*** This Just In***

RocketMan

Been sitting by my dad's bedside at Scripps Memorial for three days. Sure reminded me of seeing BikeDog flown into that place in January 2006. Three days sitting in a visitor's chair so why is it that my neck that hurts so much?

Very sorry to hear that. :unsure: Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Sorry to hear about your dad, Harmon.... :blink:

Thanks very much for the good wishes.

Basic issue is congestive heart falure at ninety-three years of age. Side effect this time around was fluid in his chest cavity making it hard for him to breath for the past week. Diuretic medicine into his IV reduced the fluid so that his breathing is somewhat normal once again. He'll get diuretic pills along with the other eight or nine pills he takes each day. Bottom line is that we took him to the hospital for a three-day pee and that dried out his chest cavity. Ain't medical science wonderful?

So was he delighted to feel better? As soon as I brought him home he lit up a huge cigar, a twice-a-day ritual along with a daily shot of whiskey. What else could you expect from an old horse-cavalry, mechanized cavalry, airborne trooper? Born in 1913 for crying out loud, in a west Texas dugout with dirt floor and sod roof. His family moved from Fluvana to Clayton Texas in an ox-drawn covered wagon, no foolin'.

Seems like I'm the one that's wasted from three days beside his bed in that danged visitor's chair.

Life is good,

Harmon

Sounds very moderate. Moderate is good... Glad to hear he's back home and smoking cigars. I hope I'm as lucky when I'm 93!

Been sitting by my dad's bedside at Scripps Memorial for three days. Sure reminded me of seeing BikeDog flown into that place in January 2006. Three days sitting in a visitor's chair so why is it that my neck that hurts so much?

Very sorry to hear that. :unsure: Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Sorry to hear about your dad, Harmon.... :blink:

Basic issue is congestive heart falure at ninety-three years of age. Side effect this time around was fluid in his chest cavity making it hard for him to breath for the past week. Diuretic medicine into his IV reduced the fluid so that his breathing is somewhat normal once again. He'll get diuretic pills along with the other eight or nine pills he takes each day. Bottom line is that we took him to the hospital for a three-day pee and that dried out his chest cavity. Ain't medical science wonderful?

So was he delighted to feel better? As soon as I brought him home he lit up a huge cigar, a twice-a-day ritual along with a daily shot of whiskey. What else could you expect from an old horse-cavalry, mechanized cavalry, airborne trooper? Born in 1913 for crying out loud, in a west Texas dugout with dirt floor and sod roof. His family moved from Fluvana to Clayton Texas in an ox-drawn covered wagon, no foolin'.

Seems like I'm the one that's wasted from three days beside his bed in that danged visitor's chair.

Life is good,

Harmon

Sounds very moderate. Moderate is good... Glad to hear he's back home and smoking cigars. I hope I'm as lucky when I'm 93!

Thank you Tom.

Moderation? Not really, alcohol abuse for most of his life nearly killed him three or four times and finally did moderate his intake thank goodness. It finally caught up with him enough to stop him. Side effect is that I don't drink or smoke ... except for breathing seconday smoke for most of my life. No complaints of course.

9a4e8713-7f11-41f2-999b-c52387b4a68c.jpg

Dear ol' dad on Dobbin at Fort Bliss.

0b18b64a-951b-4581-adaf-c4facb9dd885.jpg

112th Horse Cavalry, Fort Clark, Texas when he was a drill instructor in 1939. Nice back porch huh? See, we had electricity way back then and used pennies for blown fuses. Guess how big our TV screen was.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Very sorry to hear that. :D Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Sorry to hear about your dad, Harmon.... :wub:

Life is good,

Harmon

Thank you Tom.

Moderation? Not really, alcohol abuse for most of his life nearly killed him three or four times and finally did moderate his intake thank goodness. It finally caught up with him enough to stop him. Side effect is that I don't drink or smoke ... except for breathing seconday smoke for most of my life. No complaints of course.

9a4e8713-7f11-41f2-999b-c52387b4a68c.jpg

Dear ol' dad on Dobbin at Fort Bliss.

0b18b64a-951b-4581-adaf-c4facb9dd885.jpg

112th Horse Cavalry, Fort Clark, Texas when he was a drill instructor in 1939. Nice back porch huh? See, we had electricity way back then and used pennies for blown fuses. Guess how big our TV screen was.

No who's gunna be the first to 'shop dear ol' dad?!? You're livin' dangerously, Harmon! :wub:

Very sorry to hear that. :huh: Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Sorry to hear about your dad, Harmon.... ;)

Life is good,

Harmon

We wish you and your Father well...please let us know if we can help!

David and Sumrall

Very sorry to hear that. :huh: Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Sorry to hear about your dad, Harmon.... ;)

Life is good,

Harmon

We wish you and your Father well...please let us know if we can help!

David and Sumrall

Thanks pal,

I know that you recently endured a difficult loss. The good news is that my dear old dad seems much imroved by his stay at Scripps Memorial.

