There Are No Stupid Questions, Just Stupid People.

KevinandMiles

This probably falls into the category of stupid questions that have been answered many times before. I am sorry if it does, but I have a few good ideas for Geocoins, but how do I get them minted or made? I am sorry, I don't know the correct lingo. I would really like to know so I can begin the process. Thanks in advance for your help. :P

:P I had to laugh at the title, and no I wasn't offended, I think a good person to talk to would be Cav Scout, He is an American soldier in Iraq, and is very talented when it come to the design of geocoins, He has 2 new ones coming out very soon. It would be a step in the right direction to contact him. B)

www.geochums.com/coins/OIFGA/

The title was a joke, and I meant to say I probably fall into the category of stupid people. I hope I didn't offend anyone. I was just trying to be funny. :P

So then what happens to the stupid people just before they ask a question? Do they suddenly become smart? <I can't remember which stand-up comic I heard that bit from>

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=110049

The above link is a recent forum topic that has a few links to the very-often used coin makers. The www sites are pretty informative and all 3 have had great reviews from the denizens of these forums (I used coinsandpins.com and continue to recommend them whenever I get the chance).

On the Coins and Pins web site under Other Coins Available, they seem to offer bulk orders of several cachers personal coins. What's up with that? For $1532.00, one can order 200 Lemon Fresh Dog Geo-Bones?

Does the original coin owner have sole ownership of the design of their coins or are these coins like studio photographs where the photographer retains the copyright to the picture, even though it may be of you? It may be an academic question but is there anything to keep the coin maker from offering personal coins for sale to the general public?

Edited by Cache-bert
On the Coins and Pins web site under Other Coins Available, they seem to offer bulk orders of several cachers personal coins. What's up with that? For $1532.00, one can order 200 Lemon Fresh Dog Geo-Bones?

Does the original coin owner have sole ownership of the design of their coins or are these coins like studio photographs where the photographer retains the copyright to the picture, even though it may be of you? It may be an academic question but is there anything to keep the coin maker from offering personal coins for sale to the general public?

It is an interesting situation. I posed this same question when LFD's GeoBone showed up there. The reason it is there is to give the coin owner the ability to use their credit card via the internet (possibly paypal??). You can't really order anyone else's coins. But you can see how many were made and how much they spent. :P