Wait List - What Is The Fairest Way?

SlytherinAlex

At the moment I have 24 EU geocoins that have not been paid for. The deadline is midnight tonight (UK time)

Supposing that all the 24 remain unpaid, that leaves me with 24 coins to allocate to the wait list.

Should I allocate one coin each to the first 24 names on the list? Or allocate the first orders that amount to 24 coins, which would result in only 8 people getting coins and not 24.

Anyone have an opinion on this?

-

Edited by SlytherinAlex
If it were me, I would fill the next orders according to timestamps. If you had ordered an additional 24 coins, this is how those requests would have been filled.

It is an interesting dilemma, I wouldn't have thought to spread them out to 24 people.

I hope I'm never on your waitlist!

If it were me, I would fill the next orders according to timestamps. If you had ordered an additional 24 coins, this is how those requests would have been filled.

Or you would be glad to be first one the list requesting 5...

It cuts both ways.

You can do either random. Or go down the list. Either way doesn't really matter.

However I'd give everone what they wanted until you hit the last person and if they wanted 5 and you have two left, let them know they can have two if they want it. Odds are they will.

If you really wanted to spread them out then you would of made a one per order limit to begin with. That's also fair but to change it just for the wait list?

Edited by Renegade Knight

Or you would be glad to be first one the list requesting 5...

It cuts both ways.

Well said, I think the opinions will depend on where the people are on the wait list. If they are getting in late then the odds are the answers will be one to a person. However, people at the top of the list odds are they will say they should get what they have been waiting for.

Just normal human nature.

When I was put on the wait list, I requested more than one coin, just because I could. I don't have a problem giving up my extras so someone else can get one. Sure they would be nice to have but I'm not going to stress one way or another. If I had already paid for more than one well that would be a different story now wouldn't it. I don't have one now, and I'll be alright if I don't have one later. I realized that when I signed up on the wait list that I might not get one anyway. - My 2 cents....

Well I personally would like to see more coins go with a 1 per cacher limit. I don't check the forums every hour (or even every day) and so when some coins become pre-order available, it seems like in the span of a day or 2 the order is filled. Yes I know some people are ordering for coin clubs, but the people in those coin clubs are ordering multiples also.....In the end, you get what happens on ebay. A 6-8 dollar coins winds up going for 40-60 bucks, sometimes more....and those of us that don't forum check for new coins on a daily basis get screwed if we want a new coin. I don't have the funds to make a run of coins, so my only recourse is to try buying the ones I want when they come up for sale.

Yes, I know that some of those ordering multiples are doing it for trading extras, but some are not. It's just my own 2 cents worth, but I'd like to see more state coins going to a 1 per cachers limit so that the rest of us will get a crack at being able to ordering one.

And in case you're curious, I'm not on the wait list for this coin.

Again, just my 2 pennies worth of info and a little venting as well.

Jeff

Oh to have the wisdom of King Solomon!?!

What would he do? I've got it. Cut the coins up. Just a joke.

Seriously though it does cut both ways. If I were on the wait list I would be happy to get even one. One each for the first 24 people would make the most people happy. If you have the time ask the first 24 how THEY feel. :)

I would like to thank you for such a nice coin and the new icon (Yep! At this stage in the game it's all about the ICONS baby!) :lol:

Good luck Alex in your decision.

Seriously, I think it was great that you came looking for opinions.

The bottom line though is that you'll NEVER make everybody happy, no matter how hard you try.

From what I know, I would go with the wait list as-is (go down the list and fill the orders based on what was submitted) - but that's just me.

And, no - I'm not on the wait list either. :)

I would treat the list as if the next 24 coins ordered had been lucky enough to have made it on the order list originally. Seems a shame that the folks that just barely missed the cut might be arbitrarily limited to just one coin. Especially considering shipping charges per coin may seem signficant at the 1-coin order size.

I am not on the wait list. Unless you count waiting for my trading partner to receive and then send my coin :)

I know this was already taken care of, but I'll still throw in my 2 cents. I think the fairest way would be to fullfill the complete orders of those who are next in line. They spoke up first, so why should they get docked just to please people who were slower?

That said, if it were me I would have just given 1 per person on the wait list. The number of coins some people order is insane, so I'd spread it out some. That wouldn't be fair, but who says you have to be fair? B)