Silly ?

If standing at the north pole and you then walk ten paces in any direction and begining running counter-clockwise in a circle that same ten paces away will you go back in time? Remember that you are continually crossing the internation date line from west to east. I will have to get up there one day and try it. Also I don't think the speed of the travel would come into play unless they were really really fast and approached the spped of light. Then of course there would be a host of other issues.

Lost It & Skippy and Pingu, I think your jokes are uncalled for on an open forum. :P

Jokes like that are best kept within private company, not for a site that has all types of people looking at it. :laughing::laughing:

Don't get me wrong, I have told my fair share of sick jokes in my time, but I have always chosen the company in which I share them.

I think this thread has quite openly gave the answer to someones cache!!

Perhaps people should edit their logs to hide the obvious answers. Imagine it was your cache that the answers where advertised too, I don't think many of you would be happy??

Cor!! the answers given here eh? Well I must admit I was baffled, I havn't heard the one about the polar bear since I was at infant school. Well, only every time someone started telling Christmas cracker jokes.

Most of these armchair caches seem to be Germanic. Don't they like going out into the wilds?

First time I've come across these, but they look quite interesting. I think I'll save them for a dark and stormy night!

Despite hunting more or less World wide - it appears it's mainly the Germans who go for these "ArmChair" caches in any number - with just an odd one in The Netherlands and other places.

That said if anyone knows of any others elsewhere I'd love to hear about them.

Steve

Perhaps people should edit their logs to hide the obvious answers. Imagine it was your cache that the answers where advertised too, I don't think many of you would be happy??

Ah come on...it's hardly a difficult one to solve being a riddle that most schoolkids could solve. Chill out and relax :laughing:

Lost It & Skippy and Pingu, I think your jokes are uncalled for on an open forum. 

Jokes like that are best kept within private company, not for a site that has all types of people looking at it. 

Don't get me wrong, I have told my fair share of sick jokes in my time, but I have always chosen the company in which I share them.

As I said chill out.....I hardly think they were offensive. If they were the moderators would have been on the case pretty quickly and they haven't.

They give me a bit of a giggle and I can think of no better way to honour a comedian than making a joke about them :laughing:

Ah come on...it's hardly a difficult one to solve being a riddle that most schoolkids could solve. Chill out and relax :ph34r:

This cache is hardly difficult either, but i'm sure you would be quietly miffed if someone put the final co-ords onto the forums to make it easier for everyone.

Why do I think you would be miffed? because you went to the work to put that cache together, just because Four Windows is an armchair cache and easy, does not mean we should discuss the answer out in the open on a GC.com forum.

Lost It & Skippy and Pingu, I think your jokes are uncalled for on an open forum. 

Jokes like that are best kept within private company, not for a site that has all types of people looking at it. 

As I said chill out.....I hardly think they were offensive. If they were the moderators would have been on the case pretty quickly and they haven't.

They give me a bit of a giggle and I can think of no better way to honour a comedian than making a joke about them :ph34r:

No I won't CHILL OUT, I think they are disrespectfull and don't find them a way to have a laugh at him. I would rather watch one of his many re-runs to have a laugh at him.

If there was any jokes put on here about the Tsunami, hurricane disaster, famine or anything other type of suffering in the world it would get chastised immediately. Just because he was a funny man does not mean we can have a laugh at him on a public forum.

Certain things are funny at certain times and places, those two comments were not.

The four candles comment before however brought a smile to my face.

Whatever....life's too short to worry about things discussed on the forum. As I said before the mods didn't get involved so I don't see why you feel the need to.

Thanks for publicising my cache. I would be miffed if the coords were published but if thats the way someone wants to find the coords then thats their problem. I'd just change the cache location. Its only a game after all

Well at least we agree on something, ;)  I however can't see any difference.

Not looking to prolong this arguement but I really dislike not having the last word :P

I can see that you don't like what's been done in this thread but I don't see too many people rushing to agree with you.

If you want the last say then work away cos I don't think we'll ever agree on this one :P

Well at least we agree on something, ;)  I however can't see any difference.

Not looking to prolong this arguement but I really dislike not having the last word :P

I can see that you don't like what's been done in this thread but I don't see too many people rushing to agree with you.

If you want the last say then work away cos I don't think we'll ever agree on this one :P

Well thanks I will have the last say, I don't see people rushing to agree with you either.

Now with that said, I won't bother with arguing with you anymore, so it should be finished now.

ok folks, my virtual is not that difficult and you all know the answer from your kindergarden. I'm very sure that everyone that finds the answer to my cache in this Silly thread is smart enough to find the answer even without this thread. We now should extend this exercise to all of our caches. Since we're that smart, we would have found them anyway. Simply post all needed information to find your own caches both in this thread and in your log to Four Windows.

best regards,

Faxenmacher

PS: please remember, this is just a game. I don't mind how you find your answer to Four Windows, I'm just amazed to get mails from all over the world. Please keep on logging!

ok folks, my virtual is not that difficult and you all know the answer from your kindergarden. I'm very sure that everyone that finds the answer to my cache in this Silly thread is smart enough to find the answer even without this thread. We now should extend this exercise to all of our caches. Since we're that smart, we would have found them anyway. Simply post all needed information to find your own caches both in this thread and in your log to Four Windows.

best regards,

Faxenmacher

PS: please remember, this is just a game. I don't mind how you find your answer to Four Windows, I'm just amazed to get mails from all over the world. Please keep on logging!

Hi Faxenmacher..

I found the colour of the bear riddle the easy bit - however workign out the coordinates of the North Pole really made me think about how the whole GPS system works. So I learnt a lot by doing your cache.