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
When the CITO/campout was rescheduled, our plans to participate were nixed. We had already committed to spend this weekend up north. It's a long way from the desert (both in distance and in climate) but this is where Ms. LLOT and I spent our weekend.

Marin Headlands

41750556-9558-42c5-98ac-54695e98b6f0.jpg

Nice photo LLOT.

Camo on one of Chuy's caches?

No lie! ... been there, done that and it was indeed "The Hills Be Singing."

"A fat duck" my foot, how about ten yards of boulders and PO? See, not every find is equal is it?

On the other hand I suppose poison oak doesn't show up that well in the wee hours does it? Just our luck, we get a Border-Patrol Geocacher.

Edited by SD Rowdies

This just in ...

a157e05e-d45e-43c9-9314-6d1806886e25.jpg

Scratch if you know what this is.

Looks like the area around this cache.

43b39361-db40-4d57-96f8-26837231b7bc.jpg

But, yes, it could also be around "The Hills Be Singing," a pile of rocks I got very familiar with . . . :lol:

For sure, I meant to relocate that hide but messed up and didn't have the coordinates loaded when I went on the meadows hike recently. I'm getting an itch just looking at that photo too much.

Edited by SD Rowdies
This just in .... from Splashette

Honk if you know where this is.

I don't know but that is funny! ;)

It's real funny when you read it......THEN you hit that dip, and you know exactly what they were trying to tell you! It is marked on both sides of the dip, TFTC has a beach house not far from there!

Oh, the picture of the bird up above, is a Turkey Vulture. obviously the Baja variety. There were quite a few of them sitting on the Saguaros. On hot afternoons they spread their wings out to cool off while sitting, its cool to see! This one was at K-26, South of San Felipe, on the sandy road to our secret beach!

Splashette :rolleyes:

Edited by RocketMan

I saw this bird while I out doing a few lunchtime caches today. It didn't really fit the Cache Critters thread though...

39643c2b-a2e8-4d12-a235-f6582e8025a6.jpg

Honk if you know what kind of bird this is. (Hint: Duncan! has a cache that is named for this bird...)

H-o-n-K! ... the B-24 Liberator manufactured in San Diego.

This just in ....

7ad223b3-e084-4451-82b8-527af54ab853.jpg

Splash Creature as water nymph, an exercise for our Photoshop experts. Post results on this thread.

Nice Shot. Makes you want to jump in and take a swim. RM

Hi dave, do you recall what water looks like in liquid state?

Edited by SD Rowdies

Hi dave, do you recall what water looks like in liquid state?

Yes I do as a matter of fact. ;)

Last Saturday

bd87ca36-cf54-4b37-9a1a-dcb8f2769f2c.jpg

Whoa, the meltdown came early this year huh? Must be that Global Warming thingy.

I'm tempted to 'shop into the shadows a bit.

Edited by SD Rowdies
This just in ....

7ad223b3-e084-4451-82b8-527af54ab853.jpg

Splash Creature as water nymph, an exercise for our Photoshop experts. Post results on this thread.

Nice Shot. Makes you want to jump in and take a swim. RM

I would like it noted that those giant clodhoppers in the foreground are not mine! :D

Said owner of 'clodhoppers' was running around on the rock taking pictures and ...funny......forgot to

post HIS pictures in the water ;) Seems only fair........and....yes the water was nice! :D

Splashette :D

Said owner of 'clodhoppers' was running around on the rock taking pictures and ...funny......forgot to

post HIS pictures in the water ;) Seems only fair........and....yes the water was nice! :D

Splashette :D

O well, OK, here's Splashette's shot of me.

82163ee2-ff4b-4cb4-89c0-f4dcdb7b74d0.jpg

Edited by SD Rowdies

A small teaser for some upcoming caches:

P5020023.jpg

Miragee checking out a round rock

P5020025.jpg

Up close

P5020026.jpg

Hmmm whats in here?

P5020029.jpg

A "Backbone" of injected rock

P5020032.jpg

Miragee

P5020035.jpg

Ferns growing in a protected little alcove

P5020039.jpg

The 'shroom in full glory

P5020043.jpg

Another view

P5020044.jpg

Gaskill in the background

P5020045.jpg

Ok, I saw a camel, you decide!

There is another part in the Cache Events forum...

Wonderful camera work here too. Of course I wont be able to resist 'shopping one or two of them if you don't mind.

Feel free to adjust for the public good :unsure: !

No, quite honestly just for my own entertainment. Here's Miragee with a bit more snap if you can imagine that.

ba4ec596-97c2-4e1c-97ef-7ab6a9edb9ea.jpg

75ea4a19-42c1-4b97-be29-33760d2dce0f.jpg

I really like the way you handled the two exposures of the camel boulder. What works really well is to shoot two shots with the exact same composition, one exposed for the sky and another exposed for the boulder and then apply Photoshop blending options to blend the best elements of each shot.

I love it when you guys use your cameras, that way we get to "go along" with you. Keep up the good work.

Edited by SD Rowdies