*** This Just In***

RocketMan

A girl like me lives up in the mountains like that background shows (portola and graeagle, cal if you want to look up the area and pics). Wonderful summers up here. Winters well we shovel and use snowblowers to park in our driveways lol.

snip%< We are in the middle of moving to Graeagle from Portola and we have our annual Yosemite youth group trip July 1-8. Then the 2 oldest of our grandkids are coming for a visit for the rest of July. They are 12 and 10. The three of us started working on the blackwood canyon power trail at Lake Tahoe on Jan 3 this year. snip%< Enclosed are a couple pics of Kristian and Neveah caching the blackwood canyon trail. I couldnt fiqure out how to copy and paste them so they are at caches GC2HM5T and GC2HMQH. The kids dont look like me lol but I have taught them to be silly and goofy like me.

snip%<

Leianne

Hi there! They let me hang out here a little bit too! CA for Canada or California helps I guess. I'm guessing we all qualify on the slightly silly/goofy specification. Don't mind them too much, they just miss out on too much snow and cold. Ours JUST left about two weeks ago and there was some new higher up just two days back. Those look like fun kids, don't you let them get all serious too quickly now. As for the pictures, I didn't think it was right for me to link them here for you, but...

Since they exist on the site already, all you have to do is go to them and display the larger version, right click and copy the URL via that option. IF I'm doing more than one image I paste them URLs into something like Note or Word Pad for keeping as a group.

Then re copy if needed and when writing a post like this, right next to the smiley up top there is a graphic icon of a chain link.

click that and you can link ONE image at a time. Just paste each URL you gathered there. It should appear on the note. Use preview to check it. That just LINKS to the image without displaying it. To display it, go one more Icon to the right (like a picture of a tree) Same method one at a time, but it will actually show the image in the post.

There is a way to do a bunch at once, but you still have to collect them on a text editor NP or WP of some sort then process.

The catch is that any posted image has to exist somewhere ON the internet. In this case a Geocache LOG gallery, some of us use offline photo storage sites. But it has to be something that can be linked or polled to show. Lots of stuff you can do if you check out the little ? in a blue circle at the upper right of the entry screen. It takes time to figure out, so you can ask away.

By the Way, I like the 'antlers' one, goes far to prove that retouching isn't the only way to have some fun with images, have you tried the 'little person on hand' illusion? I used to do that with film camera all the time.

Doug 7rxc Elkford BC CA

Thanks for the reply :)

I did right click but there is no option for the URL and I tried copy/paste and that doesnt work either.

In the pic with Kristian and his 'antlers' he found that near the cache and had to have it in the pic. So I had him hold it behind him so we could get the atler effect. I didnt do anything in photoshop except cut the pic down and adjust the color a little. I havent had much time to practice or use the other things like the one you mentioned.

Leianne

This just in ...

d40e68df-4128-434f-85bf-9f227fc9460c.jpg

Clodhopper art

3e6c3bb9-f6d7-4b56-89f8-4484416eb0bb.jpg

"Duck-Tape" Boots

Prom Outfits up for big fashion prize.

More Outfits

Note to Self: Like I said before, fashion-trend outliers rule!

Lol I do like the cowboy boots. Do we get to see a pic of you wearing them?

Checked out the pics of the clothes made with the duct tape, cool. So you

making a suit with duct tape next?

Leianne

Leianne darlin',

So y' like cowboy boots do y'?

b5aeeadb-abdf-4ddf-89ff-c5909b3fac9d.jpg?rnd=0.4008099

That fact caused me t' put two an' two t'gether about you hangin' out

in Graeagle, California ... ain't that where th' Tour de Manure bicycle

race takes place?

No wonder you like cowboy boots. Manure-wise cowboy boots are a good

thang. Besides, y' can get by with wearing unbunched socks when y' got

y'r cowboy boots on.

Since you asked I'll give some thought t' makin' myself a Duck-Tape suit.

Only problem I see is that a roll of Duck Tape is $3.66 at Walmart.

88528c99-5911-4dcf-afc3-4740d69d6db4.jpg?rnd=0.6134475

Leopard-spot lapels?

