*** This Just In***

RocketMan

62630a4a-af4c-47cd-b4b1-94e633f17e1f.jpg

Alright Harmon - I asked all of your friends in the group where you got the bunched sock obsession and no one seemed to know anything about it. Unbunched socks were fine by them. :rolleyes:

Harmon!

I have your back...un-bunched socks are just plain wrong!

The only thing worse is socks with sandals or black un-bunched with any kind of shorts.

Thanks for your support. Clearly you are a right-thinking man of good breeding.

Wait a minute, ain't y'all from Oklahoma?

Edited by SD Rowdies

Alright Harmon - I asked all of your friends in the group where you got the bunched sock obsession and no one seemed to know anything about it. Unbunched socks were fine by them. :rolleyes:

Harmon!

The only thing worse is socks with sandals or black un-bunched with any kind of shorts.

Ok Harmon - Tell us about your "cool" sandals with the farmer tan lines! The "flock of birds-of-a-feather" were talking. ;)

Harmon!

Ok Harmon - Tell us about your "cool" sandals with the farmer tan lines! The "flock of birds-of-a-feather" were talking. ;)

Yeah, well , o.k. I admit it, once I had a really dorky tan line.

b29da4be-cdcc-4502-b296-2aedb8b05885.jpg

Harmon!

My wife is a Sooner...I was born @ Grossmont Hospital.

those are the 2006 CA geocoin. although my camera skills are lacking. they are fantastic in your hand. i really think the LE is worth it.

they will be at the campout on the 21 and the pizza event on the 29

What's LE? Also how much are they? I'll probably get one of blue ones at the campout.

only one???

OK maybe two! :rolleyes:
those are the 2006 CA geocoin. although my camera skills are lacking. they are fantastic in your hand. i really think the LE is worth it.

they will be at the campout on the 21 and the pizza event on the 29

What's LE? Also how much are they? I'll probably get one of blue ones at the campout.

only one???

OK maybe two! :anicute:

I'll take two too (no, not my tu-tu) at the campout if you have any extras. There's a lot of coins out there but the nice ones are worth buying.

We just returned from a month in Australia and New Zealand. In NZ we spent 3 weeks driving from the tip of the north island to the bottom of the south island. We stayed in wonderful B&Bs and cached (105 total) in and between cities. The caches took us to places we would have missed. We are not much on touristy things (very expensive) but feel we got to know the country even better through caching and staying at family B&Bs. Anyone who is planning to go to AU/NZ and wants caching or B&B information, we would be glad to help.

407e60ce-eede-48c1-9543-db2636687005.jpg

caching in beautiful New Zealand

671c8542-ffb0-4a20-af47-a6c6241610b6.jpg

fence with remains of worn out cachers, cache was in boot

We just returned from a month in Australia and New Zealand. In NZ we spent 3 weeks driving from the tip of the north island to the bottom of the south island. We stayed in wonderful B&Bs and cached (105 total) in and between cities. The caches took us to places we would have missed. We are not much on touristy things (very expensive) but feel we got to know the country even better through caching and staying at family B&Bs. Anyone who is planning to go to AU/NZ and wants caching or B&B information, we would be glad to help.

407e60ce-eede-48c1-9543-db2636687005.jpg

caching in beautiful New Zealand

671c8542-ffb0-4a20-af47-a6c6241610b6.jpg

fence with remains of worn out cachers, cache was in boot

O wow! how thrilling, Sally on "*** This Just In ***." That hasn't happened since the pregnant mapping shot.

Good for you for seeing things down under. Love the shoe-fence, you should duplicate that one here. Watch your left foot by the way, you're about to step on your Garmin.

You look fabulous sweet lady. How do you keep so trim and so beautiful?

Welcome home,

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
*** This Just In *** - I am just getting around to loggin the desert caches. Here are a couple of shots, one from the Campout and one from the CITO event:

594b4656-300d-46bf-845d-e46b96c16ebe.jpg

Did you drink too much beer the night before cause your vest won't button all the way down..... :P

Nice job on the socks Dave! I think the sock police will leave you alone! :P

*** This Just In *** - I am just getting around to loggin the desert caches. Here are a couple of shots, one from the Campout and one from the CITO event:

Did you drink too much beer the night before cause your vest won't button all the way down..... :P

Small Vest. :P

Small Vest. :P

The top buttoned OK.... :P I left my vest unbuttoned for that reason. :P
I've added your name to the list for possible San Diego County Unbunched Sock Police Poster Boy of 2006.

Maybe you could do calendar...

I can picture it now (and, believe me, I'm trying desperately to get this image out of my head :unsure: ): SD Geocacher Bunched Sock Calendar Boys of 2007 -- 12 pages of FlagMan, FattBoy, Harmon, Trailgators, et al. in their birthday suits with bunched socks and strategically placed geocaches. ;)

It could be a fund-raiser. I know that I'd pay quite a bit to not get a copy. :)

I've added your name to the list for possible San Diego County Unbunched Sock Police Poster Boy of 2006.

