*** This Just In***

RocketMan

This just in ....

0022341d-028c-47d2-88ca-590605ed03f8.jpg

You meet the nicest people when out along the trail. Honk if you know who this is.

Honk Honk!

But, then again, I just ran into her yesterday as she gave up on one of my caches...

O, so she's been going out with you too? Why I oughta ....

Edited by SD Rowdies

This just in ....

You meet the nicest people when out along the trail. Honk if you know who this is.

Honk Honk!

But, then again, I just ran into her yesterday as she gave up on one of my caches...

No, I oughta...

She stayed in her car with the engine runnin so I didn't get to put the squeeze on like you did! :laughing:

This just in ....

Honk Honk!

No, I oughta...

She stayed in her car with the engine runnin so I didn't get to put the squeeze on like you did! :laughing:

Harmon, You have nothing to worry about. I haven't seen an IHO: Cornerstone4 cache yet. :lol:

This just in ....

f6c3f909-9e34-42ca-9335-129a9d36e3a9.jpg

Honk Honk!

No, I oughta...

Harmon, You have nothing to worry about. I haven't seen an IHO: Cornerstone4 cache yet. :lol:

Good point. The truth is that I'm so old now that every gal sees me as a grampa or great grampa so I'm viewed as a harmless squeeze.

Anyway, ain't she th' sweetest thang?

Edited by SD Rowdies

*** This Just In *** - Rocket Man is no Longer Paperless - Crap - Read Story Here:

Bummer. That is a painful picture to look at because it looks like the same model Palm I have. :laughing: Now you can add your story and picture to the Palm Graveyard.

A few years ago, I found a hard metal case for my Palm -- for cheap -- at BigLots! Since I have dropped the Palm a few times while juggling it, my walking stick, and the GPSr, I have been very thankful for that now-dented and scratched case.

The good news is, you can get a new Palm on eBay for a relatively-small investment -- less than an insurance deductible for replacing more expensive units.

It's a Palm M515 color. It has always been great for caching and it works good in direct sunlight. I priced a new one and they are still getting $200 for them on the web. I priced fixing it and it was about $170. I ended up buying a used on on eBay for $50. I should have it next week. I hope it's not thrashed. RM

f12b694b-6026-46cf-ae1f-a067b113eab9.jpg

Holy croak! you really meant RED.

By the way, you are causing a lot of stress for $kimmer with that ride.

It is called Flame Red and I think $kimmer needs to listen to The Vulture and go with the 2006! :laughing:

Cool, now you need some flame artwork along the sides. That's an interestng sentence you wrote with $kimmer's name in it. Want to start a pool on their Rubi' year and color to be? I've got five bucks on 2007 and red.

By the way, you sure did a good job of scraping the snow off of it for the photo.

Edited by SD Rowdies

It is called Flame Red and I think $kimmer needs to listen to The Vulture and go with the 2006! :laughing:

Cool, now you need some flame artwork along the sides. That's an interestng sentence you wrote with $kimmer's name in it. Want to start a pool on their Rubi' year and color to be?

By the way, you sure did a good job of scraping the snow off of it for the photo.

It's funny you said that because the Dealer sprayed the snow off just before we got there.

I vote 2007 Red.

Holy croak! you really meant RED. By the way, you are causing a lot of stress for $kimmer with that ride.

Cool, now you need some flame artwork along the sides. That's an interesting sentence you wrote with $kimmer's name in it. Want to start a pool on their Rubi' year and color to be?

It's funny you said that because the Dealer sprayed the snow off just before we got there.

I vote 2007 Red.

! also heard that you got it all tricked out with some special features. You know, like a new PDA and sunglasses.

Edited by SD Rowdies

It is called Flame Red and I think $kimmer needs to listen to The Vulture and go with the 2006! :o

We can't wait to see it with a Moab red rock background!!!!!!!! :anicute::wub::huh:

Steve & Janie

It is called Flame Red and I think $kimmer needs to listen to The Vulture and go with the 2006! :o

We can't wait to see it with a Moab red rock background!!!!!!!! :anicute::wub::huh:

Steve & Janie

More photos and I can arrange that.

This just in ....

Honk Honk!

No, I oughta...

She stayed in her car with the engine runnin so I didn't get to put the squeeze on like you did! B)

Harmon, You have nothing to worry about. I haven't seen an IHO: Cornerstone4 cache yet. B)

Ok, maybe Harmon should start to worry now...an IHO: Cornerstone4 cache just listed. :)

This just in ....

Honk Honk!

No, I oughta...

She stayed in her car with the engine runnin so I didn't get to put the squeeze on like you did! :wub:

Harmon, You have nothing to worry about. I haven't seen an IHO: Cornerstone4 cache yet. :wub:

Ok, maybe Harmon should start to worry now...an IHO: Cornerstone4 cache just listed. :unsure:

O man, talk about begging for one. Now don't you feel ashamed of yourself?

Edited by SD Rowdies

This just in ....

Honk Honk!

No, I oughta...

