"found" Caches Not Showing On Map

YBIndoors

I logged more than 30 geocaches on September 17th and 18th. They all show up on my MY ACCOUNT page at geocaching.com, but the red check marks do not appear on any of them on the map. Yes, I have "caches I have found" checked in the legend to the right of the map, and all of my other finds show up on the map with a red check mark. It is only these 35-or-so caches that do not have the red check mark. Can this be corrected?

Thanks,

YBIndoors

Can this be corrected?

I'm sure it can, at least temporarily.

This is a frequent occurence recently. At the moment, my finds since Sept 9th are missing the red check marks.

If you send a support request to Groundspeak, they will rattle the hamsters' cages and the check marks will appear in a few days.

Evidently there is no one whose responsibility it is to keep the hamsters awake. :P

(And since I had to go to the screens to find where to do that, I'll go ahead and sent the request.)

Well, it is the weekend. Maybe they are out enjoying themselves.

How long has it been since check marks have been updated? I have 9/1 finds with checks and 9/9 finds (and after) without.

Maybe a daily posting to this thread like the networks do with major stories:

The Missing Checkmarks: Day 23.

(Assuming 9/9 is the first date missing, which I have no idea if that's true, and being very impatient and expecting check marks the next day.)

The Missing Checkmarks: Day 24

Signs of hope:

We have been having some issues with our mapping server recently that have

been causing the checkmarks to not show on the maps (as you've already

noticed). We very much apologize for the inconvenience but know that we

have isolated the problem and the checkmarks will reappear in the next day

or two.

The above is the response to my help request. So the checkmarks should be back shortly...and if they really did isolate (and fix) the problem, maybe we'll return to having our checkmarks routinely updated within a few days of the finds.

:blink:

The Missing Checkmarks: Day 24

Signs of hope:

We have been having some issues with our mapping server recently that have

been causing the checkmarks to not show on the maps (as you've already

noticed). We very much apologize for the inconvenience but know that we

have isolated the problem and the checkmarks will reappear in the next day

or two.

The above is the response to my help request. So the checkmarks should be back shortly...and if they really did isolate (and fix) the problem, maybe we'll return to having our checkmarks routinely updated within a few days of the finds.

:)

Day 29 for me - since my finds on Sept. 4. Also, new caches don't show up on the maps since then either - i.e., no map updates are appearing since early September.

Thanks for sending the help request and sharing the response; I do wish TPTB would occasionally post here on key issues. Isn't that partly what this forum is for? B)

no check marks since 10/8/05. this has been an ongoing problem since i started my premium membership quite a long time ago. sorta sucks since it is the only reason that i have a premium membership

That's strange. Even the most recent cache I have dowe on 10/19 is showing up. Make sure you have both the check box in the legend for "Found caches" andthe chekmark below the map for "List Found Caches" checked off. Then refresh and see what happens.