So it goes,

Sweet ol' Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

A girl like me lives up in the mountains like that background shows (portola and graeagle, cal if you want to look up the area and pics). Wonderful summers up here. Winters well we shovel and use snowblowers to park in our driveways lol.

snip%< We are in the middle of moving to Graeagle from Portola and we have our annual Yosemite youth group trip July 1-8. Then the 2 oldest of our grandkids are coming for a visit for the rest of July. They are 12 and 10. The three of us started working on the blackwood canyon power trail at Lake Tahoe on Jan 3 this year. snip%< Enclosed are a couple pics of Kristian and Neveah caching the blackwood canyon trail. I couldnt fiqure out how to copy and paste them so they are at caches GC2HM5T and GC2HMQH. The kids dont look like me lol but I have taught them to be silly and goofy like me.

snip%<

Leianne

Hi there! They let me hang out here a little bit too! CA for Canada or California helps I guess. I'm guessing we all qualify on the slightly silly/goofy specification. Don't mind them too much, they just miss out on too much snow and cold. Ours JUST left about two weeks ago and there was some new higher up just two days back. Those look like fun kids, don't you let them get all serious too quickly now. As for the pictures, I didn't think it was right for me to link them here for you, but...

Since they exist on the site already, all you have to do is go to them and display the larger version, right click and copy the URL via that option. IF I'm doing more than one image I paste them URLs into something like Note or Word Pad for keeping as a group.

Then re copy if needed and when writing a post like this, right next to the smiley up top there is a graphic icon of a chain link.

click that and you can link ONE image at a time. Just paste each URL you gathered there. It should appear on the note. Use preview to check it. That just LINKS to the image without displaying it. To display it, go one more Icon to the right (like a picture of a tree) Same method one at a time, but it will actually show the image in the post.

There is a way to do a bunch at once, but you still have to collect them on a text editor NP or WP of some sort then process.

The catch is that any posted image has to exist somewhere ON the internet. In this case a Geocache LOG gallery, some of us use offline photo storage sites. But it has to be something that can be linked or polled to show. Lots of stuff you can do if you check out the little ? in a blue circle at the upper right of the entry screen. It takes time to figure out, so you can ask away.

By the Way, I like the 'antlers' one, goes far to prove that retouching isn't the only way to have some fun with images, have you tried the 'little person on hand' illusion? I used to do that with film camera all the time.

Doug 7rxc Elkford BC CA

Thanks for the reply :)

I did right click but there is no option for the URL and I tried copy/paste and that doesnt work either.

In the pic with Kristian and his 'antlers' he found that near the cache and had to have it in the pic. So I had him hold it behind him so we could get the atler effect. I didnt do anything in photoshop except cut the pic down and adjust the color a little. I havent had much time to practice or use the other things like the one you mentioned.

Leianne

Maybe this will help ...

09dff683-644e-449c-be28-fb57109e4bea.jpg?rnd=0.5359875

Focus on the two arrows ... one of them points to the tiny little

Insert Image button. Click that button to get the dialog where you

can paste a URL taken from most any website photo.

As an example the other arrow points to an inserted URL.

Good place to upload photos to post on the Forum is on an archived

Geocache page, or any of your own Geocache pages for that matter.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Thanks Harmon! I was just about to do that when I saw your post.

Like the current photo series and think a TUX with your leopard 'duck 'tape as trim would work well for more formal Geocaching, such as events and camp outs. Especially the cummerbund [sic].

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

Like the current photo series and think a TUX with your leopard 'duck 'tape as trim would work well for more formal Geocaching, such as events and camp outs. Especially the cummerbund [sic].

Doug 7rxc

Doug,

Between you and me we should be able get that ol' gal straightened out

about how t' post Forum photos. I'm lookin' forward to having a few

more of her images t', shall I say, enhance? Yeah, that's it ... enhance.

Trouble is that she shows signs of having the same attitude toward sweet

ol' boys like you and me that one can easily see in Jodi and Janie and a

few other Geobabes that I have th' honey-sweet pleasure t' know. Please

don't tell any one of 'em that I said any-such-a thang.

Ain't they all th' sweetest thangs?

Thanks for your encouragement for me to stick a Duck-tape tux' t'gether.

I'll give it due consideration ... maybe for the M*A*S*H III event if I

happen t' live that long, you know, Geobabes-wise.