She stayed in her car with the engine runnin so I didn't get to put the squeeze on like you did! :rolleyes:

Harmon, You have nothing to worry about. I haven't seen an IHO: Cornerstone4 cache yet. :huh:

Ok, maybe Harmon should start to worry now...an IHO: Cornerstone4 cache just listed. :D

Well, I'd use one of those blushing smiley faces...but I don't think anyone would buy it. [:D]

This just in ....

Honk Honk!

No, I oughta...

She stayed in her car with the engine runnin so I didn't get to put the squeeze on like you did! :rolleyes:

Harmon, You have nothing to worry about. I haven't seen an IHO: Cornerstone4 cache yet. :huh:

Ok, maybe Harmon should start to worry now...an IHO: Cornerstone4 cache just listed. :D

Well, I'd use one of those blushing smiley faces...but I don't think anyone would buy it. [:D]

Congratulations by the way.

Those snow pictures look familiar as I look out the window at the snow coming down. Thanks for sharing the snow shots TG and Harmon. RM

Edit: Did you find a place to sled Pat?

Sort of... :rolleyes: We drove a long time before finding a spot with a nice hill that didn't have barb wire fence around it. There were about 20 cars parked along the side of the road. When we pulled up a cop had his megaphone on and told everyone to pull farther off the road because they were blocking the road. So I swung around and parked way over off the road but kept my left side tires on dry pavement. We grabbed our sleds and booked up the hill. When I got to the top, I sat in my sled and sunk straight down. Rhonda and Alyssa started laughing at me. :( The snow was that thick wet stuff and was about a foot deep so it was tough to sled on. So I used my arms and propelled myself down the hill a little bit at a time. There was one spot where I actually went about 8 feet without pushing myself! Woo Hoo! I told Rhonda and Alyssa to follow my deep track. But then another cop came by and told everyone to leave because by that time there were 30 cars and some new moroffs were blocking the road again. He said he was going to start writing tickets and he pulled behind my truck! So I grabbed my sled and ran down to my truck before he could give me a ticket. I talked to the cop for a little bit. He said I was OK but he was clearing out the area and sending people back towards Santa Isabel because Julian was a parking lot! So we headed back towards Santa Isabel. But didn't find any good spots. On the way back to Ramona the solid line of cars heading up to Julian extended about 5 miles past Santa Isabel! B) The bottom line is that you need to know somebody out there with some land if you want to go sledding...... Anyhow, it was a cool drive! :tired:

Those snow pictures look familiar as I look out the window at the snow coming down. Thanks for sharing the snow shots TG and Harmon. RM

Sort of... :) We drove a long time before finding a spot with a nice hill that didn't have barb wire fence around it. There were about 20 cars parked along the side of the road. When we pulled up a cop had his megaphone on and told everyone to pull farther off the road because they were blocking the road. So I swung around and parked way over off the road but kept my left side tires on dry pavement. We grabbed our sleds and booked up the hill. When I got to the top, I sat in my sled and sunk straight down. Rhonda and Alyssa started laughing at me. :) The snow was that thick wet stuff and was about a foot deep so it was tough to sled on. So I used my arms and propelled myself down the hill a little bit at a time. There was one spot where I actually went about 8 feet without pushing myself! Woo Hoo! I told Rhonda and Alyssa to follow my deep track. But then another cop came by and told everyone to leave because by that time there were 30 cars and some new moroffs were blocking the road again. He said he was going to start writing tickets and he pulled behind my truck! So I grabbed my sled and ran down to my truck before he could give me a ticket. I talked to the cop for a little bit. He said I was OK but he was clearing out the area and sending people back towards Santa Isabel because Julian was a parking lot! So we headed back towards Santa Isabel. But didn't find any good spots. On the way back to Ramona the solid line of cars heading up to Julian extended about 5 miles past Santa Isabel! :anicute: The bottom line is that you need to know somebody out there with some land if you want to go sledding...... Anyhow, it was a cool drive! :anicute:

6a42307d-6444-4de1-8f03-641f2c0fde16.jpg

cf5bd745-5348-440d-bedb-735f8bedccd4.jpg

Hey Pat, Brandon and I went to Julian too. What a madhouse! We saw the cops chasing everyone away so we just turned around and ended up at the chocolate factory in Wynola.

When we got there, the owner was still clearing the parking lot and there were just a couple cars. As you can see from the photo, this place ended up popular too.

Sort of... :) We drove a long time before finding a spot with a nice hill that didn't have barb wire fence around it. There were about 20 cars parked along the side of the road. When we pulled up a cop had his megaphone on and told everyone to pull farther off the road because they were blocking the road. So I swung around and parked way over off the road but kept my left side tires on dry pavement. We grabbed our sleds and booked up the hill. When I got to the top, I sat in my sled and sunk straight down. Rhonda and Alyssa started laughing at me. :) The snow was that thick wet stuff and was about a foot deep so it was tough to sled on. So I used my arms and propelled myself down the hill a little bit at a time. There was one spot where I actually went about 8 feet without pushing myself! Woo Hoo! I told Rhonda and Alyssa to follow my deep track. But then another cop came by and told everyone to leave because by that time there were 30 cars and some new moroffs were blocking the road again. He said he was going to start writing tickets and he pulled behind my truck! So I grabbed my sled and ran down to my truck before he could give me a ticket. I talked to the cop for a little bit. He said I was OK but he was clearing out the area and sending people back towards Santa Isabel because Julian was a parking lot! So we headed back towards Santa Isabel. But didn't find any good spots. On the way back to Ramona the solid line of cars heading up to Julian extended about 5 miles past Santa Isabel! :anicute: The bottom line is that you need to know somebody out there with some land if you want to go sledding...... Anyhow, it was a cool drive! :anicute:

Hey Pat, Brandon and I went to Julian too. What a madhouse! We saw the cops chasing everyone away so we just turned around and ended up at the chocolate factory in Wynola.

