Need Help With "where's In A Name?" Cache

tr1976

Hi all,

I started to work on the "Where's In A Name?" cache by Crusso (GC3153). See details

at http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...f3-931a67b7eccd

My user id "tr1976" translates to coordinates 87° 19.76' (or 87° 19' 45.60''). According to the cache description I can choose whether that is N,S,E or W. I thought the easiest one would be to go for W, which is a line that crosses the big lakes near Gary and goes through Indiana, Tennessee, etc. and near Pensacola in south. Unfortunately I have no trips planned to that area in the near future, so I decided to ask for help here (I live in Finland).

The N (or S) part of the coordinates is your choice! But I need you to go to W 87° 19.76' and take a photo of your GPSr showing the coordinates and hopefully some other beautiful scenery as well :ph34r: Then send the photo to me or directly to the cache. According to the rules, we both get to log the cache. And why not, figuring these things out have already taken me more time than some easy basic cache.

I would be very greatful if someone decided to do this kind of geocaching with me! :)

Best regards,

tr1976 (@gmail.com)

Edited by tr1976
Hi all,

I started to work on the "Where's In A Name?" cache by Crusso (GC3153). See details...

I would be very greatful if someone decided to do this kind of geocaching with me! :ph34r:

Best regards,

tr1976 (@gmail.com)

Sounds interesting. I reside in the southern part of Indiana. The Longitude you describe falls within my range of travels. If I understand this correctly, what you need is a landscape photo at W 87° 19.76(0-9?) with the GPS plainly displaying these coordinates? The Latitude is variable as is the third digit of the decimal minutes? I realize this may not be as easy as it looks but I will give it a try!

Hi all,

I started to work on the "Where's In A Name?" cache by Crusso (GC3153). See details...

I would be very greatful if someone decided to do this kind of geocaching with me! :)

Best regards,

tr1976 (@gmail.com)

Sounds interesting. I reside in the southern part of Indiana. The Longitude you describe falls within my range of travels. If I understand this correctly, what you need is a landscape photo at W 87° 19.76(0-9?) with the GPS plainly displaying these coordinates? The Latitude is variable as is the third digit of the decimal minutes? I realize this may not be as easy as it looks but I will give it a try!

Hi!

Thanks for volunteering! :ph34r:

As it says on the cache page,

"Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to persuade another Geocacher to get out there and take a photo of his GPS (with the coords clearly visible) at ANY coord. (choice is his/hers) that intersects with the coord. you created from your username above. A photo of the surrounding area would be nice as well!".

So, I think we have both understood it correctly... :P

I guess we can now take this to e-mail.