So it goes,

Sweet ol' Harmon

Doug 7rxc

Doug,

So it goes,

Sweet ol' Harmon

Living that long might be a problem if the other halves follow this thread!

I forgot about that event (actually thought it was over), but thinking about that while listening to the local country/western station playing "Camouflage!", gave me an idea... Camouflage Tux with Leopard Trim... and of course some of your boots... to be formal enough, perhaps British Officers Wellingtons??. I used to have a set around somewhere that went with the dress blues. Headress might be a Camo/Leopard trim top hat? Camo cane/hiking stick?

Wow! What an idea!

I just got to find some time this week, it's really busy here til Sunday, local summertime festival and then Canada Day on the First of July. Then all is fair.

BTW, there was snow today about 1000 feet up the slope, might have been frost though, but that shouldn't be allowed in June, sigh! Didn't last too long though.

Doug 7rxc

Irish Toast... "Here's to the Wife and Sweetheart! God forbid they ever meet!"

Edited by 7rxc

Doug 7rxc

Doug,

So it goes,

Sweet ol' Harmon

Living that long might be a problem if the other halves follow this thread!

I forgot about that event (actually thought it was over), but thinking about that while listening to the local country/western station playing "Camouflage!", gave me an idea... Camouflage Tux with Leopard Trim... and of course some of your boots... to be formal enough, perhaps British Officers Wellingtons??. I used to have a set around somewhere that went with the dress blues. Headress might be a Camo/Leopard trim top hat? Camo cane/hiking stick?

Wow! What an idea!

I just got to find some time this week, it's really busy here til Sunday, local summertime festival and then Canada Day on the First of July. Then all is fair.

BTW, there was snow today about 1000 feet up the slope, might have been frost though, but that shouldn't be allowed in June, sigh! Didn't last too long though.

Doug 7rxc

Irish Toast... "Here's to the Wife and Sweetheart! God forbid they ever meet!"

Seems to me ...

8952a727-5502-4bea-86a2-aaed5b63428b.jpg?rnd=0.3005255

That we should be able to see you during this exchange.

As to the snow, my sweet bride and I were travelling

through the Scottish Highlands a few weeks back and

were treated to the sight of snow-packed mountain

ranges galore. Three hundred twenty-two days of rain

each year makes for a bonnie coutryside.

Anxious to see you in that cammo' tux with Wellingtons.

I'm reading the collected works of Robert Lewis

Stephenson at present and have a well-formed image in

mind, that of you in camouflaged yet formal raiment.

We wait with grand anticipation,

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

Dang, I forgot that one! Oh, just remembered another one too! Drat!

I should mention that I've lost weight since then, and got older and wiser.

The formal wear might be difficult, since I don't often get dressed up, and only once or twice in a tux. Oh well we'll see what happens. Maybe I can borrow the needed clothing.

Like the image, but could you modify that with smaller pixels on the digital cammo... I realize you were in a hurry to stab me where I sit. :rolleyes:

Trouble with Wellingtons is that they look like dress shoes but without laces. I found mine, but I was using them for riding horses when I stopped the officer thingy. Fit much better than cowboy boots, at least for me. Slippery things though.

It was just a suggestion. BTW that is a great TB hotel not too far from us on the Alberta Side (just). Well guarded too!

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

Dang, I forgot that one! Oh, just remembered another one too! Drat!

I should mention that I've lost weight since then, and got older and wiser.

The formal wear might be difficult, since I don't often get dressed up, and only once or twice in a tux. Oh well we'll see what happens. Maybe I can borrow the needed clothing.

Like the image, but could you modify that with smaller pixels on the digital cammo... I realize you were in a hurry to stab me where I sit. :rolleyes:

Trouble with Wellingtons is that they look like dress shoes but without laces. I found mine, but I was using them for riding horses when I stopped the officer thingy. Fit much better than cowboy boots, at least for me. Slippery things though.

It was just a suggestion. BTW that is a great TB hotel not too far from us on the Alberta Side (just). Well guarded too!

Doug 7rxc

Bagpipes, have y' considered bagpipes?

3feeb160-652a-44a6-81ff-1eaaa181b58d.jpg?rnd=0.4267825

Edited by SD Rowdies

Just dropping by enroute to somewhere else...two more buys days ahead...

