Geocoins please remember the coins have to first get to us. Our offices are closed until Monday.

Once we get the coins PLEASE allow at least a few weeks as we have nearly 800 coins to pack, post and ship.

Thank you for your patience.

Just a reminder. For any of that ordered the Compass Rose Geocoins from USA Geocoins please remember the coins have to first get to us. Our offices are closed until Monday.

Once we get the coins PLEASE allow at least a few weeks as we have nearly 800 coins to pack, post and ship.

Understood, but ouch - a few weeks? Hard to be patient when everyone else is saying "mine arrived today!" :(

Who else was selling the compass rose coins?

The company who actually made them.

Those of us who ordered from them paid dearly for shipping, but get the coins first.

coinsandpins wrote:

Just to let everyone know who has placed orders for the 2005 Compass Rose geocoin through CoinsAndPins.com, we had problems with our mailing cost calculator and recently corrected the problem. It is now calcualting the shipping cost correctly. We will lower what was charged on everybodys order to reflect the correct shipping+handeling cost for priority

This would indicate that you were willing to pay dearly for shipping, but ultimately will end up paying a reasonable shipping charge.

Well, look at the bright side, you won't be alone. I'm in the same boat  :(  .But we saved a few bucks..... :(

What the was other site/price?

USA Geocoins is selling the Compass Rose Geocoins. Use the link below.

Yes I know, I'm asking for the OTHER site that sells them. I bought mine from USA geocoins, jsut curious about who else has them.

Just a reminder.  For any of that ordered the Compass Rose Geocoins from USA Geocoins please remember the coins have to first get to us.  Our offices are closed until Monday.

Understood, but ouch - a few weeks? Hard to be patient when everyone else is saying "mine arrived today!" :ph34r:

We started shipping today. Just dropped off another batch a few minutes ago.

I would say we are about halfway through the orders.

The International orders may take a little longer. For some reason the line at the post office today was literally out the door.

The people that have already got their coins were the folks that ordered directly through Coins and Pins.

Edited by Eric K
I ordered a compass rose geocoin and a regular geocoin from USA Geocoins last Friday and was never given an e-mail confirming shipment. I have the PayPal receipt, but that's it.

Is anyone else having problems contacting USA geocoins regarding orders?

If you just ordered Friday please allow time for your order to be processed, entered and shipped.

As referenced by the message above we started shipping the pre-sale Compass Rose geocoins Monday.

We are about halfway through packing, posting, and shipping those orders.

Please allow adequate time for delivery.