*the Shadow* Geocoin

*The Shadow*

The primary goal of this coin is to increase awareness of the Indiana Spirit Quest series of geocaches. A quantity of fifty numbered coins were made, most of which will be left, at random, only in ISQ caches. The caches currently number over 330, in 33 counties and have been steadily increasing. The coins are meant to be kept and enjoyed by the finder, as a memento of the cache series.

These were made 1” in size, so as to fit in most micro-caches as well as larger ones. Although two metal types were done, only the silver coins will be placed into the caches. As it is a personal coin, I have reserved the first fifteen, that are in gold finish.

The first cache find on this coin was done on October 1,at a small, rural site in Steuben County, In. The coin had been in the cache for only ten days.

Good luck to those that seek the coin, and congratulations in advance, to those that find it.

:rolleyes:

shadow300x2007lq.jpg

Edited by *The Shadow*
Rupert2 is quite correct in his prior two posts. The coins are dropped at random into the Indiana Spirit Quest caches, only.

As soon as one is found, another is dropped. Presently, there are two waiting in caches to be found............somewhere.

:unsure::rolleyes::ph34r:

Okay, for some reason I thought those caches were spread out in other states. I guess I am confused with another coin. Thanks.

Rupert2 is quite correct in his prior two posts.  The coins are dropped at random into the Indiana Spirit Quest caches, only.

As soon as one is found, another is dropped.  Presently, there are two waiting in caches to be found............somewhere.

:)  :)  :)

Okay, for some reason I thought those caches were spread out in other states. I guess I am confused with another coin. Thanks.

You must be thinking of the Cracker Barrel coin. :( Now, now, I don't want to see anyone go off their rocker and actually make one of those...

Yep,

They are out there... About fainted when number 45 Shadow Coin fell out of the cache container at Indiana Spirit Quest #273: Up, Up & Not Away... Trying to trade even or trade up I left one of my Signature items... Hard to trade up on a Shadow Coin but it's a dandy in my mind.....

What a way to bring in the New Year....

TFTC

1markymark1

:ph34r:

Edited by 1markymark1

Congratulations to The 501 Gang for an outstanding weekend of winter caching + finding a Shadow geocoin in Noble County.

A couple of quotes:

"Just as we were starting to wonder if there really was a Shadow coin

we found coin #36 in ISQ #397- Rev. Dominic Duehmig!"

"Weekend Caching Totals:

Gas= $60.00

Hotel= $60.00

500± Miles

3 reg. Caches + 28 ISQ Caches and 1 SHADOW Coin #36 = PRICELESS !!!!!!"

Way to go Guys!

:(:P;)

I can attest to the fact that they are still out there. We found The Shadow Coin #21 today at 2 PM in ISQ #111, Up on the hill. A wonderful cache in beautiful Carter Cemetary, Steuben County Indiana. The shock of finding that coin in only our second day long ISQ hunt will not wear off for a long time.

I almost wrecked the van on the drive back to Ohio because I couldn't stop looking at the coin. I now have no problem deciding what my best caching day was. :grin:

Do you know of any ISQ's in idaho?

Not that we are aware of. However, we hope that the ISQ series has inspired similar series elsewhere.(it has)

And to quote from a cache page of a recenty placed ISQ,...

"In just two years, the quest has grown to over five hundred caches hidden in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan and Ontario and the hiders have grown to over twenty five cacher teams, most of which are comprised of Dogs and their Humans."

"If you are interested in spreading the Quest to your neck of the woods AND WOULD LIKE TO JOIN US, email SixDogTeam."

Congratulations are in order to The Moops for their cache find during yesterdays outing. The Shadow geocoin #21 was dropped into the cache on June 19. A short stay, as others have been in caches weeks, before being found.

I'm sure The Moops will enjoy the coin and I hope they, and many others continue to enjoy the cache series.

The Shadow :grin::grin:;)

I am surrounded by ISQ caches and one of your newest members is one of my geocaching partners whom I talked into geacaching. Unfortunately I have not found a coin of yours. Are they still being put out?

The ISQ caches have been fun! I think I have done 8 so far!

Hope to find one!

Edited by markz68

I am surrounded by ISQ caches and one of your newest members is one of my geocaching partners whom I talked into geacaching. Unfortunately I have not found a coin of yours. Are they still being put out?

The ISQ caches have been fun! I think I have done 8 so far!

Hope to find one!

oh yes they are still being put out, but there are only a few out at any given time. yesterday one was found in a ISQ in Brown County

oh yes they are still being put out, but there are only a few out at any given time. yesterday one was found in a ISQ in Brown County

I noticed that yesterday night. dude172 found one in ISQ #313 (GCQF1F) in Brown County. That is one of yours -{LoS}-Xile! Funny that a guy from way up north found a Shadow coin way down south. With only 15 for hiders and 35 to put in caches he has got to be getting low!

Edited by Rupert2

I am proud to announce that another shadow coin has been found. We found #29 in ISQ #510: Four Brothers on August 7. We seen the cache come up at about 8:30 pm and headed down to Indiana to get it. We had already been FTF on three other shadow ISQ's that weekend but there was no coin in those. When we got to the cache I thought I seen somethiong on the top of the container and told the wife not to pull the container out yet but she didn't listen and she sent a shadow coin flying out right at me. I grabbed it as it fell on my arm. What an awesome way to find the shadow coin and I will never forget how we almost had and lost the shadow coin in a matter of seconds. FTF and a Shadow coin what a great day. :anicute: Thanks for putting these great coins out shadow.