*** This Just In***

RocketMan

:D Maybe that will be my next series..micros at all the Dairy Queens. I could start with a fake cherry. The ideas are endless. at least Harmon and Piglet would love them. :D
I really liked the Banana Splits back when I was knee high to a frog! :D

26ed53b0-9c5b-4301-bd90-5b0c0888208c.jpg

Anybody else remember these guys?

I do!

Do you remember their song?

I don't, but could you hum a few bars?

OK I hummed a few bars. Now do you remember?

:D:D:D

Here's what I wanna know ...

PA010026b.jpg

How is it that Piglit looks so clean and unblemished while Geocaching? By the time I've scored one find my clothes are torn, my

arms are bleeding, my nose needs blowing, my hair is full of twigs and leaves, and my pants pockets are full of dirt and gravel.

It's not fair, no wait, ... this belongs on the Whiners Thread doesn't it?

Clean and unblemished??? I think you might want to check out the most recent cache my caching partner placed out {Cholla Sandwhiches}}, at least your not taking the sticker things internally!

Of course the human only posts the pictures of my good side, not these:

P4090025.jpg

Fishing for mud-pies

PB270005.jpg

You think my nose looks too big?

Of course if you take enough mid-hike naps along the trail and get your beauty rest while everyone else is searching for the cache you can be one step ahead of them:

PB270010.jpg

And of course those bags I carry aren't full of water and trade items, or even ammo cans, but all my doggie shampoos, coat enrichers, and make-up! Of course it all starts with lots of raw egg, very good for a nice sheen to your coat, try it sometime after caching, just ask at DQ, I am sure they have a raw egg sundae there.

:D Maybe that will be my next series..micros at all the Dairy Queens. I could start with a fake cherry. The ideas are endless. at least Harmon and Piglet would love them. :D
I really liked the Banana Splits back when I was knee high to a frog! :rolleyes:

26ed53b0-9c5b-4301-bd90-5b0c0888208c.jpg

Anybody else remember these guys?

I do!

Do you remember their song?

I don't, but could you hum a few bars?

OK I hummed a few bars. Now do you remember?

Warning!!!! Do not click this link unless you can handle this song once again! How many years did it take the first time to get it out of your memory! ARHHHHHHHHHH!!!

http://www.toontracker.com/bsplits/bsplitsra.htm

Nice work on the panoramas. Now do a three-sixty we can pan.

Harmon, 'tis the season for giving:

I have them in .mov format, but can't figure out how to make a link to them here or get them into my Photobucket account. Every time I upload to Photobucket, it converts it to some odd format {.flv} that doesn't work right.

Ohh well, they look cool to me when you rotate them around.

Maybe this will work:

Panoramic view in Crest

Seems to work!!!

OK, Camera used:

Olympus D560, no tripod, just a steady hand and some Kentucky windage while turning.

Programs to make panoramas:

The Panorama Factory v4.5

QuicktimePro v7 {for viewing}

or RealPlayer v10 {for viewing}

The above programs did all the work, especially the Panorama Factory, it is fully automated or you can nudge it if you want in manual mode. Just plug in the series of photos that you took and set the paramaters and off it goes!

Edited by CTYankee9

This just in ...

62946a66-076a-40f4-b286-f79990134a7f.jpg

Honk if you know where this is, a hearty but ever-so tasty lunch for Splashette and I. Yum!

The Dairy Queen in Rancho San Diego showing the aftermath when the cow refused to give

enough milk for the after-caching Sundaes?

You got it, that site was once the DQ RSD outlet, one of our favorite haunts!

From there one could sit at a window table and see the far-away trail heading up toward McGinty

saddle. That's one of the insider secrets known only to a few Geocachers. We called it "Our table."

The low-down dirty truth is that those bones are the bones of the DQ server that allowed the

Blizzard machine to run low on mix. We hate it when that happens as you can see. I tried to stop

Splashette but she went nuts and leveled the place. That girl is a terror when she doesn't get her

way.

