Dropping Tb's Into Waymarks

I see this as a bad idea, and I never liked TB "drops" at virtual caches either.

The "personal TB" is an acceptable bastardization of the TB implementation anyways.

But to add support or extend its functionality isn't a "good thing" .

Just as you can put TBs at virtuals (because it's easier to just code "how to drop a TB at a cache" rather than "...at a cache that isn't a virtual")....the code would have to allow "to drop a TB at a waypoint" and not "...a personal TB at a waypoint".

Since dropping any TB at waypoints is a bad idea (there's potentially a good reason it's a waypoint and not a cache spot) for normal TBs that aren't just going to stay in your pocket...I don't think TB support for waypoints should be allowed.

Be happy that you can tweak the TB system to see your personal TB go to every geocache you visit and just leave it at that.

This was brought up on another thread, and I made my comments here. I'll quote myself here for this thread:

Since I enjoy taking TBs to location that fit their goals, you'd think that I'd be in favor of allowing TBs to visit Waymark locations, right?

Nope.

You can always post a note with photos and coordinates of the Waymark location on the TB log, and if possible, link to the actual Waymark in question.

I foresee a mess if people can easily log TBs into Waymarks, as the numbers will become so large it'll be hard to sort them out. By keeping TBs to Geocaching and making association to Waymarking more manual, people'd be forced to be stingy with which ones to visit, thus keep the history of the TB from too much clutter.

I post notes, coordinates, and photos for the TBs if they are relevant to their goals, regardless of caches or waymarks. People who do this are in the minority, so unless that changes to the majority, allowing TBs visit Waymarks is unlikely to be a value-add to the TB's history, and a waste of software development resources, IMHO.