Problem With Mapsource 6.9.0.1 Beta?

Insp Gadget

I was creating a route with Mapsource from Bathurst, New Brunswick, Canada to Sydney, Nova Scotia. Mapsource told me the trip would be 663km, which is about right, but the time to make this trip would be 927 days, 12 hours and 57 min!!!! I tried the same with version 6.8 and this problem did not show up.

Anyone else notice something like this?

I would attach a screen capture, but really have no idea how to......

Edited by Insp Gadget

According to Mapsource I was! :laughing:

Seriously, report it to Garmin so they can get it fixed before they come out with the final version.

I also reported that I did not like the way they changed the autorouting to "avoid/prefer" for each road type. I liked it better when you could manually set the speed for each type of road. This new system will draw some funky routes if you aren't careful!

I was creating a route with Mapsource from Bathurst, New Brunswick, Canada to Sydney, Nova Scotia. Mapsource told me the trip would be 663km, which is about right, but the time to make this trip would be 927 days, 12 hours and 57 min!!!! I tried the same with version 6.8 and this problem did not show up.

Anyone else notice something like this?

I would attach a screen capture, but really have no idea how to......

Me too; then, I noticed my routing preference was set to pedestrian instead of vehicle.

Gotta open mapsource, download the gps, close mapsource, reinitialize my ports, restart the laptop, open nroute, import the file I saved from Mapsource, then start the tracking.

Strange - I can run them both at the same time without any problems. Things available to one program are available to the other. Why do you have to go thrugh all of those steps?

When either Nroute or Mapsource has a connection to the GPS first and then I try to use the other program it says that the port is unavailable. Also, how do you get ure waypoints from the GPS into Nroute? You have to go through Mapsource. It's a pain.

I agree that it could be more convenient, but the functionality in nRoute is far superior to the GPS tab in MapSource. I did find that if you click "Select Device" from the menu or toolbar and bring up the unit selection dialog, it disconnects from the unit. Then I transfer from the unit using Mapsourse, copy the waypoints I want and paste them into nRoute. It works in the other direction too.

I did find that if you click "Select Device" from the menu or toolbar and bring up the unit selection dialog, it disconnects from the unit. Then I transfer from the unit using Mapsourse, copy the waypoints I want and paste them into nRoute. It works in the other direction too.

This is just what I mean... Really "user friendly"! You listed at least 4 steps neccessary to do something that should be seemless and simple. :P

When either Nroute or mapsource has a connection to the GPS first and then I try to use the other program it says that the port is unavailable. Also, how do you get ure waypoints from the GPS into Nroute? You have to go through Mapsource. It's a pain.

FYI - You can select waypoints in MapSource, copy them, and paste them into nRoute. No need to go through the GPSr.