I get along with Splashette quite well but it's all "Yes ma'am" and "Yes dear" as a day of Geocaching

goes along. Apparently my gentle nature has a calming effect on her thank goodness.

All in all it's my aim to be extra careful when in the presence of top-fight Geocachers, you know,

like knowing my place as a mere Sherpa and lowly understudy to the best in the game. You'll see

from the photo that I always stay a few strides behind Splashette and always at the ready to serve.

Yep, that's me having to gather up the bones.

In truth I hate gathering up bones 'cause it reminds me of my childhood days. One day th' hogs ate

my kid brother and I had t' fish his bones out of the hog trough. ... never did find his clavical. We

laid him to rest in pieces. Boy was I happy the next year after we had butchered and eaten the last

of that pen of hogs. It was a drag having my brother's name come up so often during grace.

Life is good,

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

Nice work on the panoramas. Now do a three-sixty we can pan.

Harmon, 'tis the season for giving:

I have them in .mov format, but can't figure out how to make a link to them here or get them into my Photobucket account. Every time I upload to Photobucket, it converts it to some odd format {.flv} that doesn't work right.

Ohh well, they look cool to me when you rotate them around.

Maybe this will work:

Panoramic view in Crest

Seems to work!!!

OK, Camera used:

Olympus D560, no tripod, just a steady hand and some Kentucky windage while turning.

Programs to make panoramas:

The Panorama Factory v4.5

QuicktimePro v7 {for viewing}

or RealPlayer v10 {for viewing}

The above programs did all the work, especially the Panorama Factory, it is fully automated or you can nudge it if you want in manual mode. Just plug in the series of photos that you took and set the paramaters and off it goes!

Long ago I developed an interest in panoramic photography. Early on there were no software applications for panoramic warping and stitching. Finally I encountered a guy stationed at the south pole that had developed some primitive warping and stitching routines and he furnished them to me. I used his primitive routines for a long time to produce my first panoramas. He placed a 360-degree panorama online that was taken from a small maintenance shack at the pole. It was really great to see shadows swinging completely around in longitude as the sun position changed.

Later I came across Photosvista and have been well served by that application. I generates a .ivr file with each panorama so one can place and play pannable 360-degree panoramas on a website.

While Beta testing Photoshop CS3 I was delighted to see that the Adobe team had added features for producing panoramas. I often shoot panoramas while on the trails, ridges, and peaks for Geocaching and for recreation.

Edited by SD Rowdies
This just in ...

Honk if you know where this is, a hearty but ever-so tasty lunch for Splashette and I. Yum!

:lol: Honk! It's the remains of the cow that got in the way of the same murderer that whacked Team Adelos!

Funny how I took the picture, but ended up in it!

If I read any more of Harmon's posts, I'll need to buy some hipboots, it's getting DEEP in here! :lol::laughing:

Splashette :blink:

This just in ...

:) Honk! It's the remains of the cow that got in the way of the same murderer that whacked Team Adelos!

If I read any more of Harmon's posts, I'll need to buy some hipboots, it's getting DEEP in here! :lol::)

Splashette :lol:

Missfire!

Edited by SD Rowdies
This just in ...

:) Honk! It's the remains of the cow that got in the way of the same murderer that whacked Team Adelos!

If I read any more of Harmon's posts, I'll need to buy some hipboots, it's getting DEEP in here! :lol::)

Splashette :lol:

Like I always said, Splashette is fast on her feet. It ain't everybody that can push a shutter button

and then dash into a picture before it winds up in the camera. What a woman!

Hip boots y' say? Why I oughta ... wish you a Merry Christmas Splashette darlin'.

Kiss-kiss,

Sweet ol' Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
This just in ...62946a66-076a-40f4-b286-f79990134a7f.jpg

Splashette :P

Like I always said, Splashette is fast on her feet. It ain't everybody that can push a shutter button

and then dash into a picture before it winds up in the camera. What a woman!

Hip boots y' say? Why I oughta ... wish you a Merry Christmas Splashette darlin'.

