Gsak (geocaching Swiss Army Knife) Questions?

I just downloaded GSAK, and I'm having some problems, one it replaced it replaced EasyGPS, as the default program for uploading waypoints to my GPS. This would be fine, but I can't figure out how to upload the waypoints to my GPS with GSAK. Could someone tell me how to do that. Also, I can figure out how to set my home coordinates, how do I do this?

I also just downloaded GSAK. I have been able to download waypoints, but only as a .loc

I have not been able to figure out how to download as a .gsk

There are a lot of features available on this software, so I am guessing it will just take me a while to figure it all out.

I do like it much better than EasyGps, though.

All Right, I set up Pocket Queries and now whenever I try to download a .gpx file to gsak I keep getting the following error message:

"There are no matching files to load. Import aborted."

I also get a none found message when I run pocket queries or when I receive an email.

I have tried changing my Pocket Queries set up a couple of times, but have not been able to get any other message.

What am I doing wrong?

Okay, I changed some of the attributes and when I run pq I finally get a list pop up, but I am still receiving the same error message when I try to downoad the .gpx file from the cache page.

"There are no matching files to load. Import aborted"

I think the problem is in how I am setting up my options on the software itself, but I have been unable to see something that looks "off".

Thanks for your help though.

Okay,  I changed some of the attributes and when I run pq I finally get a list pop up, but I am still receiving the same error message when I try to downoad the .gpx file from the cache page.

"There are no matching files to load.  Import aborted"

I think the problem is in how I am setting up my options on the software itself, but I have been unable to see something that looks "off".

Thanks for your help though.

If you are using Internet Explorer to download this file, there is a problem with it if you just use the open option after the download.

Please see this tutorial to get around this issue.

Edited by ClydeE
Is there a way to load the parking sign icon into GSAK, so that I can upload it to my GPSr?

Currently there is not a way of loading a parking icon (or any other 'user' defined icon) into GSAK. This is something I requested many months ago and Clyde did say he might add user defined icons some time in the future.

To get over this issue and to export 'Parking' waypoints icons I use the 'Change Icons' export utility of GSAK.

E.g. for Mapsource (Garmin) mapping & Garmin GPSr - in GSAK I allocate the parking co-ord to an 'Other - not found' cache type and export this to my GPSr as a 'Parking Area' icon using the "Change Icons/Waypoints Symbols" option when "Sending Waypoints to GPS".

Note: I also use 'Other - Placed' as an 'Information' icon for the separate waypoints for Puzzle/Multi's and export to my GPSr.

HTH