I almost lost interest when I made the bad move of using Google to search for 'camouflage tuxedo'... Seems they are even made commercially... but I'll keep trying, it is underway while I'm waiting for a phone call from the other one.

This one seems to be the inspiration for Brad Paisleys hit camouflage.

Also I can see the big problem with Wellingtons... seems these days that refers to almost ANY slip on boot, mostly rubber.

No class. I'll likely pass on that other than an image for clarification. Can't see the things anyway unless you tuck the tux into them... Does anyone do that?

Oh Oh got to run... NO Bagpipes... I like the pipes, but the neighbours don't. Besides low pipes are better than Scot types.

Doug 7rxc

This just in ...

41075757-dd5f-4a3a-8acb-cf411e24c04b.jpg?rnd=0.9399029

Got Duck Tape?

Not sure why everyone is using this leopard cammo tape lately but the

caches are much more easily spotted... :anibad:

Hmm, reports differ about ease of spotting. Maybe it's a seasonal thang.

What with the yellow background color I should think it would be easier.

Doesn't matter much for the Cuyamaca hides what with explicite hints

and a photo of each hidey-spot including some photos wherein the actual

container can be seen.

Cracks me up when a log entry mentions having to look for a few minutes

before finding the container. If that keeps up my next trick will be

pointy-fangers on a stick.

By the way, the response to of my begging for empty med' bottles has

apparently gone viral.

bc8d38cb-2b31-47d9-9fb8-1c891904d27a.jpg?rnd=0.1883618

All these from three donors in just three days. Makes me wonder why all

the fuss about health-care?

Edited by SD Rowdies

121a733f-be19-464e-96eb-3bb95649be1f.jpg

On the bonnie, bonnie banks of the San Dieguito Lagoon...

Sorry, no piggies or bagpipes for ya...and I got a license for them un-bunched

stockings.

James,

I met a gal a few weeks ago that was waiting on the shore for you with open arms.

5b62f356-753e-486d-b16c-8642e801b361.jpg?rnd=0.7251812

Trouble was she's Irish, not a bonnie lassie. Worse yet she's from ROI rather than

Northern Ireland.

She wasn't very responsive to my advances; you know, what y' might term a frigid

reception. You might want t' wait a bit before lashing yourself to th' mast, she

might warm up a bit during the three-day summer season.

I read all about her in Robert Luis Stevenson's St. Ives. Name was Flora and she

lived near Edinburgh. She got mixed up with a French prisoner. Not sure how that

turned out ... couldn't finish the book 'cause the author died.

So it goes,

Poor ol' Harmon

Note to Self: Rule of thirds and proper lighting dang it!

Edited by SD Rowdies

121a733f-be19-464e-96eb-3bb95649be1f.jpg

Note two Self: Enhanced by setting white-point, increasing clarity, contrast, and sharpness and then

using screened layer-blend mode on shadowed face and body and once again just for eyes. Anything

is possible with Adobe Lightroom 4 and Photoshop CS6. Of course it would have helped a bit to shoot

the photo with a Nikon DS800 with James facing toward a setting sun at the moment when his shadow

was twice his hight; you know, when shadow was fourteen-feet long more or less.

Edited by SD Rowdies

I posted my picture. You don't think I was going to make it easy for ya, did you?

Note two Self: Enhanced by setting white-point, increasing clarity, contrast, and sharpness and then

using screened layer-blend mode on shadowed face and body and once again just for eyes. Anything

is possible with Adobe Lightroom 4 and Photoshop CS6. Of course it would have helped a bit to shoot

the photo with a Nikon DS800 with James facing toward a setting sun at the moment when his shadow

Seems like Photoshop has a "5 o'clock shadow" Filter...

How come the bonnie lass doesn't have her face in the sun? I mean, apart from the fact that they don't have any sun there...

I posted my picture. You don't think I was going to make it easy for ya, did you?

How come the bonnie lass doesn't have her face in the sun? I mean, apart from the fact that they don't have any sun there...

'Twas a laight reen awe follin' pon th' bonnie lass as weell 'twas it 'pon th' p'tograiphair.

Be careful what you ask for regarding the five o'clock shadow.

Thanks for sharing James, as it is you're a braw 'andsome prince.

