Oldest Travel Bug/ Longest Distance

Ladycacher

Did a check of our travelers.....

Most miles and still traveling is TB2QAF3. It was released 2/14/09, has logged 70,237.6 miles, it was last logged 7/31/19.

Longest still traveling would be TBZ5KY. It was released in July 2006, its last log was on 7/13/19.

However, most of our travelers are long gone......

Over 2 million miles is outstanding. I know I have picked up a couple that had traveled around the world which was pretty cool to imagine some of the people who had that travel bug in there possession at one time.  I wish Ground Speak would let us add favorite points to travel bugs & trackable's like they do for geocaches. I think there would be some pretty amazing trackable's circulating through out the game if geocachers could get some sort of recognition for their work.

Aceey

34 minutes ago, Aceey said:

I wish Ground Speak would let us add favorite points to travel bugs & trackable's like they do for geocaches. I think there would be some pretty amazing trackable's circulating through out the game if geocachers could get some sort of recognition for their work.

We've seen enough fakers to realize it's already all about recognition.  Whenever stats are involved in any game, there's cheats.

I don't think these guys that hold on to another's property for years,  using it as their own private mileage tracker, should be "rewarded" for their nonsense.

• Upvote 2

I was just looking to see if I could find the oldest or longest traveled bug. my Oak island Geohound was released in 2007 and has logged over 33,000 miles. He started on the US East coast (NC) and has been to Alaska and back to the US, totally coincidentally stopped a few hundred yards from my parents' house in PA, took a Baltic cruise, and is now boppong around Switzerland and Germany. I love getting updates :-)

• Upvote 1

Thought I might resurrect this thread... Our travel bug, the lucky Irish hug hog, was released in Aug 2006 and had crossed the Atlantic for the first time today. It has covered 32,596.6 miles so far and is still rewarding us with photos from those that find him! It has racked up 1,449 log entries!

Edited by Timfy

Not as old as my previous example, but this TB was released in 2011, but then soon after went missing. Today, I found it, ten years since it was marked missing. I have found TBs that were missing for a few years, before, but this is a new record for me. It went missing in Canada. I found it in Australia, a long way away.

TB488XT

image.thumb.jpeg.e517c284ba93f9cfa62812ed95479220.jpeg

• Upvote 1