I can picture it now (and, believe me, I'm trying desperately to get this image out of my head :unsure: ): SD Geocacher Bunched Sock Calendar Boys of 2007 -- 12 pages of FlagMan, FattBoy, Harmon, Trailgators, et al. in their birthday suits with bunched socks and strategically placed geocaches. ;)

It could be a fund-raiser. I know that I'd pay quite a bit to not get a copy. :)

O.k., so now we need eight more names and some organization. Who's the turkey that will be Mr. November for example?

Edited by SD Rowdies

I can picture it now (and, believe me, I'm trying desperately to get this image out of my head :unsure: ): SD Geocacher Bunched Sock Calendar Boys of 2007 -- 12 pages of FlagMan, FattBoy, Harmon, Trailgators, et al. in their birthday suits with bunched socks and strategically placed geocaches. :)

It could be a fund-raiser. I know that I'd pay quite a bit to not get a copy. ;)

O.k., so now we need eight more names and some organization. Who will be Mr. November for example?

We could be like the Red Hot Chili Peppers and wear a sock on.........ummm.......on our thing that sounds like pepper.... :)

I can picture it now (and, believe me, I'm trying desperately to get this image out of my head ;) ): SD Geocacher Bunched Sock Calendar Boys of 2007 -- 12 pages of FlagMan, FattBoy, Harmon, Trailgators, et al. in their birthday suits with bunched socks and strategically placed geocaches. :)

Great idea! :) I'm willing to donate ten "ready-to-hide" film canister caches and two decon containers to your noble cause... :):unsure:

~Jess

I can picture it now (and, believe me, I'm trying desperately to get this image out of my head :D ): SD Geocacher Bunched Sock Calendar Boys of 2007 -- 12 pages of FlagMan, FattBoy, Harmon, Trailgators, et al. in their birthday suits with bunched socks and strategically placed geocaches. :)

Great idea! :D I'm willing to donate ten "ready-to-hide" film canister caches and two decon containers to your noble cause... :):)

~Jess

Don't get too excited! I think nano containers will pretty much cover things up. :D

:unsure:;):)

I can picture it now (and, believe me, I'm trying desperately to get this image out of my head ;) ): SD Geocacher Bunched Sock Calendar Boys of 2007 -- 12 pages of FlagMan, FattBoy, Harmon, Trailgators, et al. in their birthday suits with bunched socks and strategically placed geocaches. :)

Great idea! :) I'm willing to donate ten "ready-to-hide" film canister caches and two decon containers to your noble cause... :):unsure:

~Jess

Devil don't make me do it ... post a particular YMS card layout submitted in a contest of yore.

I can picture it now (and, believe me, I'm trying desperately to get this image out of my head :) ): SD Geocacher Bunched Sock Calendar Boys of 2007 -- 12 pages of FlagMan, FattBoy, Harmon, Trailgators, et al. in their birthday suits with bunched socks and strategically placed geocaches. :)

Great idea! :) I'm willing to donate ten "ready-to-hide" film canister caches and two decon containers to your noble cause... :);)

~Jess

Two hours, fifty three minutes...

I knew this was coming. It was just a matter of waiting for someone to say it... :unsure:

Great idea! :D I'm willing to donate ten "ready-to-hide" film canister caches and two decon containers to your noble cause... :D:unsure:

~Jess

Don't get too excited! I think nano containers will pretty much cover things up. :D

:):):)

Why I oughta ....

I can picture it now (and, believe me, I'm trying desperately to get this image out of my head :( ): SD Geocacher Bunched Sock Calendar Boys of 2007 -- 12 pages of FlagMan, FattBoy, Harmon, Trailgators, et al. in their birthday suits with bunched socks and strategically placed geocaches. :P

Great idea! :) I'm willing to donate ten "ready-to-hide" film canister caches and two decon containers to your noble cause... :P:(

~Jess

I was told that this calendar is also going to include some women geocachers..... :):P:P

I can picture it now (and, believe me, I'm trying desperately to get this image out of my head :( ): SD Geocacher Bunched Sock Calendar Boys of 2007 -- 12 pages of FlagMan, FattBoy, Harmon, Trailgators, et al. in their birthday suits with bunched socks and strategically placed geocaches. :P

Great idea! :) I'm willing to donate ten "ready-to-hide" film canister caches and two decon containers to your noble cause... :P:(

~Jess

I was told that this calendar is also going to include some women geocachers..... :):P:P

Anybody have the guts to do it? - or do we have to rely on Harmon's magic?

