*** This Just In***

RocketMan

This was spotted on the roads in Oklahoma today! Must be a loose red herring! I wonder if there is a jellybelly one also?

6411d10f-9c57-4c31-87be-7dcf68ff593b.jpg

Notice the Gas price of $379.9 !! The lowest I have seen on my trip is $3.65. See - it Pays to travel to areas where gas prices are less! ... or does it?

Glad you are having fun Dave. Gas is $4.59 at most stations around here at the moment... :angry:
70171903-8d82-44e9-be9d-1095dbeb1db7.jpg

Honk! Unless I miss my guess, that's Sawtooth Mountain in the background. If so, this is Peaceful Valley on the road to Buchanan Pass...

3150247b-8bff-4229-8f5c-cb70faebe83c.jpg

Harder to pinpoint this one, but those sure look like the hills west of Boulder -- perhaps near Gold Hill...

YUP! Spot on with Buchanan and the west of Boulder. Gold Hill would be 3.0 miles at a bearing of 50 degrees true.

b849d97f-9060-4905-9ce0-9f55e7365cf1.jpg

This just in ...

Panorama%20Woodson%20Overhang%201280.jpg

Tradition holds that everybody that climbs this mountain

must post a photo of this rock slab. Here's mine.

Somewhat suggestive of a horse-head, yes?

"I'll make him an offer he can't refuse."

Hey, don't go near my bedroom tonight.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Unicorn! ... that's good. I was thinking windblown forelock.

03134f5c-d624-4655-9416-d0be91f85b30.jpg

Now how about this, a two-frame pitchorama?

Fun to play with the Geocaching.com image-resizing feature.

My original is about 5,000 pixels high by 1,960 wide and every

grain of sand is sharply defined. Of course as posted it's only

600 pixels wide, losing sharpness from the rasterized reduction

of course.

Don't y' just love it when somebody says that they "Blew up ..."

a photo?

Edited by SD Rowdies
What silly thing have you done lately to get to a cache?

b03fc1b6-67c7-4756-bba1-a3f53a32b1eb.jpg

:P John, that stick would work a lot better if you stuck it down into the stream bed....

Yo, John, youda man. Sorry I wasn't with you,

I could have roped you cross-stream to the log.

From the Geocaching book of wisdom: All finds

are not equal.

By the way, weren't you supposed to walk out

on the log to make the grab? So now you're a

dark-brown-shoe guy.

Edited by SD Rowdies

I'd say that this goes beyond "silly" into the realm of "foolish". I've got enough white-water time to know that you won't get many chances in one lifetime to be stupid...

John, whenever you get cache-itus, please chant the following words over and over, "Passing Wind. D-Jollymon, Passing Wind, D-Jollymon..."

I'd say that this goes beyond "silly" into the realm of "foolish". I've got enough white-water time to know that you won't get many chances in one lifetime to be stupid...

John, whenever you get cache-itus, please chant the following words over and over, "Passing Wind. D-Jollymon, Passing Wind, D-Jollymon..."

Even so ...

444289e1-e1ba-4c2f-93f3-4c6accce2693.jpg

The wild-ride of Passing Wing and D-Jollymon is recognized as a defining chapter

in the folk culture of San Diego County Geocaching, yes?

Funny thing, read the most recent log entries on the following cache page.

Carl Jr's 500th Cache!!

Edited by SD Rowdies

Even so ...

444289e1-e1ba-4c2f-93f3-4c6accce2693.jpg

The wild-ride of Passing Wing and D-Jollymon is recognized as a defining chapter

in the folk culture of San Diego County Geocaching, yes?

Indeed!

Oddly enough, all of this has relevance over on the Carl Jr's 500th Cache!! cache page this evening. So John, feel free to make your own choices. Just be aware that Jodi and I will miss you if you choose unwisely...

