Mapsource Under Linux?

I've tried running the Garmin 'Trip and Waypoint' software under Wine, and it failed horribly. I haven't persued it any more to figure out what needs fixing in Wine to get it to work. I then moved on to GPS::Garmin Perl module in an attempt to extract 'track's from my GPS60C. That module could do simple things like current time, and location, but couldn't retrieve waypoints or tracks (I want my tracks!). Then I moved on to GPSBabel, and it retrieved a fraction of my tracks. So far, I'm not a happy camper on the software front.

I will eventually get back to improving the Perl module, but not in the immediate future.

I've had no luck getting Wine to run any non-trivial program. Admittedly, I haven't tried it in the last year or so, but after sinking many hours into it a couple of times on earlier variations, I gave up on that approach and just bought a Windows system. (Ironic since I'd been happily Microsoft-free for many, many years before my GPS needs drove me back...)

fhew, I don't recall seeing a problem report recently on Garmin tracks in GPSBabel, but if you can point me to your message (preferably with a test case and description on which of the bazillion Garmin units is in question) in the list archives, I'll look at it.