I can picture it now (and, believe me, I'm trying desperately to get this image out of my head :( ): SD Geocacher Bunched Sock Calendar Boys of 2007 -- 12 pages of FlagMan, FattBoy, Harmon, Trailgators, et al. in their birthday suits with bunched socks and strategically placed geocaches. :)

Great idea! :D I'm willing to donate ten "ready-to-hide" film canister caches and two decon containers to your noble cause... :):P

~Jess

I was told that this calendar is also going to include some women geocachers..... :P:(:P

That's bold talk for someone that "said" they were going to do Compromising Positions, but never did! :P:P

I can picture it now (and, believe me, I'm trying desperately to get this image out of my head :P ): SD Geocacher Bunched Sock Calendar Boys of 2007 -- 12 pages of FlagMan, FattBoy, Harmon, Trailgators, et al. in their birthday suits with bunched socks and strategically placed geocaches. :)

Great idea! :) I'm willing to donate ten "ready-to-hide" film canister caches and two decon containers to your noble cause... :P:P

~Jess

I was told that this calendar is also going to include some women geocachers..... :D:P:(

That's bold talk for someone that "said" they were going to do Compromising Positions, but never did! :P:(

Can I use a photo of me from the 1950s?

That's bold talk for someone that "said" they were going to do Compromising Positions, but never did! :):P

For the last ten months, it's been kind of hard to do. :P Cache maintenance is needed. LLOT is ready and willing if y'all can convince Redrox to reenable it...(C4 has also promised to do it...)

I was actually talking about the person that was daring us to actually go through with Harmon and Jess's idea..... :(

As far Compromising Positions, Redrox could just post all the coords and the photo you need to post for each spot. But I think the reason it is disabled now is because the final cache container was muggled. :(

I can picture it now (and, believe me, I'm trying desperately to get this image out of my head :D ): SD Geocacher Bunched Sock Calendar Boys of 2007 -- 12 pages of FlagMan, FattBoy, Harmon, Trailgators, et al. in their birthday suits with bunched socks and strategically placed geocaches. :)

Great idea! :) I'm willing to donate ten "ready-to-hide" film canister caches and two decon containers to your noble cause... :P:P

~Jess

I was told that this calendar is also going to include some women geocachers..... :D:P:(

That's bold talk for someone that "said" they were going to do Compromising Positions, but never did! :P:(

Can I use a photo of me from the 1950s?

Can I use a photo of Harmon from the 50s too? :P

That's bold talk for someone that "said" they were going to do Compromising Positions, but never did! :laughing::laughing:

For the last ten months, it's been kind of hard to do. :laughing: Cache maintenance is needed. LLOT is ready and willing if y'all can convince Redrox to reenable it...(C4 has also promised to do it...)

I was actually talking about the person that was daring us to actually go through with Harmon and Jess's idea..... :laughing:

As far Compromising Positions, Redrox could just post all the coords and the photo you need to post for each spot. But I think the reason it is disabled now is because the final cache container was muggled. :laughing:

Darn....it was muggled! :blink: Hmmm...somebody will just have to create a new one. Harmon you better get to work on that calendar...and yes...by all means a picture from the 50's, however, you do have to include one from the present too! I think that would actually sell more calendars! (the pic from the present that is) :blink:

That's bold talk for someone that "said" they were going to do Compromising Positions, but never did! :laughing::laughing:

For the last ten months, it's been kind of hard to do. :laughing: Cache maintenance is needed. LLOT is ready and willing if y'all can convince Redrox to reenable it...(C4 has also promised to do it...)

I was actually talking about the person that was daring us to actually go through with Harmon and Jess's idea..... :laughing:

As far Compromising Positions, Redrox could just post all the coords and the photo you need to post for each spot. But I think the reason it is disabled now is because the final cache container was muggled. :laughing:

Darn....it was muggled! :blink: Hmmm...somebody will just have to create a new one. Harmon you better get to work on that calendar...and yes...by all means a picture from the 50's, however, you do have to include one from the present too! I think that would actually sell more calendars! (the pic from the present that is) :blink:

Well. how about this ... the calendar pages will cover 1955.

On a more serious note, here's a few questions to test the seriousness of this crazy idea.

A. Should it be an honor to be a calendar person or not?

B. What criteria and procedure will be used to select the twelve calendar people?

C. How will honorees feel about having their photo broadcast over the Internet? If produced only in printed form there's zero chance that the photos won't be scanned and broadcast over the internet.

D. Photography? For a decent result studio lightng and photography should be used so how and by whom?

E. Should it be a "hunk" or a "miscreate" calender? Hah! what a silly question ... no hunks!

F. Wouldn't it be smarter to produce the calendar in digital form to avoid investment risk?

Forget the questions, now that I think about it this effort can move forward only with volunteers. Perhaps there should be twelve volunteers selected, no two born in the same month. For two or more volunteers wanting the same month we can conduct a straw vote. Photo layouts should emphasize Geocaching of course.

So let's hear from the miscreate boys and girls amongst us ... any volunteers for your own birthday month? When volunteering do specify where you want your photo shoot to take place?

VOLUNTEER LIST:

Mr. December: Harmon of SD Rowdies, photo shoot at "La Fantasma de los Cruces" cache.

VOLUNTEER LIST:

Mr. December: Harmon of SD Rowdies, photo shoot at "La Fantasma de los Cruces" cache.

Having kind of kicked off this whole crazy idea, I suppose it would be rude of me not to participate...

...so, I would be willing to volunteer for August, location TBD.

(On the other hand, if there is some other "August" who wants the "honor" I will stand aside...)

Geocaching: a new experience every day... :laughing: