German Geocoin To Exchange

sTeamTraen

I have a German geocoin which I would like to physically exchange (presumably by snail mail) for... something, anything that we don't see much of over here.

The holy grail, of course, would be a Moun10Bike coin, but anything for which I don't currently have the icon on my profile would be nice. (I think I'm getting a WJTB soon, so that's not a priority). Your coin will then be released to bring pleasure (and an extra icon ) to hundreds of happy European cachers.

If DLiming is reading this: I replied to your e-mail but haven't heard from you since - if you're still there, this is "your" coin, please feel free to recontact me - although it doesn't look like you still have the GW coin ?!

Nick

Just to be clear: the German coin which I have, is activated. So I'm mainly interested in having it be released in the wild in North America. Similarly, any coin I receive in exchange will be released in Europe.

It seems that quite a few people here are mainly interested in holding on to the coins. Geo-numismatism ? <_<

Just to be clear: the German coin which I have, is activated. So I'm mainly interested in having it be released in the wild in North America. Similarly, any coin I receive in exchange will be released in Europe.

It seems that quite a few people here are mainly interested in holding on to the coins. Geo-numismatism ? <_<

Most coins on the forums are collected these days. But there is a rule that you don't collect a coin already "in the wild" and travelling, as yours is. Things happen, but most are honest about it. If I were to see it, I'd move it along like a normal travelbug/geocoin.

Just to be clear: the German coin which I have, is activated.  So I'm mainly interested in having it be released in the wild in North America.  Similarly, any coin I receive in exchange will be released in Europe.

It seems that quite a few people here are mainly interested in holding on to the coins.  Geo-numismatism ? <_<

Most coins on the forums are collected these days. But there is a rule that you don't collect a coin already "in the wild" and travelling, as yours is. Things happen, but most are honest about it. If I were to see it, I'd move it along like a normal travelbug/geocoin.

Sound like you're essentially proposing a TB swap. Where the TB's happen to be geocoins.

Sound like you're essentially proposing a TB swap. Where the TB's happen to be geocoins.

Exactly. Maybe I should do this in the TB forum. But when I did, I was directed to the coin forum (by someone who perhaps didn't understand that the coin was activated).

You know what ? I'm going to ask again in the TB forum. :D