Illinois Geocoin

Cav Scout

Seems like everyone is making a geocoin of some type. There are personal geocoins, state geocoins, event geocoins, and even geocoins for Christmas!

I think its time to have a Illinois state geocoin made. I'm originally from Illinois and would like to see one made or get one if they exsist.

I have designed and started orders on two geocoins since I have been here in Iraq. I know its not to hard to get this idea going.

Put me down for two. :unsure:

Nobody has offered to make the coin yet. I am willing to help out with a design. I really don't want to be the one collecting the money for this project. Any volunteers? I am thinking this may take about three people to do this task. I have a good coin maker in mind.

While GC trackable coins are certainly nice... they do in fact add $1.50 PER coin to the price.  Are majority of the other state coins trackable or non-trackable?  I'm not much of a coin collector so I don't know.

Most of the recent state coins have been GC trackable, but I don't think it has much of an impact on whether or not the coins sell out. I'd take them either way.

I'm sure this isn't a complete list, but these are the coins produced (or soon to be) in the last few months that I can think of.

Trackable: Colorado, New Jersey, Maryland, Tennessee, Alabama, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Mexico

Not Trackable (at GC): North Dakota, Washington, California, Indiana

I'm not sure about Iowa.

Cool another State coin that I went Geocaching in.

I was most impressed with the rivers and forests there.

How about the Illinois state fish :ph34r:

49a12bd3-8fa9-4ae9-8520-0462ef4d4c1e.jpg

JUST PLAYING AROUND

I dont know to much about Illinois, or making coins

so back under the rock I go till it's time to order :lol:

Edited by RustyBeerCan

If you all would like I could go ahead and design a state geocoin for Illinois nad get production set up for the coin. I do not want to take on the task of collecting money and shipping the coin. I am in Iraq and already have my hands full here with the OIFGA coin. Anyone willing to help out?

I'll stick my neck out here and say that GONIL will DEFINITELY be making a coin in the relative near future.

If they are going to make a Illinois state coin then they should mention something if possible. I am willing to start a design. This is something that is easy to do.