You Know You Are A Cacher When.....

You sit through all 2hrs 40 mins of Shawshank Redemption and at the end all you can say is  - "He shouldn't have hidden that box in a drystone wall!"

We watched it over the weekend, & I said 'Ohhhh...theres a thread all about caches in dry stone walls on the forum'

Shep just replied with one of his silent withering looks! :blink: (hes not so into Caching as me!)

Seren.

Hate to party poop on this one but since Shawshank is one of my favourite films, I have to offer some defence!! Technically it was hidden under a piece of black volcanic glass at the base of the wall, so we can forgive him!!! My major concern would be.......Metal tin....are you mad??!!! Especially leaving paper cash in it!! I'm sure 1960's platic bags weren't THAT waterproof!! :ph34r:

You know the EXACT location of every public footpath and stile within 20 miles of your house.

When you spot a new one you waypoint it immediately.

You have a further 100 emails marked Bookmark in your inbox in fact you get so many emails with geocaching in the subject line you have specific rules to filter them into a special inbox

Youe reply earnestly to threads about knowing you are a cacher believing its serving the greater good

HELP

GET ME A COAT...............

....and when Phill gets up early on a saturday (!!!)

.... And when Phill gets up early on a saturday and says - come on, we need to go to town shopping (!!) - THEN I know a cache is planned!!

- when you usually do around 11,000 miles a year in the car but this year you've done 15,000!!

- when your holidays are planned around cache rich areas!

... and when your neighbours think you've been away for the weekend, but you only went caching - up and out early, home late!!

.... when you only go and see your parents because there's a new cache near their house!

... when you start looking at trees thinking - god that'd be a great place for a cache!

... when you drive past a car parked in a layby near a stile you always wonder......!

I could go on and on!!! :blink:

.. you go to see an old friend who's had a heart attack and spend an hour with them, then go caching around his area for three hours.

.. when you start addressing your letters as;

Mr George SIMPSON

N51 53.458 W000 35.792

.. you DON'T stand your friends up and go caching instead - you take them with you!

You sit through all 2hrs 40 mins of Shawshank Redemption and at the end all you can say is  - "He shouldn't have hidden that box in a drystone wall!"

We watched it over the weekend, & I said 'Ohhhh...theres a thread all about caches in dry stone walls on the forum'

Shep just replied with one of his silent withering looks! :blink: (hes not so into Caching as me!)

Seren.

Technically it was hidden under a piece of black volcanic glass at the base of the wall, so we can forgive him!!!

Shouldn't that spoiler be encrypted?

Edited by Learned Gerbil

All of these are true!

You go to see the new Pride and Prejudice film and during one scene think "Oh, I know where she is, there's a cache near there".

At Christmas you cannot resist the temptation to hide small items beneath the Christmas tree in a cunningly constructed nest of tinsel.

Plastic tat = treasure (and you house fills with pink things, not all of which are pink!)

You give your address to people as co-ordinates (has happened to me twice this week!).

You give directions to your house as "past 'Fly By', past the turn for 'Gravity Hill', along the A41, not as far as 'Span Span Span' and turn off for 'Whats that Smell', but go past it and turn as if you were doing 'I Spy'...." etc

You are dying of the worst hangover of your life, but you still manage to drag yourself out of the house to do just one cache, because otherwise your day would be 'wasted'.