Bloated Head Part II

JavaDuck

I was part of the (enter your own adjective) group that searched for The Bloated Festering Head of My First Victim cache last Halloween night (early morning). I know there was some talk off a return visit. Halloween is a Monday this year, so it would be a late night for those unlucky people that have to work that day (me, being one of them). However, I would be up to venturing into Ellylidan and Peg's abode again if some other brave souls were too.

Anyone game?

If someone would like to make a Friday or Saturday night foray instead, I'm in! Think of it as Halloween Eve Eve.  :P

I'll join a group that will go either Friday or Saturday.

Yes, that's my story as well. My earlier point was that I can't go on a "school night." So Sunday and Monday nights are out for me; I have to work next morning.

Erik, maybe you and I can form a party of two that Saturday night, the 30th? We can leave the follow-ons some, ah, treats for the next evening. :P Anyone else welcome to join us, of curse.

I might be interested. What kind of shoes (boots?) do I need for this one?

You are gonna need hipwaders for this one. When I lived in Dupont my house was only 500 feet away from the cache. I cam to within 20 feet from the cache but stopped when the water came up over my waist. I have heard there is a way to the cache that is not as deep as the path I took. Have fun!

So, last year when the group I went with was rigged up in a mess of different stuff.

Two in full wader style (you know... the overall kind), one in hiking boots, one in tennis shoes with, um, well, I guess you could call them gaiters, but they were really just trash bags (very funny stuff there)... and I just wore regular tennis shoes that I didn't care so much about with seal-skin socks on.

Aside from falling forward and getting my arm pretty wet (just after making sure Blue Heron knew he was going the wrong way, of course), the water never went over my socks which came to about mid-calf.

I can't imagine it would be very wet in there at this point in time.... provided you do some research or get some schmuck who's already been in there to tell you the right way in.

You could talk to KFam... he definitely knows the wrong way.

Edited for moronanity

Edited by CurmudgeonlyGal
If someone would like to make a Friday or Saturday night foray instead, I'm in! Think of it as Halloween Eve Eve.  :rolleyes:

I'll join a group that will go either Friday or Saturday.

Yes, that's my story as well. My earlier point was that I can't go on a "school night." So Sunday and Monday nights are out for me; I have to work next morning.

Erik, maybe you and I can form a party of two that Saturday night, the 30th? We can leave the follow-ons some, ah, treats for the next evening. :o Anyone else welcome to join us, of curse.

If I went it would have to be Saturday night, since as you said it's a school night.

I was thinking this would be a Sunday night trip, so we would end up finding the cache techinically on the 31st so a Halloween find. I have to work Monday as well, but being a teacher, it is already going to be a crazy day, so why not add a few hours of sleep to them mix.

Regarding boots, last year I had rubber boots that were just up to my calves, and had no problem.

My preference would be for Sunday night, so I can make it a Halloween find again. Call me crazy, for wanting to go foraging into a swamp late late at night, but hey I'm geocacher!

Since I wasn't invited to the daytime trip by Prying Pandora recently (passive/agressive, I guess so)...I'd like to go either Friday or Saturday night...

I'll watch this for what's going on...

I'm sorry, Allanon! I had to keep the group size very small or risk being being stalked by Elly. :unsure: I would have let you know if I'd known you wanted to go.

Since I wasn't invited to the daytime trip by Prying Pandora recently (passive/agressive, I guess so)...I'd like to go either Friday or Saturday night...

I'll watch this for what's going on...

I'm sorry, Allanon! I had to keep the group size very small or risk being being stalked by Elly. :lol: I would have let you know if I'd known you wanted to go.

It was just a mis-communication/misunderstanding...I'm sure we talked about it at Red Robin after LittleBlue's Attack on Tacoma...it's OK. :o:lol:

But since this post is sure to bring this years trip(s?) to the attention of the nasty Elly, I think I'll just wait for another time...no need to piss of a 'creature of the night'... :lol: