*** This Just In***

RocketMan

Were there enough goats for all you men?!?

:unsure:

HAHAHAHA

Not really. Dave tagged most of them before I got out of my Jeep!

...and also considering half of our Jeeping crew are women of the female persuassion!

Driving their OWN Rubicons too, I might add.

086e28a2-095e-44a5-9512-499bc536d298.jpg

Mtn Roamer

a815c756-46d2-46bd-97fa-b8210f801f5b.jpg

Red Ruby

Edited by zoltig

HAHAHAHA

...and also considering half of our Jeeping crew are women of the female persuassion!

Mtn Roamer

Red Ruby

You go girls!!!! Hopefully, we'll get to meet you on the 26th! :ph34r:

We only have one concern...............out of our group of 4 Jeeps............we don't have even one

Red one :ph34r: Hopefully, we'll get to see one of those Rocky Mtn. Goats, they are amazing!

That Rocketman guy and his shifty sidekick Zoltig probably scared them all way! :ph34r:

Just can't wait to go Jeepin' with you all !

Splashette

HAHAHAHA

Mtn Roamer

Red Ruby

You go girls!!!! Hopefully, we'll get to meet you on the 26th! :ph34r:

We only have one concern...............out of our group of 4 Jeeps............we don't have even one

Red one :ph34r: Hopefully, we'll get to see one of those Rocky Mtn. Goats, they are amazing!

That Rocketman guy and his shifty sidekick Zoltig probably scared them all way! :ph34r:

Just can't wait to go Jeepin' with you all !

Splashette

Don't worry Janie. We allow non-red Jeeps in Colorado.

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys. I got an email from Stu today and see he is coming too. Great

BTW: Kawikaturn was just at the house a couple of hours ago. He was headed through town on his marathon cross country caching adventure. I'm slipping, I missed getting a picture.

a5b14107-376f-48d2-99ee-7e9111389e3e.jpg

Did you visit the BikeDog Memorial Cache? (It's just up hill from there...sort of...)

(Anyone notice that the photo is carefully cropped so as not to show their socks?)

Why I oughta ....

We are all getting smarter Harmon. Here is a photo of my wife, daughter and me up in Seattle 10 days ago... :huh:

ee44a345-fba8-4c9e-9983-e9766e2174a1.jpg

Did you visit the BikeDog Memorial Cache? (It's just up hill from there...sort of...)

(Anyone notice that the photo is carefully cropped so as not to show their socks?)

Why I oughta ....

We are all getting smarter Harmon. Here is a photo of my wife, daughter and me up in Seattle 10 days ago... :huh:

Sheesh! who would think that unbunched socks would go into the closet?

Wonder if Obama and McCain are interested in this cause?

By the way, which one is your daughter?

Edited by SD Rowdies

Why I oughta ....

I bet Rhonda will bake you something sweet when she hears that you asked that question! :)

This just in ...

Duck-Butter Pond and Mt. Miguel

Took a DNF on "DUCK BUTTER" cache. Go ahead and "blow up" the

pitchorama to see the details.

Honk if you've been there.

nice pic

Where's the wild life

No birds at the pond 'cause the water doesn't come in little plastic bottles.

Drill back a few posts on SD Cache Critters for my photo of the deer taken

not so far from the pond.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Why I oughta ....

We are all getting smarter Harmon. Here is a photo of my wife, daughter and me up in Seattle 10 days ago... :D

I bet Rhonda will bake you something sweet when she hears that you asked that question! :D

PUD cake by any chance? Help, help me Rhonda ....

Edited by SD Rowdies

This just in ...

0807a03d-6b20-45b4-ba0f-37f370dd050a.jpg

Ever wonder why bushes and trees recover so quickly after a fire?

Watched them doing a half-dozen lake-water training drops near

Sweetwater Reservoir. Couldn't get them to dump a bucket on me

even on a very hot day.

Honk f you know the name of that hill in the background.

Edited by SD Rowdies
This just in ...

even on a very hot day.

HONK HONK SOMETHING TO DO WITH LOOKING UP WORDS,PLUS THERE ARE A FEW CACHES UP THERE TO. :D:D:D

Edited by Team Fatman
This just in ...

even on a very hot day.

HONK HONK SOMETHING TO DO WITH LOOKING UP WORDS, PLUS THERE ARE A FEW CACHES UP THERE TO. :D:D:D

Yowza! Now you can move to the head of the class.

