Ohio Geocoins Need Activation Code?

KirklandExplorers

I have one I haven't activated yet. The instructions that came with it say:

Your coin is engraved with a Travel Bug tracking number from Geocaching.com. To activate it follow these steps.

1. Visit www.geocoinclub.com

2. Click "Get Activation Code" in the top navigation area.

3. Enter the tracking number and your email address in the activation code retrieval form.

4. The activation code will be emailed to you.

5. Visit www.Groundspeak.com

6. Follow the instructions there to activate your coin, they are the same as activating regular Travel Bugs.

7. You can access the instructions for Travel Bug activation via: http://tinyurl.com/dr8cg

Well duh, if I had read the last line before I started typing, I could have saved a lot of time! :D

I have one I haven't activated yet. The instructions that came with it say:

Your coin is engraved with a Travel Bug tracking number from Geocaching.com. To activate it follow these steps.

1. Visit www.geocoinclub.com

2. Click "Get Activation Code" in the top navigation area.

3. Enter the tracking number and your email address in the activation code retrieval form.

4. The activation code will be emailed to you.

5. Visit www.Groundspeak.com

6. Follow the instructions there to activate your coin, they are the same as activating regular Travel Bugs.

7. You can access the instructions for Travel Bug activation via: http://tinyurl.com/dr8cg

Well duh, if I had read the last line before I started typing, I could have saved a lot of time! :D

HAHA It is Ok I would have probably done the same thing!!!!!

I just traded for an Ohio and tried the form at coinclub. It was 10 hours ago and no email yet....

Do they shut it down after so long, or what??

Can I still activate it?

Try emailing them at the contact info email address. The last coin I tried to activate, I didn't get the code either, so I emailed them and they sent the code to me.

I just traded for an Ohio and tried the form at coinclub.  It was 10 hours ago and no email yet....

Do they shut it down after so long, or what??

Can I still activate it?

I believe that the "activation code" can only be retrieved one time. Perhaps the person you traded with already got the code but neglected to pass that along with the coin. I think it is a security issue...so someone can't steal your activation code if they happened to write down the number of the coin.....

If the activation code was retrieved with a differant email address you will get an error that it has already been activated. Emailing the info@geocoinclub.com address is your best bet. The fastest method would be to include your Tracking Number in the request. If the nuber needs clarification, attaching a photo helps tremendously.

OK I have an Ohio coin I can not get activated also I have sent an email to info@geocoinclub.com on 10-31 with no responce yet from them!! any ideas what I should do to get this coin activated ?? here is a copy of my email to them less the # on the coin :

Mon, 31 Oct 2005 10:07:02 -0800 (PST)

From: <cainrcc@yahoo.com> View Contact Details Add Mobile Alert

Subject: Need help activating an Ohio coin !!!

To: info@geocoinclub.com

Hi I grabbed an ohio geocoin out of a cache waypoint# gcqqmz that was dropped off by bronco45 he stated in the log (Tried to activate my coin [should have before I placed it] but the # on it is bad so it won't log on geocaching.com. If anyone wants to keep it be my guest it's a very nice coin.)So since I have a coin collection started I went and grabbed it to add to my collection.

NOW THE PROBLEM!!!

I tryed to get it activated also and I get a message that says: The submitted code does not exist in the database. If you believe this is an error email.

The number on the coin is ?????? I also tryed ?????? - I can read the # just fine they just don't work to activate the coin,and your site says: The submitted code does not exist in the database. If you believe this is in error email info@geocoinclub.com .I have emaied a few times and never recived a respone from them as of yet!!

So PLEASE tell me how to get this coin activated. If needed I will send it to you to get it activated for me so I can add it to my collection of coins to take to events for fellow cachers to get to see and log some geocoins.

Thanks Ron (caching name cainrcc)

Any ideas on what steps I should take to get this coin activated would be great!!! Thanks all !! :D

I to am having the same problem with a "Selective Availability" coin I grabbed out of a cache two days ago.

I put on my extra strong pair of reading glasses and still can't make out the number. I emailed the owner of the coin and have yet to get a responce.

On the Coin Club coins I'm I supposed to use the CC before the number or leave it off. I guess it really doesn't matter because it's the numbers/letters after the CC that I can't read. I tried all sorts of combinations and nothing worked!

what to do?

Pepper

I to am having the same problem with a "Selective Availability" coin I grabbed out of a cache two days ago.

You're trying to log the coin as found? or you're trying to activate the coin to your account??

I'm trying to log it as found.

I picked it up out of a cache.

any help I would be greatful for

Pepper

OK I have an Ohio coin I can not get activated also I have sent an email to info@geocoinclub.com on 10-31 with no responce yet from them!! any ideas what I should do to get this coin activated ?? here is a copy of my email to them less the # on the coin :

I feel compelled to reply to this. I replied to the email quoted here on 10/31 with information about the status of the coin code but we must have missed each other.

Just to clarify - GeocoinClub.com did not make the coin, we are only listing the codes for the people who did as a free service.

In this particular instance, the code is an error and was noted as such on the log of the geocache it was found it.

GeocoinClub.com provides free code retrieval for many groups and coin makers. What we see is that from time to time the codes on the coins are actually typoed by the minter when they are engraved. That is what happened in this instance. It's a rare occurance (1 in 1500 or more) but it happens from time to time when you've got random codes being engraved on coins.

We'll assist you in any way possible to retrieve the code, but in the event of a typo we have no way to assist with returns or exchanges on coins from other people/groups.

I feel compelled to reply to this. I replied to the email quoted here on 10/31 with information about the status of the coin code but we must have missed each other.

Just to clarify - GeocoinClub.com did not make the coin, we are only listing the codes for the people who did as a free service.

In this particular instance, the code is an error and was noted as such on the log of the geocache it was found it.

GeocoinClub.com provides free code retrieval for many groups and coin makers. What we see is that from time to time the codes on the coins are actually typoed by the minter when they are engraved. That is what happened in this instance. It's a rare occurance (1 in 1500 or more) but it happens from time to time when you've got random codes being engraved on coins.

We'll assist you in any way possible to retrieve the code, but in the event of a typo we have no way to assist with returns or exchanges on coins from other people/groups.

Thanks for the reply back

I just did not understand why the Ohio coin could not be activated by the orignal owner or myself.Sorry for throwing the blame at GeocoinClub.com I was just trying to get my best trade item to date activated and added to my newly started collection.

It is a great looking coin that I missed out on buying but I will still take it and all my coins to the events for others to see and log.Thanks again

I'm trying to log it as found.

I picked it up out of a cache.

any help I would be greatful for

Pepper

ok

Yes use the CC in front, so you'll be entering six digits all together.

I have one of those and the letters are there but quite small, on my green SA its CC (of course) followed by three numbers then a letter... but since the numbers are 'random' who knows what yours might be. If you email me what you think the number is and the page url I'd be happy to help try and guess the number...