:( I am just glad Miss Jodi didn't post all the pictures she took. I believe she will be holding them over my head to hold me in check for a while! Here is a quote from you James :

"The bottom line here is that, yes, some caches involve do risk to life and limb. Some caches require equipment, skills and knowledge that not every cacher has. In such cases, it is incumbant upon each cacher to have an understanding of their knowledge, skills and willingness to take on risk. There are no gurantees of sefety for any cache and thus any person attempting any cache must assess the possible risks and to decide whether to attempt the cache or to add it to their ignore list. "

I chose to go for this one and yes the water was oh my traveling fast ( and cold if you know what I mean :P ). I admit, I did not think of PassingWind or D-Jollymon, but I don't think it would of swayed my decision. Got the smiley! I would miss all of you too! :P

Edited by jahoadi and john

:anitongue::laughing: It looks way worse than it was. The funny part was seeing John's saggy white BVDs which I chose not to share with you all. :anicute: He didn't expect the water to be as high as it was.

Edited by jahoadi and john
:laughing: I am just glad Miss Jodi didn't post all the pictures she took. I believe she will be holding them over my head to hold me in check for a while! Here is a quote from you James :

"The bottom line here is that, yes, some caches involve do risk to life and limb. Some caches require equipment, skills and knowledge that not every cacher has. In such cases, it is incumbant upon each cacher to have an understanding of their knowledge, skills and willingness to take on risk. There are no gurantees of sefety for any cache and thus any person attempting any cache must assess the possible risks and to decide whether to attempt the cache or to add it to their ignore list. "

I chose to go for this one and yes the water was oh my traveling fast ( and cold if you know what I mean :anitongue: ). I admit, I did not think of PassingWind or D-Jollymon, but I don't think it would of swayed my decision. Got the smiley! I would miss all of you too! :(

Yeah, well, it was probably still "foolish". And yes, if I was in your shoes I may have made the same decision as you did. How do you think I became such an expert on being foolish in the first place...? :anicute:

I do know what you mean by "cold". My scr___m shrank just thinking about it... <_<:anibad:

Edited by Let's Look Over Thayer

The funny part was seeing John's saggy white BVDs which I chose not to share with you all.

Dear Jodi,

I've taken time to think the situation over with regard to your photograph of

John's soggy-white BVDs and with regard to an archival collection of photo-

graphs I have that show the many scrapes and bruises suffered by Passing

Wind when he and D-Jollymon were violently flushed down a drain by a rain-

storm. The PW photos are, I must say, somewhat revealing in an anatomical

sense. Here's what I think.

Put simply, if you'll show me your's I'll show you mine.

Taking into account the personalities of the local Geocachers that frequent

our San Diego Forum threads I also suspect that the level of general interest

in such photos might be high. ... you know, taking into account the personali-

ties of our local Geocachers that date back to the storm-drain incident.

Now I'm not claiming that the PW photos in question rival that infamous shot

of TT's busted-elbow surgery. Still they are pretty darned interesting. (Maybe

somebody can find and post the elbow-surgery shot as a refresher.)

What say,

Harmon

p.s. I pretty sure I still have those photos in my archive gallery. You go ahead

and I'll post mine as soon as I locate them. Trust me, have I ever lied to you?

Edited by SD Rowdies

The funny part was seeing John's saggy white BVDs which I chose not to share with you all.

Jodi,

Just imagine seeing John's soggy-white BVDs at the top of the forum page for months on end.

Please, I'm begging you! Don't do it! Think of the children!

Jodi,

Just imagine seeing John's soggy-white BVDs at the top of the forum page for months on end.

:lol: Not to worry...'ol Harmon can't trick me like that. Besides John still has a few more years to at least pretend the "officer and a gentleman" role.....so no soggy BVDs for all to see. But it was soooooooo funny!!!

Jodi,

"Think of the children" ... and that from one of the storm-drain guys his own self.

Sheesh!

Still, everything is possible with Photoshop CS3.

Edited by SD Rowdies