Hip boots? You mean those shiny black leather ones with a 4 inch spike heel and laces all the way up the back? :lol:

[Photos taken from the cache "Find Out Who Your Friends Are" near Crest. I know, but it has been quiet in here and it was wet out today, so no caching for me.

Nice panoramics. Even the clouds look good. Sometimes I have trouble with that. It gets even messier when taking one with traffic or waves involved. I took one in Rome and and two people walking along the road were walking at the same pace as i took photo's and they appeared in each shot. It actually created a cool affect.

at%20sea.jpg

A cool shot at sea. Guess my job.

round%20about%20in%20rome.jpg

Look at the people.

Otay%20range2.jpg

A local one.

Great panoramic work. Shooting and stitching multiple frames of moving objects can be challenging. Sure worked out for your ship panorama.

Panoramic shots are great for getting a lot of resolution into huge images.

So give us some details on your interest in and approach to panoramas.

Capturing people multiple times in a panorama is a neat trick. I once did a 360-degree with the same person appearing in each and every frame.

That prompted me to assemble a full three-sixty set of unrelated images in the form of an online virtual-tour thingy.

Maybe we should undertake a Geocaching panoramic-photo challenge. How about a panoramic shot of FATTBOY? Has anybody ever seen all of him

in the same frame? (Hi Bobby!) ;)

Here's my five-frame contribution. It wound up being framed as a huge print and placed in a Kahana condo.

Pano%20Haleakala%20Caldera%201280.jpg

Honk if you know where this is.

Edited by SD Rowdies
Great panoramic work. Shooting and stitching multiple frames of moving objects can be challenging. Sure worked out for your ship panorama.

Capturing people multiple times in a panorama is a neat trick. I once did a 360-degree with the same person appearing in each and every frame.

That prompted me to assemble a full three-sixty set of unrelated images in the form of an online virtual-tour thingy.

Maybe we should undertake a Geocaching panoramic-photo challenge. How about a panoramic shot of FATTBOY? Has anybody ever seen all of him

in the same frame? (Hi Bobby!) ;)

Here's my five-frame contribution.

Honk

in the same frame? (Hi Bobby!) B)

Here's my five-frame contribution.

Honk

Honk Mars ;)B)B)

This just in ...

e7cf025a-ff9e-4cb9-a9d8-c3ad9a49d438.jpg

HONK!

and thanks for the replace of cache Harmon. Although it was the third time missing, so I think a critter along those rocks enjoys the flavor of plastic or was gathering Xmas gifts for his family.

Janie makes sure that I'm a good little Geocacher. She's a great hiking companion.

Pano%20Carveacre%20Splashette.jpg

Just imagine with her and Steve's find-count that it was her first time to do the caches near Carveacre Wind Caves. I went along with her to keep her out of trouble. She's a true country gal so she darned near walked my legs off. 8.7 miles through the ruin of the fire-break that's been cut into the area near the wind caves.

This just in ...

e7cf025a-ff9e-4cb9-a9d8-c3ad9a49d438.jpg

HONK!

and thanks for the replace of cache Harmon. Although it was the third time missing, so I think a critter along those rocks enjoys the flavor of plastic or was gathering Xmas gifts for his family.

Janie makes sure that I'm a good little Geocacher. She's a great hiking companion.

Pano%20Carveacre%20Splashette.jpg

Those darned wood rats grab more small containers.

Just imagine with Janie and Steve's find-count that it was her first time to do the caches near Carveacre Wind Caves.

I went along with her to keep her out of trouble. She's a true country gal so she darned near walked my legs off,

8.7 miles including the ruinous fire-break that's been cut into the area near the wind caves.

On the same subject, my legs, what follows is an email exchange between Splashette and I. You'll see what I mean

about her mean streak.

My message to her -

"Janie dearest,

Last night while sitting beside Sandy and her computer I was struck with a major contraction of the big muscle

behind my right thighbone.

