Junky Cache Mobiles!

My daily (and only) driver is a 1965 Chevy Pickup! It has over 320,000 HARD miles on it, as I use it to haul stuff all the time! I have a trailer that is on it, that I rarely bother taking off, as I just have to put it right back on.

It is getting tired though, and needs a new engine. Last time I checked the compression, it was around 15-20 psi.....should be about 90-100. :rolleyes:

Merc

Well, I flinch at admitting that the '73 Pontiac Catalina my mother gave to me is junky, and in fact it runs probably better than many newer cars. It runs like a dream, can squeal the tires from a red light, but it looks pretty rough.

af9128c0-fe95-4133-befd-e3c768995121.jpg

Then once on a cache hunt, I saw this scene:

10a3b7d9-8ca6-491f-b5b9-d74ad8c4dd36.jpg

And decided I need to get some nice wheels.

(Hmm, the pictures don't show the rust very well.)

Jamie

This is mine.

c9ffa212-0a83-41af-94ba-fd580584b30e.jpg

It looks good in this picture, but it's a pain in the butt. This picture was taken right before getting a flat miles from nowhere in Missouri. Had to drive miles on the flat, then 800 miles to pittsburgh with the spare and missing a lug nut.

e428b205-0e51-40a0-959f-76add38655d2.jpg

So then the brakes went giving severe vibration in the front end. It she was shaking and I hit a bump it became a "death wobble". My own brother refused to drive in it after the first time. He's scared to death!

The kicker was 2 weeks ago. Just up and died on me! Fuel pump and $380 later it's almost good to go. Except for new tires and inspection. You can never win!

So here's the other cachemobile. It it no beater, but I did a fair bit of damage while caching. (Sorry about the crappy picture)

ba5aa7a6-fef7-4716-940d-c165e0dd1f07.jpg

9c87150f-dae1-4017-a096-40c99748262c.jpg

$1,700 for that mistake.

The Jeep is the more "junky" of my two vehicles. It's an '86 Wagoneer, 2.8L, Automatic, 4x4. I bought it cheap, and it had some things wrong with it, and I recently discovered the rust in the floorboards is much worse than I first thought. It's great though, it gets me anywhere that I want to go. The below pictures were taken while playing around and finding Take It And Break It (GC3564)

jeep3.jpg

jeep2.jpg

jeep5.jpg

jeep4.jpg

This is my other vehicle, which is a little junky. It's a '96 Ford T-bird, 3.8L, Automatic. The first picture was taken in Houghton Lake, MI, near some caches I found up there, the second is a few years older, taken by a friend of mine, while I was taking part in another hobby of mine. Both of the pics are fairly poor.

tbird2.jpg

tbird3.jpg

My daily (and only) driver is a 1965 Chevy Pickup! It has over 320,000 HARD miles on it, as I use it to haul stuff all the time! I have a trailer that is on it, that I rarely bother taking off, as I just have to put it right back on.

It is getting tired though, and needs a new engine. Last time I checked the compression, it was around 15-20 psi.....should be about 90-100.  :cool:

Merc

I think you better get a new compression gauge, the one your using is way off if those are the actual readings. Maybe 1 cyl. but not all 6 or 8 which ever it is :o

or 4 if its a luv

Edited by vagabond