*** This Just In***

RocketMan

Hey Richard are you going to post the group shot of us on Black Mountain!

I'm curious to see how those one came out! Except for the first one.. :D ...sorry to laugh but it was pretty funny!

I didn't make it that far last night. That is the next cache I need to log and upload photos for. I had too many photos near that cache that i need to sort through to do it last night. I should have them uploaded tonight.

I don't think the lighting on the group pictures were very good but I will upload the 2 I took. It turns out I didn't push the button hard enough so that first picture was never taken. :P That means it never happened, right? :P

Hey Richard are you going to post the group shot of us on Black Mountain!

I'm curious to see how those one came out! Except for the first one.. :D ...sorry to laugh but it was pretty funny!

I didn't make it that far last night. That is the next cache I need to log and upload photos for. I had too many photos near that cache that i need to sort through to do it last night. I should have them uploaded tonight.

I don't think the lighting on the group pictures were very good but I will upload the 2 I took. It turns out I didn't push the button hard enough so that first picture was never taken. :P That means it never happened, right? :P

It only happened if someone can find a way to download that image from our brains! :P

I am still trying to figure out what this picture was of?

4798d7b5-9776-4247-a8b2-a9986279616d.jpg

I did not know and didn’t really want to know what was censored from the Black Canyon CITO photo of $kimmer wearing green gardening gloves. Yet I have come to know how the object was found and how $kimmer came to have it and how it made it’s way into the bed of T.R. Violin’s truck. Very interesting.

Edited by SD Rowdies
I am still trying to figure out what this picture was of?

img.redx.jpg

I did not know and didn’t really want to know what was censored from the Black Canyon CITO photo of $kimmer wearing green gardening gloves. Yet I have come to know how the object was found and how $kimmer came to have it and how it made it’s way into the bed of T.R. Violin’s truck. Very interesting.

Gaahhh!! So I just HAD to find out!

Now I gotta bleach out my eyes and think happy thoughts...cute puppies, daisies, fluffy clouds and FTFs.

Oh Harmon....can you do your magic to those photos????

If you want the full file let me know, those are just ~50kb versions of ~1.9mb files. I always shrink my files before posting them.

Thanks Richard both those are fine for the forum! The second photo looks like the better one to me...You'll be amazed what Harmon can do with those! :rolleyes:

Thanks Richard both those are fine for the forum! The second photo looks like the better one to me...You'll be amazed what Harmon can do with those!  :(

I agree about the second photo. For some reason the first photo looks like we were all trying to stop the dogs from fighting but looked up just in time for the picture. I don't know why that is. :rolleyes::lol:

Thanks Richard both those are fine for the forum! The second photo looks like the better one to me...You'll be amazed what Harmon can do with those!  :(

I agree about the second photo. For some reason the first photo looks like we were all trying to stop the dogs from fighting but looked up just in time for the picture. I don't know why that is. :D:rolleyes:

If I remember right you were standing a tad too low in what would have been the first photo! :lol:

If you want the full file let me know, those are just ~50kb versions of ~1.9mb files. I always shrink my files before posting them.

For sure the result will be far better using the full resolution image. I'll do a quick fix on the posted one just for fun and stand by for the mojo image.

Here's a quick-and-dirty teaser from one of the posted images just to encourage you to send the full res' image. Looks like there's enough detail in the dark areas.

Once I have the large image I'll give it the full treatment and we'll see a much-improved result without washing out the sky. This shot will take some careful work due to the bushes appearing against the sky. You'll be surprised how well it can turn out.

Also I'd like to remove the bushes that stick out from behind Jess's head. Let me know if you are opposed to that. Any chance those bushes were just stuck in her hair?

By the way, who posed the dawgs?

573d80a0-1c92-4de4-a538-3efff370be8d.jpg

Thanks for asking.

Edited by SD Rowdies

For sure the result will be far better using the full resolution image. I'll do a quick fix on the posted one just for fun and stand by for the mojo image.

Here's a quick-and-dirty teaser from one of the posted images just to encourage you to send the full res' image. Looks like there's enough detail in the dark areas.

Once I have the large image I'll give it the full treatment and we'll see a much-improved result without washing out the sky. This shot will take some careful work due to the bushes appearing against the sky. You'll be surprised how well it can turn out.

Also I'd like to remove the bushes that stick out from behind Jess's head. Let me know if you are opposed to that. Any chance those bushes were just stuck in her hair?

By the way, who posed the dawgs?

573d80a0-1c92-4de4-a538-3efff370be8d.jpg

Thanks for asking.

I knew you could do it, Harmon! :ph34r: I sent Richard your email address so he can sent the full-res photo#2 to you! Thanks! :(

Edited by TrailGators
Dave I get the feeling that we will be seeing a lot of photos of you guys in snow.... :lol:

I hope not! :o

What happened to your t-shirt and shorts?

Why they're under his parka of course! :drama:

I'm wearing them under my pants and jacket. I only put on pants and jacket for the effect to make it look cold. :drama::lol:

So when you're not taking photos you take off your pants and jacket? :drama::lol:

Edited by TrailGators

Ok Picture People,

I have a 10 year-old son that just raked in some cash selling his Thomas the Train collection on ebay. (With dad's help of course!)