By the way, do you get this sort of retouching service on that Facebook thang? Least they

could do after hijacking the telephone numbers of Facebook members.

Edited by SD Rowdies

James..... What were you doing up at 1 in the morning???? Photoshop training????? :ph34r:

O Lawd' o'mercy ...

1dd27f8f-91d4-4c3a-9388-a01a56aba199.jpg?rnd=0.6243642

Somebody tell me why that sweet woman Denice would run off t' 'gator country

with, of all thangs, a long-haul truck driver? What's th' sense of that?

Denice darlin', if y' read this, take that long and tiresome walk all the way back

t' where you belong with us that loves y'. (A tidbit from Tobacco Road, Erskin

Caldwell.)

On th' trail I mourn your absence and even the very trees mourn for you, for

their leaves dropped 'round me without a gust of wind. (Sir Walter Scott's

Waverley if y' must know.)

Ain't she th' sweetest thang? (Plain ol' Texas talk ... made it up m'se'f.)

'Mon back girl! (A friendly swipe at Jim, th' long-haul trucker.)

So it goes,

Poor lonesome Harmon

Note to self: Harmon, you sweet-talkin' fool, maybe she likes 'gators.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Some Alabama dude has been seen in CA.

This just in ...

8d3ca772-43a3-456f-9d01-e90411a1071c.jpg?rnd=0.9031118

My gosh, the father of the "This just in ..." is in

town and on the trail. How did I miss out? O yeah,

Jeep or FJ t' qualify, I get it.

Good on you guys for hooking East Mesa into the Noble

Canyon area. That's been on my list to do for some

time.

How nice it is to see the ol' boy from Alabama return

to San Diego. From the photos it seems that you still

have a full set of front teeth ... don't that set you

apart from others when y' venture into th' 'bama

piney-woods?

Flatulent Fathers, yeppur, Alabama through and through.

So it goes,

Sweet ol' Harmon

Note to Self: Of course I had t' fix their friggin photo.

Edited by SD Rowdies

This just in ...

time.

piney-woods?

So it goes,

Sweet ol' Harmon

Second thought, you guys reminded me of the good old days

of San Diego Geocaching.

00f5ac15-a153-477b-bc81-cc9ea70c4fbe.jpg?rnd=0.06317776

Here's another useful medication

Those were the days my friends ...

acdb56b8-c9fa-41c6-bd1c-20646b8f7f4a.jpg?rnd=0.7619288

Edited by SD Rowdies

This just in ...

time.

piney-woods?

So it goes,

Sweet ol' Harmon

Yes it was good to be back in SD but the visit was way too short. I don't remember that lady in the skirt with us on the hike. :blink:

Those were the days my friends ...

acdb56b8-c9fa-41c6-bd1c-20646b8f7f4a.jpg?rnd=0.7619288

OOPS, I logged that last response with the wrong account.

I remember this event like it was just yesterday!

O for Pete's sake, so now you are a reviewer like that

commie-pinko reviewer guy that you hang around with.

Good men gone bad, what a shame.

For sure I recall that event ... in a wheelchair and/or

on crutches at the time. How am I to forget a twenty-two

foot fall from an antenna tower? Of course I might be a

bit hazy about the minor details of that fall of long ago.

It's interesting to scroll through the event log-entries

and posted photos. April 4, 2005, the times they are a

changin' ....

Note to Self: That was a day I could have donated my Palm Tungsten E2 and saved myself a lot of frustration.

Edited by SD Rowdies

This just in ...

time.

piney-woods?

So it goes,

Sweet ol' Harmon

Yes it was good to be back in SD but the visit was way too short.

I don't remember that lady in the skirt with us on the hike. :blink:

Bonnie lasses are like' t' sneak up on y' when y' least expect it.

This just in ...

time.

piney-woods?

So it goes,

Sweet ol' Harmon

Yes it was good to be back in SD but the visit was way too short. I don't remember that lady in the skirt with us on the hike. :blink:

You too? I was thinkin' the same thing...

This just in ...

b90e9944-e66b-417d-8ff4-447d872ee76f.jpg?rnd=0.9387019

Fire supression ... then and now

You too? I was thinkin' the same thing...

Hmm, perhaps another Picture of Dorian Gray?

Edited by SD Rowdies