I'd say that this goes beyond "silly" into the realm of "foolish". I've got enough white-water time to know that you won't get many chances in one lifetime to be stupid...

John, whenever you get cache-itus, please chant the following words over and over, "Passing Wind. D-Jollymon, Passing Wind, D-Jollymon..."

Even so ...

444289e1-e1ba-4c2f-93f3-4c6accce2693.jpg

The wild-ride of Passing Wing and D-Jollymon is recognized as a defining chapter

in the folk culture of San Diego County Geocaching, yes?

Funny thing, read the most recent log entries on the following cache page.

Carl Jr's 500th Cache!!

What happened to passingwind and D-Jollyman?

I'd say that this goes beyond "silly" into the realm of "foolish". I've got enough white-water time to know that you won't get many chances in one lifetime to be stupid...

John, whenever you get cache-itus, please chant the following words over and over, "Passing Wind. D-Jollymon, Passing Wind, D-Jollymon..."

Even so ...

444289e1-e1ba-4c2f-93f3-4c6accce2693.jpg

The wild-ride of Passing Wing and D-Jollymon is recognized as a defining chapter

in the folk culture of San Diego County Geocaching, yes?

Funny thing, read the most recent log entries on the following cache page.

Carl Jr's 500th Cache!!

What happened to passingwind and D-Jollyman?

Somewhere on these forums, there is a detailed first hand description from PW and DJM, but the short answer is that they attempted an FTF on a storm drain cache during a rainstorm. They lost their footing and took a wild ride down the tunnel and out onto the outflow (a rockfield designed slow down the water flow.) They were lucky to come away with just bruises, lost clothing and lost equipment. (Photos of the bruises also exist in these forums...))

This just in ...

San Diego gang at Four Corners

First look at the gang heading for a Colorado Rockies event.

First taste of Colorado Rockies near Telluride

The Splashes have a new laptop along so I expect much

more from Janie as the Colorado event unfolds.

Nice Pics. I'm looking forward too seeing more and helping them to make more.

Take good care of them, you know how they are without adult supervision.

Edited by SD Rowdies

This just in from the Colorado Events ...

The Splashes above sea level

9c19f947-6ae3-461f-be37-91b558f1f22d.jpg

Cliffside water mill and the Splash Jeep

0bcac73f-cac9-4e52-a74f-51f7086b84d0.jpg

Colorado surfing

7f1a7b1f-41b7-4f93-aa09-4356ec833a02.jpg

How do you spell "Turquoise?"

fd2a5742-ae27-408b-887a-b313b28c6d0f.jpg

Yeah, sure, they've got the Rockies but we've got Dictionary Hill.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Doggone it, Roy Gene! I don't know how you can post pictures of the Black Bear Road without also posting the lyrics to the song!

The Black Bear Road

Me an' R.J. an' the kids was on a camp out in the mountains, an' we had us one a' them U-Drive-'Em Army Jeep cars which we had rented from a fella by the name a' Kuboske for thirty bucks a day, buy yer gas along the way, take a rabbit's foot, an' leave a pint a' blood for a deeposit

An' he'd 'splained it all to us how we's 'sposed to git to Telluride, which was fifty miles away by way of the regular highway, however there was a short-cut, BUT, unless we had drove the Black Bear Road before, we'd be, well, we'd be better off to stay in bed an' sleep late (now pay no 'ttention to the guitar there)

Well we took up off'n th' highway, an we come upon a sign sez "Black Bear Road - You Don't Have To Be Crazy To Drive This Road, But It Helps", I sez to, R.J. this must be the short cut road Kuboske's a talkin' about. She didn't pay no mind 'cause she's busy makin peanut butter sanwiches for the kids in the back seat, throwin' rocks, an' drinkin' KoolAid, an' playing "Count The License Plates On Cars", but they wasn't a havin' too much fun playin' Count The License Plates On Cars, well 'cause there wern't no other cars

Went about a mile an' a half, in about four hours, busted off the right front fender, an' tore a hole in the oil pan on a rock as big as a hall closet, went over a bump an' spilt the Kool-Aid, an' Roy Gene stuck his bolo knife right through the convertible top, an' the dog threw up all over the back seat (peanut butter don't agree with him see)

So we had to stop, an' take off the top, an' air everything out, an' clean it up. The dog run off, an' R.J. sez she felt her asthma comin' on. I's settin' there wonderin' what to do, when the en-tire scenic San-Gee-Juan U-Drive-'Em Army Jeep Car sank in the mud (at thirteen thousand feet above sea level!)

