*the Shadow* Geocoin

*The Shadow*

Anyone found one of these in a while? I've been waiting since August to see someone mention they were the lucky finders of a Shadow . . . . :rolleyes:

I'd like to report that we were finders of a Shadow coin, but this is the first I've heard of them. If I counted right, there should still be some remaining to go into ISQ caches. The problem is there are over 500 possible hiding places for them. Decisions, decisions, decisions......

I'd love to report a find, but of the last 3-4 placements, none were logged out of the caches. :P

One cache was muggled with the coin in it. One was found, admired, and verified to have been left in the cache and not taken. But no specific find logs were made. With nicer weather close, hopefully one will be logged out soon.

My last inventory count shows I have six silver coins left. So this spring/summer will be the end of them.

If any are still left then, the Midwest Geobashers MAY find something... :rolleyes::lol::rolleyes:

WOW!

What a weekend! And it started off with a bang at ISQ #184 Amazing Grace. That was where we were fortunate enough to get one of the most elusive coins in geocaching! Silver SHADOW #18!!!

I think I embarrassed Mrs. AWTY with my rendition of the Happy Dance. Thankfully we were the only ones at the cemetery or she might have made me walk back to camp at the 2007 MWGB.

It was only by a bit of luck that the elusive coin was still there too, as another caching team had been there before us. (We are still thanking our lucky stars for that one!)

Thank you so much my elusive and mysterious friend!!!

Congrats also go out to the CrossRoadNomads for finding Silver SHADOW #27 before the MWGB as well!!!

WOW!

What a weekend! And it started off with a bang at ISQ #184 Amazing Grace. That was where we were fortunate enough to get one of the most elusive coins in geocaching! Silver SHADOW #18!!!

I think I embarrassed Mrs. AWTY with my rendition of the Happy Dance. Thankfully we were the only ones at the cemetery or she might have made me walk back to camp at the 2007 MWGB.

It was only by a bit of luck that the elusive coin was still there too, as another caching team had been there before us. (We are still thanking our lucky stars for that one!)

Thank you so much my elusive and mysterious friend!!!

Congrats also go out to the CrossRoadNomads for finding Silver SHADOW #27 before the MWGB as well!!!

Congrats AWTY and Crossroads! What a great way to always remember MWGB 07!!

How cool! I was telling Toolman and brownout about these and I thought the whole coin part was over. We did a bunch of the Spirt Quest caches this weekend. We all LOVE cemetery caches...I think we spend as much time walking around looking at grave stones as we do in the hunt.

My congratulations to Are_we_there_yet?, Team CoyChev, and Crossroad Nomads for their finds near the MWGB. I heard of some pretty exciting tales around the Bash concerning the finds. My thanks to you for the logs and the stories. PRICELESS! ;)

I can neither confirm nor deny, that there may or may not be any coins left at this time. Although there is this larger Indiana event coming up..... :D

The Shadow :D

The ISQ series were great caches to do around MWGB. The history is fantstic and allows us to expand the learning for the kids outdoors. Looking forward to finding more next year. We've got to enrich our area with some of those caches too. We have many historic places here that could use some visitors and that have great historical value to the area. Thanks for the caches Shadow and the ideas. :D

Congrats to those that found the coins.

The ISQ series were great caches to do around MWGB. The history is fantstic and allows us to expand the learning for the kids outdoors. Looking forward to finding more next year. We've got to enrich our area with some of those caches too. We have many historic places here that could use some visitors and that have great historical value to the area. Thanks for the caches Shadow and the ideas. :D

Congrats to those that found the coins.

Sorry, I was wrapped up in a moment...what GPX Nav's said...'cuz it was excellent. I love cemetery caches. They are my favorites. Not necessarily my companion cachers' favorite when they are with me. I tend to wander off, reading gravestones and such...Pip had to about grab me to make a find at one we went to...

;)

When me and the Reaper was visitin my relatives last week when we ran into our good friend. While we was runnin around I saw him drop his coin and I grabbed un before some human cacher come along. Thank ye friend and hope to see ya again shortly!

Kate

Congrats Kate, we started the Official Wisconsin Spirit Quests and designed the logo Here in NorthEastern Wisconsin, and have placed over 50 Cemetary Caches. We enjoy finding and places these type of caches in Wisconsin and Michigan. Glad to hear The Shadow is still moving out there.

Here is a picture of the one we found while doing maintance on a Wisconsin Spirit Quest Cache.

c567d6f4-f97b-4111-827b-0bf1bdd593fe.jpgsweetlife updated the coordinates for Wisconsin Spirit Quest - Wanderers Rest Cemetery (Traditional Cache) N 44° 52.999 W 088° 18.730 ** Coordinates Changed From **

N 44° 53.010 W 088° 18.719

Distance From Old: 81.9 feet

Came to check on this cache, as there was a DNF reciently the cache was there, on the ground, very close to GZ but must have been under snow when Timberline Echoes was here last month, we decided to upgrade the container, and to our surprise in the old container was a "shadow" coin, guess i picked a good day to do some owner maintaince. Thanks to the shadow for visiting Wisconsin.

Edited by sweetlife

When me and the Reaper was visitin my relatives last week when we ran into our good friend. While we was runnin around I saw him drop his coin and I grabbed un before some human cacher come along. Thank ye friend and hope to see ya again shortly!

Kate

Huh.... Now, non human cachers are taking the coins because they are faster.... :o:anicute:;):(:)

I AM KIDING my friend!!!! Congratulations Kate!!! You did a great job!!! :P

WOW! This coin rocks! The reverse is the one Sweetlife shows? WOW! Nice!!! It reminds me some ancient Roman coins... Beautiful coin!!

Well... I hope shadow will visit one day Greece too! :laughing:

Edited by GATOULIS

Congrats to those who recently found that very cool coin!

The first time we went to the MWGB it was in Indiana and we enjoyed visiting a lot of cemetery caches. I think one of the main reason we went back to the Bash in Ohio for the last two years was because of all those caches. We always try to find as many as possible during our stay. We take the time to look at the tombstones. The old ones are very interesting and some of the recent ones have really great engraving on them. I even found one which I liked a lot, there was a dog, Ginger was her name, engraved between the husband and wife's names. :anitongue: It's also very strange to find very small cemeteries with only a few tombstones hidden between some corn fields.

Can't wait to go back and may be get our paws on that nice coin. Well, I know, we would have to be very lucky :D

Edited by Laval K-9

I stopped by an ISQ last week to check on it's condition, while I was headed to our bank, out of town. I opened the container and right there on top was an ISQ Shadow Coin! This is my second find of an elusive Shadow Coin. My first one is from the Georgia Spirit Quest series. And talk about LUCKY...the cache was slated for archival the VERY next day!!!

Thank you Mr. Shadow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I stopped by an ISQ last week to check on it's condition, while I was headed to our bank, out of town. I opened the container and right there on top was an ISQ Shadow Coin! This is my second find of an elusive Shadow Coin. My first one is from the Georgia Spirit Quest series. And talk about LUCKY...the cache was slated for archival the VERY next day!!!

Thank you Mr. Shadow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW! Congrats. I've never actually even seen one. You are so very lucky!!!