He decided he wants to become a photographer, and has about $200.00 to spend. Does anybody have any input on what would be a good digital camera in this price range?

(Silly question, I know you all have an opinion, but would you mind sharing it?) :lol:

Edited by Cornerstone4
Ok Picture People,

I have a 10 year-old son that just raked in some cash selling his Thomas the Train collection on ebay. (With dad's help of course!)

He decided he wants to become a photographer, and has about $200.00 to spend. Does anybody have any input on what would be a good digital camera in this price range?

(Silly question, I know you all have an opinion, but would you mind sharing it?)  :lol:

The Canon A520 is a good choice for $154! Otherwise here is a list of other 4-megapixel cameras to browse through.

Edited by TrailGators
Ok Picture People,

(Silly question, I know you all have an opinion, but would you mind sharing it?)  :lol:

I like the Canon products. I have owned an S200 and S320. I now have a Canon S400 which is a 4 Megapixel version of the Canon ELPH series. I really like it and it is compact.

s400_586x225.jpg

The newest Canon in this series is the SD550 which is a 7.1 Megapixel camera. The SD550 is out of your son's price range, but since the S400 is an older prodcut, you might be able to get it on eBay for under $200. If not, go with Trailgators suggestion of the A520. I bought my son the older version of that camera and he likes it. RM

Edited by Rocket Man

I like the Fuji cameras. They have a large glass lens with optical zoom(digital zoom effectively reduces the megapixal value of the camera. Your computer will do a much better job of zooming and interpolating) They are more bulky than some of the other cameras available but I think the optical quality is much better.

That being said if a boy learns on a film camera that you have to adjust the aperture and shutter speed, focus etc by yourself you will become a better photographer in the long run. IMHO

Ok Picture People,

Consider using about thirty bucks of his money, online, to buy Adobe Photoshop Elements. Elements will give him a proper start toward image editing and get him branded for a full Adobe image editor later on. You know, like in December.

With Christmas coming you must buy him a new top-of-the-line media-capable microcomputer for four or five thousand bucks. That and a collection of essential image and video editing software and a first-rate color printer. Books, lots of photography and software books too.

Go ahead, be a good daddy, sell a Mustang or take a night job.

No charge for the advice.

Harmon

Did I mention an NAPP membership for the boy?

Edited by SD Rowdies
Consider using about thirty bucks of his money, online, to buy Adobe Photoshop Elements. Elements will give him a proper start toward image editing and get him branded for a full Adobe image editor later on. You know, like in December.

Photoshop Elements because of ease of use, or because of price?

I have Photoshop7 at home already. It boggles my mind, but he will probably get through your lessons and be teaching me soon!

Add another recommendation for one of the Canons. I have the S500 (5 megapixel). All the pictures I have uploaded are downgraded pictures from what I have taken with it.

Another thing to keep in mind that others have not mentioned yet it the memory card. You will probably want to buy a larger card with the camera. My camera came with a 16mb card. This meant I could take maybe 8-10 pictures at the highest resolution. I ended up buying a 512mb module which allows me ~200 pictures (which I still fill once in awhile). I also bought an extra battery so I could always have an extra charged one with me.

Since we are talking Canon I figured I should mention their SLR digitals. I bought Mrs. Rocket Man the EOS Digital Rebel when it fist came out. Since then, I have sold that on eBay (for almost as much as I paid for it :lol: ) and bought her the new 8.0 Megapixel Digital Rebel XT:

B0007QKN22.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Her camera really rocks. She is using her 28-300 mm zoom lens from here EOS film camera and it really takes some great photos. Those little lenses on the pocket cameras just don’t compare to the SLR lenses. I bought a high speed 2GB Compact Flash card for the XT and she can take around 500 photos at full resolution. It may be a little big for geocaching, but if you are serious about your photography, you can't go wrong with one of these. RM

Add another recommendation for one of the Canons. I have the S500 (5 megapixel). All the pictures I have uploaded are downgraded pictures from what I have taken with it.

Another thing to keep in mind that others have not mentioned yet it the memory card. You will probably want to buy a larger card with the camera. My camera came with a 16mb card. This meant I could take maybe 8-10 pictures at the highest resolution. I ended up buying a 512mb module which allows me ~200 pictures (which I still fill once in awhile). I also bought an extra battery so I could always have an extra charged one with me.

I agree! You definitely need to plan on buying more memory. Also keep in mind that if you plan on doing any rapid fire photography you will need to buy fast memory.

I also agree with buying an extra battery but many of the Canons now work with AA batteries which saves the expensive of buying another rechargable battery and also bypasses the hassle of always having to charge your batteries.

Edited by TrailGators

Photoshop Elements because of ease of use, or because of price?

I have Photoshop7 at home already. It boggles my mind, but he will probably get through your lessons and be teaching me soon!

Didn't know that you have Photoshop 7 so you are in great shape. Elements is just a way to get a taste of image editing without spending a bundle.