Good Trade Items

lmcgisme

I think you guys were a little harsh on ghost9mm. This person stated that they had decided to add the Livestrong bracelets into caches to support and spread the awareness of the cause and most of you focused on the fact that this person did not spend the retail price of $1.00... Not everyone that decides to do a good thing gets started off in EXACTLY the correct direction. Just makes you wonder how many people actually think for a few minutes before typing.

I don't read that they were knocking the less than $1 price, but just cautioning that buying a live strong bracelet for less than $1 likely meant that the bracelets were less than authentic and that none of the money was going to cancer research. that's all. if ghost9mm thought the bracelets were going to cancer research but were really filling the seller's pockets, that's worth pointing out.

B)

I make these for trade ocassionally although the glass beads can be a bit costy sometimes depends If where I buy them has them in bulk or not. Rarely they do though  B)

MysteryInk1.jpg

My all time favorite trade item I took was a hand made key chain by epiduralgirl. It is nothing special, but it looks nice and I just like the idea of it being something made rather than bought. I keep meaning to make something myself as a signature item... maybe a lanyard. B)

At one time Target had carabiners in their dollar store section. Three for a buck. I should have bought a ton. Then I could have made lanyards for them so people would actually like them. I hear a lot of people complain about carabiners as swag. I guess once you have a couple, you don't need any more.

I make these for trade ocassionally although the glass beads can be a bit costy sometimes depends If where I buy them has them in bulk or not. Rarely they do though  B)

MysteryInk1.jpg

My all time favorite trade item I took was a hand made key chain by epiduralgirl. It is nothing special, but it looks nice and I just like the idea of it being something made rather than bought. I keep meaning to make something myself as a signature item... maybe a lanyard. B)

At one time Target had carabiners in their dollar store section. Three for a buck. I should have bought a ton. Then I could have made lanyards for them so people would actually like them. I hear a lot of people complain about carabiners as swag. I guess once you have a couple, you don't need any more.

One of my first cache finds had a carabiner in it (actually it's the ONLY cache I've found a caribiner in - out of 117 and counting) and I used it to attach the carry case for my GPSMAP76CS to my caching bag. I love it.

If I could afford it I'd get caribiners with my caching name on them for a sig item. Unfortunately I work for the State of California (in one of the less popular departments) so I don't make much money.

MysteryInk1.jpg

One of my first cache finds had a carabiner in it (actually it's the ONLY cache I've found a caribiner in - out of 117 and counting) and I used it to attach the carry case for my GPSMAP76CS to my caching bag. I love it.

If I could afford it I'd get caribiners with my caching name on them for a sig item. Unfortunately I work for the State of California (in one of the less popular departments) so I don't make much money.

sorry to hear that :/ Yeah California..... I wont comment on that since I live here too. Guess thats why I only go out to cache and when Im not caching I stay at home so im safe.

I have a question that has bothered me since I have started Geocaching with my kids. I have 5 kids and they all like to trade. Is it ok for any or all of them to make a trade at one cache as long as we trade up and or leave more than we took? I don't want to be doing something that is considered bad manners.

I also had wondered what was good things to leave, but found a post on the board that gave me lots of good ideas.

Thanks in advance for answering my question.

PS Film in a cache is a bad idea, the temp changes would be very hard on it, especially the heat of summer. I often keep my film in the fridge during the hot summer months. (we don't have A/C)

Edited by YontzFamily
I make these for trade ocassionally although the glass beads can be a bit costy sometimes depends If where I buy them has them in bulk or not. Rarely they do though :D

MysteryInk1.jpg

Hey Ink! We found #24 in a NM cache last month. Still deciding whether to pass it on or keep it. You do great work - the effort, time and expense shows. I've been thinking about signature items but you just blew away all my no-effort-small-expense ideas.