Well we shoveled it out, an' ate our lunch, the dog made a yellow hole in the snow, an' Roy Gene got out his Instamatic an' took a snapshot of it. Mary Elizabeth drawed a picture of the road. It looked like a whole bunch of Zs an' Ws all strung together, an' R.J. took one look at that picture, and said the only way she's goin' down that Jeep car road 'as over her dead body, an' then a rock slipped out from under the wheel, and the U-Drive-'Em Army Jeep Car, well it went right over, right over the edge of a cliff (Whah-Haa-Haa-Haa-Hoo-Hoo-Hoo)

Doggonit Roy Gene, when I tell ya to put a rock under the wheel, I mean ROCK, now look at that what you had there ain't no bigger then a grapefruit !

Doggone it, Roy Gene! I don't know how you can post pictures of the Black Bear Road without also posting the lyrics to the song!

The Black Bear Road

Me an' R.J. an' the kids was on a camp out in the mountains, an' we had us one a' them U-Drive-'Em Army Jeep cars which we had rented from a fella by the name a' Kuboske for thirty bucks a day, buy yer gas along the way, take a rabbit's foot, an' leave a pint a' blood for a deeposit

An' he'd 'splained it all to us how we's 'sposed to git to Telluride, which was fifty miles away by way of the regular highway, however there was a short-cut, BUT, unless we had drove the Black Bear Road before, we'd be, well, we'd be better off to stay in bed an' sleep late (now pay no 'ttention to the guitar there)

Well we took up off'n th' highway, an we come upon a sign sez "Black Bear Road - You Don't Have To Be Crazy To Drive This Road, But It Helps", I sez to, R.J. this must be the short cut road Kuboske's a talkin' about. She didn't pay no mind 'cause she's busy makin peanut butter sanwiches for the kids in the back seat, throwin' rocks, an' drinkin' KoolAid, an' playing "Count The License Plates On Cars", but they wasn't a havin' too much fun playin' Count The License Plates On Cars, well 'cause there wern't no other cars

Went about a mile an' a half, in about four hours, busted off the right front fender, an' tore a hole in the oil pan on a rock as big as a hall closet, went over a bump an' spilt the Kool-Aid, an' Roy Gene stuck his bolo knife right through the convertible top, an' the dog threw up all over the back seat (peanut butter don't agree with him see)

So we had to stop, an' take off the top, an' air everything out, an' clean it up. The dog run off, an' R.J. sez she felt her asthma comin' on. I's settin' there wonderin' what to do, when the en-tire scenic San-Gee-Juan U-Drive-'Em Army Jeep Car sank in the mud (at thirteen thousand feet above sea level!)

Well we shoveled it out, an' ate our lunch, the dog made a yellow hole in the snow, an' Roy Gene got out his Instamatic an' took a snapshot of it. Mary Elizabeth drawed a picture of the road. It looked like a whole bunch of Zs an' Ws all strung together, an' R.J. took one look at that picture, and said the only way she's goin' down that Jeep car road 'as over her dead body, an' then a rock slipped out from under the wheel, and the U-Drive-'Em Army Jeep Car, well it went right over, right over the edge of a cliff (Whah-Haa-Haa-Haa-Hoo-Hoo-Hoo)

Doggonit Roy Gene, when I tell ya to put a rock under the wheel, I mean ROCK, now look at that what you had there ain't no bigger then a grapefruit !

Y'all notice that th' Splash-Jeep ain't in th' picher? ... and there ain't no rocks

bigger'n a grapefruit to be seen.

Lemme see now, Splashette's only 'bout five-foot tall so the top of her head is

at 12,845 foot.

Edited by SD Rowdies

This just in from Colorado event ...

Below: The lineup

0b6ac025-2bc9-423c-b54a-904062ed654c.jpg

This man is in charge of powerful space rockets.

8b2405ae-bdb7-44c4-a9b8-886cadc40d62.jpg

Winching the old-fashioned way.

45cf2a10-faca-46e5-a1bc-fa496e1038e1.jpg

Colorado Luau babes: Well, o.k., so they're from San Diego if y' must know.

5f6f74c1-e11f-4bea-8a63-dec0c1b8c564.jpg

The end!

