Team Alamo Hits 10k!

Wacka

Yesterday,

Team Alamo hit the lofty mark of 10,000 cahces found!

His milestone cache was TA@10K:The Grand Finale-The End of the Road. the finale of an 11 cache series commorating his finds.

I have been priviliged to accompany Lee on many (for me) cache searches. He has many great hides and always make newbies feel at ease. Remember Lee, there are still >190,000 more out there!

Edited by Wacka

Back in older times, clear back to Feb 2003, I noticed this VDBAlamo guy who appeared to have found somewhere near 250 caches in about a month, his first month of mega-caching. Ran across a find log of his at a cache where one of my tb's seemed to have gone missing near UC Davis and emailed to ask him about it.

That cache find rate was unheard of back then so out of extreme curiosity I checked his find logs suspecting I'd see cache finds posted in distant cities on the same dates indicating that this was a team of cachers in action. How could anyone find 250 caches in a month? The find logs, though, described very logical routes.

Emailed my brother (Wienerdog) and said "check this guy out, his finds are all grouped logically and besides that he seems to be a nice guy based on the help he gave me with my tb".

Turns out he kept that pace going for over 2 1/2 years. Amazing and fun to watch from a distance. Congratulations on your first 10k.

It helps that he has a lot of free time. :)

I've accompanied him on mega caching days, 50, 60, and sometimes more on the sort of day that is, for him, not out of the ordinary. The puzzles are solved, the maps are printed, the route laid out, geo-friends in the seats (speeds up the searching) and we move, move, move.

I've also accompanied him on all day ball-busting hikes to find just one or two caches. The numbers are balanced with those, as they should be.

I've also seen the strict requirement to have the log signed, either by him or in his presence. I've been there.

What those who know him are asking is, what now?

Yesterday,

Team Alamo hit the lofty mark of 10,000 cahces found!

His milestone cache was TA@10K:The Grand Finale-The End of the Road. the finale of an 11 cache series commorating his finds.

I have been priviliged to accompany Lee on many (for me) cache searches. He has many great hides and always make newbies feel at ease. Remember Lee, there are still >190,000 more out there!

Holy Crap! So how many finds per day since he joined has he averaged?!

10,000 is legendary.

Congrats. :P

Holy Crap! So how many finds per day since he joined has he averaged?!

10,000 is legendary.

Congrats. :P

The best I can reckon, 9.37 caches per day.

Fun Fact: On Sept. 29th (the day Team Alamo collected his 10,000th) the first Canadian satellite, Alouette, was launched on a US Delta rocket in 1962. B)B)