When we got there, the owner was still clearing the parking lot and there were just a couple cars. As you can see from the photo, this place ended up popular too.

That looks like a great time up in the Mountains today. It has been snowing here since about 2:00 pm. Mrs. RocketMan went up to pick up my son and his friend from the Ski Train and she is on her way back. She says the freeway is a mess with accidents all over the place. RM

d808b82e-203e-4f42-b104-8b28f258dcec.jpg

Hi Jerry, when we came into Julian from Farmers road the line going out of Julian was insanely long so we turned right and headed back out.

I wish there was a cacher in that area with hills in their yard! That would be a great event! :D

Just got back from the Ocotillo Wells Mini Campout. There are going to be some good stories comming out of that weekend! We have a few ourselves as well. Attaching a couple of photos. The weather was a little wild, but that made it even better.

The first photo here the view from Skillet's place Saturday morninig. It was of those crisp mornings that you hear about, it even smelled good!

4d5199c4-689c-4436-a7a4-81761221ba85.jpg

And thanks to all the rainstorms, here is a photo of an honest to goodness flashfloods. Da Moores and us came upone this on our way to Kids Cache in Ocotillo Wells. It kind of stopped us in our tracks. You can't see it in the picture, but the water was flowing pretty good.

399a3cab-4b72-46aa-8ce2-1cc775e18c5d.jpg

Just got back from the Ocotillo Wells Mini Campout. There are going to be some good stories comming out of that weekend! We have a few ourselves as well. Attaching a couple of photos. The weather was a little wild, but that made it even better.

The first photo here the view from Skillet's place Saturday morninig. It was of those crisp mornings that you hear about, it even smelled good!

4d5199c4-689c-4436-a7a4-81761221ba85.jpg

And thanks to all the rainstorms, here is a photo of an honest to goodness flashfloods. Da Moores and us came upone this on our way to Kids Cache in Ocotillo Wells. It kind of stopped us in our tracks. You can't see it in the picture, but the water was flowing pretty good.

399a3cab-4b72-46aa-8ce2-1cc775e18c5d.jpg

Great shots. I can't wait to see more. RM

Edit: Wow is there a lot of snow in those mountains. I have never seen them like that. I got word today that some folks camping in Blair Valley had some snow flurries there.

Edited by RocketMan

That is too funny . . . :P

Oh, and Harmon, you should have gotten some hints for that elusive Golden Hammer cache before venturing up there. That was one of my more memorable DNFs . . . :P

For sure I got the workout I was looking for. Can't believe that there's a nook or cranny that I didn't look into twice or more. Crawled over the boulders like a lizard. Consulted my PDA and "thought" like a Geocacher and even looked for Geotrails but no cigar. Where's was that local dog when I needed him?

Still there's a certain honor in declaring DNFs don't you think? How'd you like my log entry?

Next Geocacher to search for that container can just ignore the places where my blood stains the boulders.

The bleeding stopped right away.

Harmon

p.s. Guess where I took the choppers from for the DocDitto image. (I'll never admit it.)

Edited by SD Rowdies
Just saw the NEW Ruby of Dave's. Can't believe he's leaving it outside in the SNOW! Also, what's with the HARDTOP? Don't ya know they're SUPPOSE to be ragtops?!

LOVE it, I'm MAJOR jealous!

Next photo will be with the Rubi fully modified. Parts are on order. Stay tuned. :)

Just saw the NEW Ruby of Dave's. Can't believe he's leaving it outside in the SNOW! Also, what's with the HARDTOP? Don't ya know they're SUPPOSE to be ragtops?!

Next photo will be with the Rubi fully modified. Parts are on order. Stay tuned. :)

Jeff wants to know if you're goin' make it into a rock crawler.

Oh, have you got your matching t-shirts!?

P.S. There are enough Wrangler owners out there - do you all have sticks or automatics? Is there a preference for off-roading?

Jeff wants to know if you're goin' make it into a rock crawler.

Kind Of. Here are the mods:

3 1/2 inch Rubicon Express Long Arm Lift

1 inch body lift

Skid plates all over the place

33" Goodyear MTR Tires

9K Warn Winch

Other goodies

Dave

Oh, have you got your matching t-shirts!?

P.S. There are enough Wrangler owners out there - do you all have sticks or automatics? Is there a preference for off-roading?

Love the shirt. I have one on order!

The purist prefer manual, but being the lazy arse I am, I went with the automatic. The manuals are 6 speed and with those low gears, the shifting is a real chore. RM