4bfe9baa-d211-49e2-aa14-850f63376624.jpg

[Photos courtesy of Splashman and Splashette ... so don't blame me.]

Edited by SD Rowdies

This just in ...

91139130-9f74-4659-9586-9b24b8a64d97.jpg

Here's a ruffled-hill mystery for a geologist, historian, or maybe

even an archeologist.

The photograph was taken near the new T.R. Violin hide named

"Probe" and the view is southeast toward Santee Lakes. What

caught my interest was the ruffled-ridges that cross over and

completely cover that small hill.

I checked Google Earth images of the same area and see that

most of the finger-ridges between the official land-fill area and

Medina Drive seem similar in appearance.

I wonder if the ruffles were caused by landfill grading from days

gone by. Perhaps a burial ground for people that ate too many

Ruffles tater-chips?

Could be a case for the Santee space-alien conspiracy theorists.

Any ideas?

Edited by SD Rowdies

The end!

So do they let Toyotas play with all those Jeeps? If so maybe someday .

I hope the Laua girls show up at the campout in Oct/

The end!

So do they let Toyotas play with all those Jeeps? If so maybe someday .

I hope the Laua girls show up at the campout in Oct/

YUP. All ya gotta do is show up!

I hope the Laua girls show up at the campout in Oct.

Be careful what you ask for.

ad73ce25-6040-4489-aa80-6a0d05d4ea25.jpg

:lol: Campout?

Please fill me in on the campout thing. Where is it? I usually do my campin' out at the Holiday Inn, but I can be flexible. I mean ... I don't mind campin' at the Hampton Inn but it sometimes runs me a tad more there. Ohhh Boy! I can hardly wait!

4edbbccc-4e30-4958-9ee3-9a698e26a6de.jpg

:mad: Campout?

Please fill me in on the campout thing. Where is it? I usually do my campin' out at the Holiday Inn, but I can be flexible. I mean ... I don't mind campin' at the Hampton Inn but it sometimes runs me a tad more there.

Ohhh Boy! I can hardly wait!

3d785e9c-e034-4edb-9277-5d495cc3389f.jpg

Edited by SD Rowdies

:yikes: Campout?

Please fill me in on the campout thing. Where is it? I usually do my campin' out at the Holiday Inn, but I can be flexible. I mean ... I don't mind campin' at the Hampton Inn but it sometimes runs me a tad more there. Ohhh Boy! I can hardly wait!

The 2008 version of Geo Ocotillo is coming soon!!! Traditionally, we have it on the weekend before Halloween, which would be Oct. 24, 25. & 26 at Skillets' place in Ocotillo Wells. We need to check with Skillet again to see if that weekend is still good, or maybe the second weekend in Nov.

Details will be coming soon, but we will still be having our famous Chili Cookoff, Dessert contest and Poker Run................as well as lots of caches! We will have a Friday night bonfire, as well as one on Sat. night also. , We may do a sort of nighttime Poker Run that is in the works also..........but that's a definite

maybe............ Shake out your tents and Motorhomes, fluff your pillows, grab the kids and geodogs, and be ready for a another weekend of just too much fun!!!

The Splashes :mad::ph34r:

The 2008 version of Geo Ocotillo is coming soon!!! Traditionally, we have it on the weekend before Halloween, which would be Oct. 24, 25. & 26 at Skillets' place in Ocotillo Wells. We need to check with Skillet again to see if that weekend is still good, or maybe the second weekend in Nov.

Details will be coming soon, but we will still be having our famous Chili Cookoff, Dessert contest and Poker Run................as well as lots of caches! We will have a Friday night bonfire, as well as one on Sat. night also. , We may do a sort of nighttime Poker Run that is in the works also..........but that's a definite

maybe............ Shake out your tents and Motorhomes, fluff your pillows, grab the kids and geodogs, and be ready for a another weekend of just too much fun!!!

Do you promise that there will be no fires this year. 000201DD.gif

I can promise it won't rain or snow. 00020263.gif

Put me down as a Chili Judge. :mad::D:D

I was on vacation, playing the slot machines. It was my first time in a casino and I wasn't sure how the machines operated.

"Excuse me."I said to a casino employee."How does this work?"

The worker showed me how to insert a bill, hit the spin button, and operate the release handle.

"And where does the money come out?"I asked.

He smiled and motioned to the far wall before saying,"Usually at the ATM."