Me And Geocoins

Bjornian

At this point in my life i am buying geocoins. I don't have the money to have my own, since all the places i talked to what an original run of a minimum of 500 coins plus die. And that would cost me 2500+. I can buy some elses geocin for like 6-8 bucks. I have enough to occasianlly buy a geocoin, but i can't afford a run of 500.

I already have a geocoin design, a private tracking site, and the time to put forth for it. I even minted the coin on my own in the campus metal shop.

Please will people sell me geocoins. I only have US and Maryland (and they are pretty).

There are coin makers that will run a smaller lot than 500. I did 1/2 that. I know of many others that have runs of 100.

Consult with:

http://www.coinsandpins.com

http://www.coinsforanything.com

http://www.qualitylapelpins.com

And of course - spend some time perusing these forums.

edited to make the links clickable

Edited by pdxmarathonman
At this point in my life i am buying geocoins. I don't have the money to have my own, since all the places i talked to what an original run of a minimum of 500 coins plus die. And that would cost me 2500+. I can buy some elses geocin for like 6-8 bucks. I have enough to occasianlly buy a geocoin, but i can't afford a run of 500.

I already have a geocoin design, a private tracking site, and the time to put forth for it. I even minted the coin on my own in the campus metal shop.

Please will people sell me geocoins. I only have US and Maryland (and they are pretty).

Show us what your "home-made" coin looks like, I would be apt to do a trade with you. I think that the "home-made" ones are just as valuable, if not more than the manufactured ones.

Show us what your "home-made" coin looks like, I would be apt to do a trade with you. I think that the "home-made" ones are just as valuable, if not more than the manufactured ones.

Ditto. I might be interested too.

Your post inspired me to purchase my first geocoin. I didn't completely understand them, I thought they were strictly for passing along and not collecting. But I really wanted one! I think I have come across one of the homemade ones in a recent cache (can you tell I am new to this?) At least I think it is just a homemade one...there are no tracking numbers on them. So maybe I am up to two geocoins? :rolleyes:

Check out this site for a quote on a production of as little as 100 coins:

The Caching Place

I went through them and they are great to work with!!

:P

How did you pay them? I see they are not set up to accept PayPal yet :rolleyes:

According to the second paragraph, it appears as if they may except it. At least that have information pertaining to the use of it. <_<

Edited by Damenace

That's weird, because I did just that and paid through PayPal and everything worked fine.

Did you read the page? Here's what I see while in PayPal:

Pay To: sales@thecachingplace.com

User Status: This recipient is not yet registered. PayPal will send an email to the recipient explaining how to open an account and receive your transaction.

Then when I click to pay anyway and get back to thecachingplace site, I see "Your payment was not received by Paypal payment system. "

The payment shows in my paypal account as UNCLAIMED

Do you know these people?

Edited by AtlantaGal

That's weird, because I did just that and paid through PayPal and everything worked fine.

User Status: This recipient is not yet registered. PayPal will send an email to the recipient explaining how to open an account and receive your transaction.

Then when I click to pay anyway and get back to thecachingplace site, I see "Your payment was not received by Paypal payment system. "

Sure do. I'll let them know that there's a problem with PayPal. Thanks.

Hi AtlantaGal! Sorry you ran into a problem on our new site! :rolleyes: We had to make a last minute change with our email provider and there was one area in the shopping cart that didn't get the change...hence your notice: This recipient is not yet registered. We are registered users and Paypal payments are welcome!!

We are a very legitimate company! Craig and Georgia Hendricks aka...The Cach-U-Nuts have been caching since 2001 and we are very excited about our new website and what we have to offer geocachers around the world. Our business partners, the Glanville's are somewhat new to caching but are very excited about joining us on our new adventure.

As with any new business there are always a few bugs to work out in the begining so please bear with us during these first few days! We welcome you to our new site and feedback and suggestions are always encouraged.

Thanks for your understanding!

<_<The Caching Place Team

Edited by Cach-U-Nuts

Group demand helps!

I planned to make 325 of my personal SilverMarc coins, and keep only 25 for myself to trade later. The minting was about $1800, and 300 of the coins were pre-sold to others at $5.45 each.

I got to keep the coins I wanted for the same $5.45 each that we all paid. This is why you're seeing so many coins offered up for sale now. Most people aren't footing the entire bill, they're essentially "buying into" the deal at the same group rate that they offer others.

--Marc

October 11, 2005 @ 9:57 AM

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'