*** This Just In***

RocketMan

Great shots Pat.  Thanks for posting them.  I think it would be good to apply Lesson 9 to that fist photo.  :P

Thanks Dave! I looks like Google failed again! :unsure:

....and very nice shot Miragee! :lol:

The horse is way dead now.

BTW: When you're making fun of someones typo you should make one yourself. :anibad:

Edited by RocketMan
What is the first shot of? It looks like a weed covered creek or something.....I like the second shot!

Just a little creek in the mountains.

If that creek gets little wider it probably holds some trout! If so, you may want to bring a flyrod along with your GPS! I wish we had had GPSs back when I was flyfishing. We could have easily marked the best holes that way!

What is the first shot of? It looks like a weed covered creek or something.....I like the second shot!

If that creek gets little wider it probably holds some trout! If so, you may want to bring a flyrod along with your GPS! I wish we had had GPSs back when I was flyfishing. We could have easily marked the best holes that way!

That creek may not be big enough to hold fish, but there are countless other ones that can. I may have to break down and buy a fly rod this summer. After catching big tuna and other off-shore species in the Pacific it may be hard to get into catching little trout though. RM

That creek may not be big enough to hold fish, but there are countless other ones that can. I may have to break down and buy a fly rod this summer. After catching big tuna and other off-shore species in the Pacific it may be hard to get into catching little trout though. RM

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised if you ever gave it a shot! I think pound for pound trout are the best fresh water fighters! Plus you'll be fishing with a very light rod and a barbless hook that gives the trout the advantage! If you don't present the right fly in the right way the fish will just ignore it! You have to imitate mother nature almost perfectly! It is a real challenge! But just wait until your flyrod bends 120 degrees and a trout comes flying out of the water trying to shake off your fly! If you're too quick to set the hook you'll pull the tiny fly out of his mouth. If you're too slow, he'll shake it loose! Trust me it takes real skill to land a 16"-18" trout on a size 16-20 hook in fast moving water! Anyhow, it is very fun! :D

Edit: Avid flyfishermen are called "Trout Bums!" So I guess we are "Geobums!" :D

Edited by TrailGators
This just in ....

911a60d2-bdc5-4ab2-b091-83ea6096fc31.jpg

Honk if you know where this is.

North County Panorama?

North yes, county no. The cache location is GCQDJD Benchmark View.

We circled Laguna Nigel all day long and came back with thirty-one finds and one DNF. That put $kimmer over the top for 3,000 finds.

Ain't those two Geobabes th' sweetest thangs?

Edited by SD Rowdies
I like this photo Rogue took of the Fixer-Upper. Not much house space but at least I can fit the car in the garage. :D

Wow, how far up did you go in the mustang?

All the way to the locked gate at Observare (GCQ1AT) and back. The road was in good shape. It was paved part way and the dirt had to have been graded recently. I was in the lead most of the way as well. I got a little worried about the brakes on the way down. I ended up taking her pretty hard through a ditch near Take the High Road (GC350F) although I didn't need to (just didn't feel like backing up :) ).

Yep, she nailed me in person today and nearly chocked me to death. Seemed funny at the time but I'm so sorry for the poor taste. I think the world of her and as you can see she's got a killer grip. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa.

I'd be so pleased if all instances of that photo go away thank y' very much.

067a5728-0875-4560-b5d7-7312e7354db6.jpg

Edited by SD Rowdies

Caption Contest No. 2

Y'all gonna die

:lol:

Thank you dear.

Don't mention it. I do have to chuckle though, that -ette herself quoted the pic and has not edited it out! :grin:

Just between you and me that edit job was technically terrific; however, it sure triggered a sort-of Rorsharch reaction. Odd how that works, nothing was added or removed from the source image but the result was dreadful.

I'll encourage Splashette to erase the URL from that post.

Experience is the name we give to our mistakes.

Harmon

This just in ....

291cca47-acb7-42d9-9b6c-2413decd4fed.jpg

Great Photoshop Job Harmon! It is a Photoshop Job right? :anibad:

So how many different shots did you have to put together to get that?

Yes, Dave, I finally had to resort to Photoshop because the talent kept falling down from the pyramid like a bunch of drunks. Couldn't stand their complaining and bickering. Of course the guys wanted to be on top wouldn't you know?

I shot each level as a separate frame and then spent a lot of time with the selections as you might suspect. You'll recognize the usual spotlight background and cast reflection of course. Turned out to be a fourteen layer composite. Still needs a bit of touchup in the full-sized image.

Had to do a lot of detailed work to transform/warp the boots of the ladies into proper position and had to add several layers in order to bring a few heads out front of legs. In all there were four separate frames.

The idea came to me as we motored through Anza Borrego park. Imagine how I pondered the possibility of trying to get fifteen people to cooperate with that setup. Ah, the life of a photographer.

The best part was the shot of Robyn. I kept telling her "Just once more, my camera wasn't ready." She high-kicked five or six times before she gave me the boot.

A neat thing about a multi-frame composite is that it results in lots and lots of resolution. The result is a huge image suitable for poster-sized prints.

Come to think of it that's a good setup for Roxanne to add to her "Compromising Positions" cache.

Thanks for asking,

Harmon

e9bf3b60-953a-45b9-a34c-d119c01e3a46.jpg

Edited by SD Rowdies