Boy did I ever jump up and start limping around while moaning and groaning. Sandy didn't say a word while I

carried on so you know now that my claim that she's tough on me is true.

You're laughing about my pain right now aren't you?

Poor old Harmon"

Her reply to me -

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Your Pal~"

See, just like I've always said "Y'all go on ahead without me. Don't worry about me, I'll be o.k. back here all by m'self."

Edited by SD Rowdies

1655ea19-2796-40e8-aaf5-3100b37d66a4.jpg

Splashette inside Rotten Tooth. In a small way the foreground shows what the recent firebreak has

done to the trails near Carveacre Wind Caves. A sweet thang inside a rotten tooth, ain't that weird?

91fdb819-0fc0-4a69-857b-966f6698e672.jpg

Baby-dragon rock, the Pedestal, another good reason to visit Carveacre Wind Caves.

34966ec5-e24a-4fc8-bb40-531dc6f8b435.jpg

Say, did I ever mention th' time that th' hogs ate m' kid brother?

58ba2895-905e-4f02-bc80-fe1b97ce2e64.jpg

Mother Nature's handiwork.

44ffb3a5-38b1-43d4-9aba-52401274f836.jpg

Another view of the same handiwork.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Harmon,

I love the pictures. Thanks for posting them. I'm glad you and Janie had fun on our little trail through the wind caves and across the expanses of slickrock. In these upcoming months, I hope more local cachers take advantage of the cooler weather to make that wonderful hike.

Those caches shore do git lonely . . . :anibad:

Harmon,

I love the pictures. Thanks for posting them. I'm glad you and Janie had fun on our little trail through the wind caves and across the expanses of slickrock. In these upcoming months, I hope more local cachers take advantage of the cooler weather to make that wonderful hike.

Those caches shore do git lonely . . . :anibad:

Your effort to encourage Geocachers to see the Wind Caves is paying off, slowly. I encouraged Baldy & Goldilocks to take the hike which they did with a friend. Their friend is an avid hiker and was delighted to see such an unusual and little-known area.

Harmon

This just in from Splashette ...

d3c45642-242d-4be6-b397-1c0f636f7f7b.jpg

Here's the first photo of the Squeeze adventure, featuring nothing-less than a FlagMan wheelie.

This image was shot into the sun and recovered by way of Photoshop Lesson 16. More to follow

from Splashette's images.

c6ae7c61-925e-4a0b-aa20-c0a686f0ff42.jpg

Another enhancement from Splashette by way of photo central.

bbc4e3d4-d805-4bf5-bc67-e46e2b7efe45.jpg

Pucker factor! :o

477d14e4-81cd-4d86-b374-7737ad35122e.jpg

Taking memorial photos are we? :anibad:

355af2e8-a338-4751-a60c-aee8579e6bfd.jpg

Uhmm ... details at eleven perhaps? :o

196eab6d-598a-43e5-8f33-6aa902bb8a93.jpg

Robyn, is that you? :o

4050019d-e29e-4a98-aa25-846807cfb893.jpg

Eighteen wheels and a dozen roses ... no problem. :o

Edited by SD Rowdies
This just in ...

2701aa6b-e018-4494-9017-24dfbdb7dc55.jpg

Honk! I recognized it right away.

That's the upside down Monte Carlo on the Tenaja Truck Trail in Temecula. I did that one back in October.

Nicely done, but why didn't you take me along last October?

Hiint: I spent October near Mt. Shasta.

Edited by SD Rowdies

355af2e8-a338-4751-a60c-aee8579e6bfd.jpg

Uhmm ... details at eleven perhaps? :unsure:

OK, it's January 11 - details please? <_<

Go to GC17Z5A and look at the picture's. This is Habu's jeep after it tried to play without lockers in the

differential. Thats my Toy Truck having fun pulling a jeep . It was a fun weekend. :unsure::(

Y' mean like this?

13f84326-7238-4f19-b90b-f9a12a7c78b2.jpg

Edited by SD Rowdies