*** This Just In***

RocketMan

This Just In...

Honk if you have watched paint dry!

Excellent!

Thanks, and here it is midnight and guess where I will be at O Dark 30 in less than 5 hours :lol: hmmmmm any ideas???

Horsethief Canyon Staging Area! Haw-haw-haw!

Edited by SD Rowdies

This Just In...

Honk if you have watched paint dry!

Excellent!

Thanks, and here it is midnight and guess where I will be at O Dark 30 in less than 5 hours :lol: hmmmmm any ideas???

Horsethief Canyon Staging Area! Haw-haw-haw!

Correctomundo, just got back!

Edited by CTYankee9

I just noticed this picture on the GeoCaching home page banner...it looked strikingly like another picture that I remembered being taken about a year ago (Check the tree trunks -- the resemblance is almost spooky...) Oddly enough, both were taken by the same person. (Guess who's always walking in the back...? :lol: )

Balboa Park

e48aa84d-fbed-4f24-8743-ba15bd7cf7e6.jpg

Blue Sky Preserve

353a28f1-141f-41c2-95a8-0d420366fe16.jpg

Honk if you know the local cacher who took both pictures!

Edited by Let's Look Over Thayer
I just noticed this picture on the GeoCaching home page banner...it looked strikingly like another picture that I remembered being taken about a year ago (Check the tree trunks -- the resemblance is almost spooky...) Oddly enough, both were taken by the same person. (Guess who's always walking in the back...? :lol: )

Balboa Park

e48aa84d-fbed-4f24-8743-ba15bd7cf7e6.jpg

Blue Sky Preserve

353a28f1-141f-41c2-95a8-0d420366fe16.jpg

Honk if you know the local cacher who took both pictures!

Honk!! First time I have ever honked!! (this is John) I say Karen (Miragee) It is the 3CDs and you Jim (Mr. LLOT) in the pictures.

Honk!! First time I have ever honked!! (this is John) I say Karen (Miragee) It is the 3CDs and you Jim (Mr. LLOT) in the pictures.

Well-spotted...

(And congratulations on your first Honk...) :D

Congratulations John, your first honk was also a FTH.

Edited by SD Rowdies
Edit: Launch scrubbed for today. There will be another attempt tomorrow.

If you are sitting bored at work and want to check out an Atlas Launch, check out the live webcast on this site: http://www.ulalaunch.com/index_webcast.html

It's scheduled to launch at 9:15 am CO time.

01.jpg

03.jpg

I would have watched it but I was on a plane all day flying back from Maryland. I'll post a few photos in a bit....

I was in Maryland this week and I got a chance to visit a few caches. I did this virtual in Glen Echo Park. The park operated from 1898-1968. I went to it as a little kid but I only sort of remember going there. Anyhow, I went there this week to do a virtual and enjoy walking around a cool park. It is a National Park and traditionals are not allowed on NPS land so the locals placed virtuals in these parks. Of course virtuals are not allowed anymore but this one and many others in the area were placed before the ban. I'm glad they were! They were all very cool spots to visit! Here are a few photos of Glen Echo Park:

img4519yw5.jpg

img4513yf0.jpg

img4510xv6.jpg

img4514hp4.jpg

img4517to8.jpg

Here is a creek that flows through the park:

img4509ey7.jpg

Cool pics! :) Welcome back! :)
Thanks Miragee. I went out the next day too and hiked along the C&O Canal but stupidly forgot my camera. I would have had some great scenery photos and a few cool ones for the critter thread. I saw some huge snapping turtles swiming in the canel and huge blue herons. I got within three feet of one when flushed it from it's resting spot along the shore.

It is interesting to note that if I lived in that area I would have to get a new GPS with a SirfStarIII chip. It was a struggle caching with my 60CS. The trees along the Potomac river are 100'-150' tall and they are thick. It was nice and cool under them but my GPS kept losing reception. My GPS seemed to hold the reception but wouldn't reaquire if it lost reception. So I kept having to walk over to a clearing to reaquire the satellites. Of course, it made it more of a challenge which was kind of fun too but it would get old after awhile if I lived in a place like this. :)

Edited by TrailGators
It was nice and cool under them but my GPS kept losing reception. My GPS seemed to hold the reception but wouldn't reaquire if it lost reception. So I kept having to walk over to a clearing to reaquire the satellites.

We had a similar experience in England. On more than one occasion, we had to find a nearby clearing, take a bearing and do our best to pace out the distance...

That was my fault, I didn't realize what answer J&J were looking for.
So it's Angel?

Nope, Angel is very much a she (though where she was most of that event, I'm not sure). You were close with your answer of "Lil Devil", very close, but not right.

I thought J&J were looking for the answer Lil Devil, that's why I gave the hint GW6. That's what is misleading.

Honk if you know who this geo-celeb is that we met this weekend at Lake Tahoe. The ladies are Charlie Baltimore..a great team from Reno.

8e6a20d5-6ffc-4003-8867-3f88c255c089.jpg

Hemlock?

B)B) Nope......it's actually Lil Devil........................Angel was there too!
That means I win! :angry: Edited by TrailGators

This just in ... a scoop for Team Geobabes.

b0d38387-1aa3-44ce-852c-878178ef3162.jpg

Look who jumped out of the bushes and scared the Geobabes. Here's proof positive that T.R. Violin is up and about after his surgery and already doing a few finds and wearing brand-new boots. Doesn't he look great? An what about those two Geobabes as well? Life is good.

Honk if you know where this is.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Beep, beep - that's at the "Cinnimon Roll" cache (GC13M5C) in Santee!!! (Our first honk - FTH?!)

Exactly, and yes, your first FTH to go with the companion FTF. Congratulations. You two are coming on strong as predicted.

I kind of expected that somebody might guess R.J. Donovan State Prison except that the yard wall is too short and that they actually use cactus gardens for landscaping at Donovan.

Edited by SD Rowdies

I just spent over 2 hours at work checking out all the great photos and photoshop jobs. Very entertaining. You all look like fun people. I'll have to start taking more pictures. :laughing:

Nice to see a new user-name and, my gosh, did you go back through all of the pages of this thread?

Judging from your occupation as stated on your profile page you should feel right at home on the San Diego forum threads if y' know what I mean.

Two hours at work huh? Sounds like a few other Geocachers I could mention.

Edited by SD Rowdies